What it is looking like the Pats will need as they continue to build a more dominanting team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: What it is looking like the Pats will need as they continue to build a more dominanting team

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sign Dashon Goldson, get a good DT to play with Vince, get another pass-rusher to play with Chandler. 

You can't sign both Talib and Welker if you plan to keep Vollmer, you can only keep two off three. 

[/QUOTE]

we have like 35 mil space

were not gving welker 10 mil unless hes tagged

[/QUOTE]

Did you calculate people's pay raises? And I keep telling you guys, Welker wants a Fitz type deal. 3 year 45 mill was his asking price, Bill offered him a 2 year 18 with an option for the 3rd. 

[/QUOTE]

PAts estimated cap 2013 is $105 mil with some obvious renegotiations/potential cap savings cuts which would lower that number.  That includes dead money of $4 million owed to Fanene and Ocho. 

Wes, Vollmer easily can be signed/franchised under the cap. Talib could as well, but I don't think the Pats extend him long term. I think many, many teams also shy away from him. Of course, all it takes is 1 team, but Pats don't give him a Bodden type deal IMO.

Wes was not looking for 3/45, which is meaningless anyways. Wes was looking for guaranteed money of $30 mil. Pats were guaranteeing about $22. 

[/QUOTE]

i unerstood it was 10+ for  like 5 years actually

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: What it is looking like the Pats will need as they continue to build a more dominanting team

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A faster defense, and bigger WRs, and another Gronkatron

[/QUOTE]

we already have ballard

[/QUOTE]

We'll see how that works out next year, but it wouldn't hurt have 3 gronk types.

Fells isn't really lighting it up, and Hoomanawanui seesm to be more a blocking guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I think we have all the pieces in place. Good depth everywhere but DT. We only need the guys we have to gain valuable experience. I wouldn't mind a rangey hard hitting saftey who can be right place right time. A sherrif of the secondary ala Rodney Harrison....but only a few of those guys around, and DMC might very well be one of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to thehub's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A faster defense, and bigger WRs, and another Gronkatron

[/QUOTE]

Pierre Garcon would have been nice. I live just outside of DC and he has been very good for the skins. Much faster than I though and very good with slants. 

[/QUOTE]

I wanted them to take Garcon in the offseason.  Would have liked him, Lloyd, and Welker as our top three wideouts.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Garcon has been hurt all year.  I am glad we didn't get him.  This board would have been all over BB. It's just too bad Reggie Wayne didn't make the right decision for himself.

[/QUOTE]

Hard to predict injuries, though, and Garcon looked good before he was hurt and has looked good since.  This offense is really nicely put together this year, but the one thing it has been missing is a deep threat to complement Lloyd.  I really was excited about what Stallworth added against Houston . . . and wish we had him or someone like him to help stretch the field.  

For next year, I'm going to assume we're pretty well set at RB, TE, and QB.  On offense, we will need to work on WRs (especially with Welker's situation) and also look at the line.  Is Vollmer healthy enough to rely on all season?  Can we shore up the interior line positions? I think the line is pretty good, but it has been injury prone and maybe not as athletic as is ideal against defensive fronts like San Fran's and the NYG's.  

On defense we can use help really at any position.  DT and safety probably stand out the most, but we need another corner (you really need three starters in today's NFL), and could probably use some help at LB (better pass coverage guy) and another pass rusher either at LB or DE.  

I'm assuming Demps will be the kick returner we currently lack.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Garcon has been hurt all year.  I am glad we didn't get him.  This board would have been all over BB. It's just too bad Reggie Wayne didn't make the right decision for himself.

[/QUOTE]

Hard to predict injuries, though, and Garcon looked good before he was hurt and has looked good since.  This offense is really nicely put together this year, but the one thing it has been missing is a deep threat to complement Lloyd.  I really was excited about what Stallworth added against Houston . . . and wish we had him or someone like him to help stretch the field.  

For next year, I'm going to assume we're pretty well set at RB, TE, and QB.  On offense, we will need to work on WRs (especially with Welker's situation) and also look at the line.  Is Vollmer healthy enough to rely on all season?  Can we shore up the interior line positions? I think the line is pretty good, but it has been injury prone and maybe not as athletic as is ideal against defensive fronts like San Fran's and the NYG's.  

On defense we can use help really at any position.  DT and safety probably stand out the most, but we need another corner (you really need three starters in today's NFL), and could probably use some help at LB (better pass coverage guy) and another pass rusher either at LB or DE.  

I'm assuming Demps will be the kick returner we currently lack.  

[/QUOTE]

good post/points

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Our third TE next year should be Ballard unless we trade him for a draft pick!

We will add Demps as a returner - I am not sure if he is able to break into this group of 4 RBs but with his speed it would be nice.

Welker is a big question mark. I hope he comes back.

Reallllly hoping we improve one spot on the O line via FA or draft and one spot on the D line also FA or draft, and get a CB at least as good as Dennard. THose three things are a big deal.

Ballard as a third TE is something (again unless we can parley him into another draft pick round 2 or 3).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If this team adds a defensive tackle that can pass rush a bit and hold his ground in the running game it will really change this defense. They considered it a place of need this off season and signed Fenene - it failed miserably - it needs to be taken care of.

Sections
Shortcuts