What is wrong with this dude.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

What is wrong with this dude.

Cannot figure out why one would link the two events in the first place other than to stir the pot. Peter King is vying to be the most obnoxious sports writer in history.

Saints bounty scandal 77, Patriots Spygate scandal 0.

With today's announcement of four players being suspended for their roles in the three-year bounty scandal engulfing the New Orleans Saints, the final score is on the board. Coaches, administrators and defenders who play for, or played for the Saints have been issued suspensions without pay totaling 77 games -- and the team fined $500,000 and docked two second-round draft choices -- for their roles in a scandal that has drawn the heaviest sanctions in league history. The Patriots, in 2007, got docked a total of $750,000 and a first-round draft pick -- but no coach or team employee was suspended -- for videotaping the opposing sidelines during games, ostensibly to gain a competitive advantage.

It's startling in its comparison. And there's no question the NFL Players Association will fight the player sanctions -- linebacker Jonathan Vilma a full season, defensive tackle Anthony Hargrove (now with the Packers) eight games, defensive end Will Smith four games and linebacker Scott Fujita (now with the Browns) three games -- aggressively.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/05/02/saints.players/index.html#ixzz1ttJMbuC6

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: What is wrong with this dude.

PK is a tool with an axe to grind. That is why he has been banned at Gillette stadium by BB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Lets see, one is illegal because of the location of the camera and not because of the act of filming the signals itself. The other risked careers and lives in general in an act the the league is currently being sued over by former players. Gee I wonder why one was punished harder then the other

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Hmmmm...Lemme see.
    Speeding ticket =  $300.00 fine
    Bounty/assault  =  20 yrs in prison

Yup, that's about right Petey!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

When will someone call out King in person on live radio or on tv? I've noticed his little personal crusade, subtly trying to slam BB for years now.

He was basically banished from his Gillette access in Sept of 2007 (due to negligence, arrogance and inflammatory comments after being confronted about this lies) and since then, has been subtly taking shots at the Pats.

I don't know why Matt Light has him over for his charity events.  I'd be pissed that someone constantly questioned my integrity and hardwork to make money off my back like that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Because the Elephant in the Room for the NFL is the lawsuits by former players regarding injuries.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Well, no kidding. But, Peter King being paid the money he is being paid should be differentiating between the bounty situation and an overblown inter-franchise spat between Manboobs and BB, explaining the differences.

The media, including King, should be reminding the public of the 1997 and 1998 cap deceit as well. Clearly, this incident, spanning 2 years, is the most egregious and lowhanded maneuver ever by any franchise.

1. Broncos Cap Cheating (this led to the signing of about 4 high end FAs on the market + keeping their own high end FAs) giving them clear 16 game advantages within a cap league.

2. Saints Bountygate

3. Spygate/BB Witch Hunt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In Response to Re: What is wrong with this dude.:
    Well, no kidding. But, Peter King being paid the money he is being paid should be differentiating between the bounty situation and an overblown inter-franchise spat between Manboobs and BB, explaining the differences. The media, including King, should be reminding the public of the 1997 and 1998 cap deceit as well. Clearly, this incident, spanning 2 years, is the most egregious and lowhanded maneuver ever by any franchise. 1. Broncos Cap Cheating (this led to the signing of about 4 high end FAs on the market + keeping their own high end FAs) giving them clear 16 game advantages within a cap league. 2. Saints Bountygate 3. Spygate/BB Witch Hunt
    Posted by BassFishing

I would put the Jets tripgate way above filming from the wrong location. Intentionally influencing a live game is MUCH worse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In answer to the basic question, Peter King has an ax to grind, period.  Often, objective journalism is a contradiction in terms; in King's case the evidence is overwhelming that, with respect to the Pats, he's not even close.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

The comparison is two programs that engaged in institutional shenanigans.  That said, I think King clearly differentiated between the two with the 77-0 statement. 

I think that makes things pretty clear how different the two actually are.  You all should not be so disgusted with this.  By providing a side by side of the two he is actually demonstrating how different the two transgressions actually are. 

I know Pats fans just want the whole thing to go away but it won't.  The good news for you is that another team engaged in institutional shenanigans that were far far worse than what Belichick did.  That will help people forget spygate as they will focus on the awful bountygate program.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The comparison is two programs that engaged in institutional shenanigans.  That said, I think King clearly differentiated between the two with the 77-0 statement.  I think that makes things pretty clear how different the two actually are.  You all should not be so disgusted with this.  By providing a side by side of the two he is actually demonstrating how different the two transgressions actually are.  I know Pats fans just want the whole thing to go away but it won't.  The good news for you is that another team engaged in institutional shenanigans that were far far worse than what Belichick did.  That will help people forget spygate as they will focus on the awful bountygate program.
    Posted by UD6

Spygate will never go away. Phoney clucks like you will always be there to act like they have integrity when they have no objectivity whatsoever and just want to infect the discussion with their homer agenda.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The comparison is two programs that engaged in institutional shenanigans.  That said, I think King clearly differentiated between the two with the 77-0 statement.  I think that makes things pretty clear how different the two actually are.  You all should not be so disgusted with this.  By providing a side by side of the two he is actually demonstrating how different the two transgressions actually are.  I know Pats fans just want the whole thing to go away but it won't.  The good news for you is that another team engaged in institutional shenanigans that were far far worse than what Belichick did.  That will help people forget spygate as they will focus on the awful bountygate program.
    Posted by UD6

That is based on the faulty assumption that the people who still have an axe to grind over "spygate" are rational.  All pieces like this do is feed into their delusions that the NFL is "in bed" with New England because the penalties weren't as harsh.  This justifies the absurd belief that all their conspiracy theories about other tapes (like the debunked St. Louis walkthrough) or secret microphones in shoulder pads being covered up are true.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I've read just about everything PK has written over the last few years.
    ( god help me )

I think his initial take on spygate was way out of line ( BB did too ) and tho his subsequent revised remarks have mellowed ,  he still fails to grasp the witch -hunt / over-reaction that swept thru the NFL in 2007 and the misinformation that still permeates to this day.

That said - there's numerous pieces writen by PK that exult both BB and the Pats organization .

He may have a hidden agenda  , but I have to admit he hides it pretty well .

NOTE : I loved the greeting  PK relayed was given to him a couple years ago when he entered Gillette Stadium for an August camp visit :
     PK " How ya doin' Kevin " ?
     Faulk " What are you doin' here ? "

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: What is wrong with this dude. : Spygate will never go away. Phoney clucks like you will always be there to act like they have integrity when they have no objectivity whatsoever and just want to infect the discussion with their homer agenda.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Let him have it Babe! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

LMAO @ Kevin Faulk asking Peter King " What are you doin' here ? "

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Good for you Babe! Blast this but-hole!

In Response to Re: What is wrong with this dude. : Spygate will never go away. Phoney clucks like you will always be there to act like they have integrity when they have no objectivity whatsoever and just want to infect the discussion with their homer agenda.
    Posted by BabeParilli

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

In response to "Re: What is wrong with this dude.":
    I know Pats fans just want the whole thing to go away but it won't.  The good news for you is that another team engaged in institutional shenanigans that were far far worse than what Belichick did.  That will help people forget spygate as they will focus on the awful bountygate program. Posted by UD6
    I don't want it to go away, I don't care. I am above believing that it mattered or even that Belichick's interpretation was wrong. Unlike the "spygate cabal", I read the complete text of the rule, which is fairly important. I am comfortable it was legal and gained no unfair advantage, empirically and through deductive reasoning. the "spygate cabal" admits to not even think about it objectively and analyzing it, they use the "it must have been against the rule because they were fined and lost a draft pick and Belichick wouldn't do it unless it gave him an advantage. Considering, the Patriots have a better record post spygate confirms that further. The cabal ridiculously claims "they haven't won a super bowl since" as if this type of activity only matters in the super bowl and not the other 86 games they have played, completely ingenuous. They also forget to mention the Patriots have made 2 super bowls and had the lead in both with under 1 minute to go, while they were trailing with under 3 minutes and 1 minute in two of the super bowls they won, which ,I guess, implies that spygate only helps in the final minute or two of the super bowl. No, i don't want spygate to go away, i want it to stay, it helps me identify who stupid, bitter people are a lot quicker, and I don't have to waste my time figuring it out and perhaps reaching a false conclusion about them. I find that valuable.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Posted by BabeParilli

This is so true.  There are the lemming fans who, in addition to a hatred for the Pats, somehow, truly believe the filming of coaches signals on the sideline, signals which are clearly visible to everyone in the stadium, actually contributed to the success of the Pats even after 2007!!  The absolute height of tunnel vision lives with those folks who bring up this topic time and time again.  Even for an NFL player or coach, who knows what goes into game planning week after week in which signals, plays and all are changed continually, to believe there is credibility to the filming actually aided the Pats is simply doing so out of a dislike for the franchise.  Guessing right on a play is one thing, trying to take a player out is a totally different matter as that impacts the entire game. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

Who cares? Ancient history. I'm more concerned about winning a Super Bowl this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

PK is a tool with an axe to grind. That is why he has been banned at Gillette stadium by BB.
    Posted by Quagmire3

Did Belichick really ban Peter King from Gillette? If so thats awesome!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

The comparison is two programs that engaged in institutional shenanigans.  That said, I think King clearly differentiated between the two with the 77-0 statement.  I think that makes things pretty clear how different the two actually are.  You all should not be so disgusted with this.  By providing a side by side of the two he is actually demonstrating how different the two transgressions actually are...
    Posted by UD6

so what do you think was his purpose for making the comparison?

1) use the 77-0 comparison to point out that bounty gate is a much worse violation

2) use the 77-0 comparison to point out how unfair the saints is penalized for bountygate

you seem to be saying #1, when it's obvious it's #2. he's just short of saying that the pats should have had suspensions too or that the saints should gotten much less.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Posted by UD6

I'm glad someone got caught doing something worse, but just like stealing signals that are in plain sight (with scouts and notebooks, not video cameras), it's becoming clearer and clearer by the day that bounty programs happen around the NFL, but most aren't nearly as organized and institutionally endorsed as the Saints' was.

I understand incentive systems.  I really do.  Pay people for interceptions, sacks, forced fumbels, LEGAL hits on the quarterback, tackles for losses

But paying people to INJURE someone else is appalling.  That it might have happened league-wide is shocking to this former football player.  For fear of my own knees and neck, I'd never wish injury on all but the worst people.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Posted by BabeParilli

What else do the trolls have to argue but spygate? No other AFC team has had an edge over the Pats over this past decade (2001-11).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: What is wrong with this dude. : That is based on the faulty assumption that the people who still have an axe to grind over "spygate" are rational.  All pieces like this do is feed into their delusions that the NFL is "in bed" with New England because the penalties weren't as harsh.  This justifies the absurd belief that all their conspiracy theories about other tapes (like the debunked St. Louis walkthrough) or secret microphones in shoulder pads being covered up are true.
    Posted by pcmIV

He doesn't get it. As usual, but good job articulating the reality of King's comments.

He's convinced Spygate was, blow by blow, reported 100% correctly since 2007.   So, he's already deluded himself which is why he can't see your point. He'll never admit it was a minor thing that was never addressed prior to 2007 because of a spat between the Jets/Manboobs and Pats/BB, AND the fact no rules were ever broken prior to 2007.

Sections
Shortcuts