What is your favorite replacement ref gafts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

What is your favorite replacement ref gafts?

Just out of curiosity what where your favorites. Mine:

• a Punt dies on the 5yd line and is ruled a touchback
    • a kick returner is flagged for holding while running with the ball (yeah don't know how that possible either)
    • a holding call on Gronk with open palms and arms extended
    • a D holding on McCourty when McCourty never even touched a player
    • a Ref giving the ball to Ari in a Atl/Dal game
    • one ref signaling a TO and another signaling TD after a clear interception
    • a Ref marking off 20yds and taking 10s off the clock for a 5yd penalty or 10s run off choice then penalizing the coach asking why they marked off 20yds

What's yours?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: What is your favorite replacement ref gafts?

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Just out of curiosity what where your favorites. Mine:

• a Punt dies on the 5yd line and is ruled a touchback
    • a kick returner is flagged for holding while running with the ball (yeah don't know how that possible either)
    • a holding call on Gronk with open palms and arms extended
    • a D holding on McCourty when McCourty never even touched a player
    • a Ref giving the ball to Ari in a Atl/Dal game
    • one ref signaling a TO and another signaling TD after a clear interception
    • a Ref marking off 20yds and taking 10s off the clock for a 5yd penalty or 10s run off choice then penalizing the coach asking why they marked off 20yds

What's yours?

If you're going for pure comic effect I'd have to go with your first one. Even a Jets fan could have got that one right.

Otherwise I might take the uncountable times they've pointed in the wrong direction on everything from which team got the penalty to signaling first down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Forgot whose game it was. But, "After further review, the ball will be spotted on the 44 yard line."

And then they spotted it on the wrong 44 yard line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

Forgot whose game it was. But, "After further review, the ball will be spotted on the 44 yard line."

And then they spotted it on the wrong 44 yard line.

So they were half right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

We have to expect some questions from the refs regarding the rules.  The rules are overly complex to suit the league and allow the refs to make about any call they want.  I still like the replacement refs over the old ones that always favored the elite teams.  At least now all the teams are either getting screwed over or ignored.  It's at least even.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to MichFan's comment:

We have to expect some questions from the refs regarding the rules.  The rules are overly complex to suit the league and allow the refs to make about any call they want.  I still like the replacement refs over the old ones that always favored the elite teams.  At least now all the teams are either getting screwed over or ignored.  It's at least even.

Then I guess we should add the extra time making each call allows us to get a beer, sandwich and go to the can without missing anything. Some of them have taken so long I could have cooked a meal. eaten it, done the dishes and got back to the TV in time to see what the call was.

Sections
Shortcuts