What kind of shape is TB in?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

What kind of shape is TB in?

I know BB likes to play games on the status of players and the extent of their injuries but should we be concerned?
    He's missed the Wednesday practice three weeks in a row, he's constantly being listed as probable for shoulder and foot problems now they're saying it was just changed to questionable?

We need to get up quick and stay there tomorrow so we can get this guy rested for the Jets. I'll feel fine with Hoyer and a 14 point lead late in the 3rd.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: What kind of shape is TB in?

Sam, I posted this morning that it wouldn't totally surprise me if BB holds Brady out to rest him for the Jets or at least takes him out after the first half if the Pats have a reasonable lead.  If Brady were 100%, I don't think BB would think of pulling Brady, but if Brady's dinged up and can't move well, BB may not want to risk a more serious injury prior to the Jets game.  It all depends on how injured Brady really is and how much confidence BB has in Hoyer. 

Of course, BB may just be trying to get the Lions to waste time prepping for Hoyer. Given that it's a short week, there's really no time to waste, so spending any significant time preparing for Hoyer would be a big disadvantage.  BB is crafty and I wouldn't be surprised if he's playing some game to keep Detroit off balance.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

He's fine.  They will inject pain killers and tape his foot up. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

In Response to Re: What kind of shape is TB in?:
    Sam, I posted this morning that it wouldn't totally surprise me if BB holds Brady out to rest him for the Jets or at least takes him out after the first half if the Pats have a reasonable lead.  If Brady were 100%, I don't think BB would think of pulling Brady, but if Brady's dinged up and can't move well, BB may not want to risk a more serious injury prior to the Jets game.  It all depends on how injured Brady really is and how much confidence BB has in Hoyer.  Of course, BB may just be trying to get the Lions to waste time prepping for Hoyer. Given that it's a short week, there's really no time to waste, so spending any significant time preparing for Hoyer would be a big disadvantage.  BB is crafty and I wouldn't be surprised if he's playing some game to keep Detroit off balance.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Don't take this the wrong way as I intend it as constructive criticism. You are completely insane if you think Brady isn't playing tomorrow. I've been reading people's posts here and I have to tell you. If you think this is the 0-16 Lions you are nuts. They have a pretty good defense. Much better than the Pats. They pressure the QB with their front four and they have a couple of good CBs. They are one dimensional on offense. Unfortunately it's their passing game, even with Hill, that is their strength. They have no running game whatsoever.

DO NOT look past this team!

And by the way, when BB says he prepares for every player on the opponents roster, every other coach does the same thing. And no coach is losing sleep over a QB who has never played a meaningful snap in an NFL game. That would be Hoyer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Sam, I posted this morning that it wouldn't totally surprise me if BB holds Brady out to rest him for the Jets or at least takes him out after the first half if the Pats have a reasonable lead.  If Brady were 100%, I don't think BB would think of pulling Brady, but if Brady's dinged up and can't move well, BB may not want to risk a more serious injury prior to the Jets game.  It all depends on how injured Brady really is and how much confidence BB has in Hoyer.  Of course, BB may just be trying to get the Lions to waste time prepping for Hoyer. Given that it's a short week, there's really no time to waste, so spending any significant time preparing for Hoyer would be a big disadvantage.  BB is crafty and I wouldn't be surprised if he's playing some game to keep Detroit off balance.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

I don't think Detroit would prep for Hoyer unless they saw a cast on TB's leg. And considering the way that kid Suh is playing, BB may very well take the chance tomorrow and sit TB. No point getting TB seriously injured, especially if what little mobility he has is taken away because of a nagging injury.I think Detroit averages just under 3 sacks per game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Your post read like someone who In Response to Re: What kind of shape is TB in?:
    In Response to Re: What kind of shape is TB in? : I don't think Detroit would prep for Hoyer unless they saw a cast on TB's leg. And considering the way that kid Suh is playing, BB may very well take the chance tomorrow and sit TB. No point getting TB seriously injured, especially if what little mobility he has is taken away because of a nagging injury.I think Detroit averages just under 3 sacks per game.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Your post reads like someone who watches ESPN and not someone who watches the Lions. If you watched the Lions you would know it's Corey Williams who is the key to their rush. He's the guy you double. Suh is the benefactor of Williams' pressure. Losing Avril really hurts them though. He provided pressure off the edge. The Pats should win this game but I look for it to be under seven.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well a couple things. The injury list is BB's way of flipping the bird to the nfl. He finds it a useless system and plays it as such. With Brady he most likely has minor injuries and not practicing on Wednesdays lets him rest that extra day longer. It's not as if Brady actually needs the additional practice.

As for him being on the questionable list well that goes back to BB hating the injury list again. If you notice ever Pats players with an injury is questionable. This is because of the short week he's allowed to put them all on that list so he did. Nothing more really. Wright most likely won't play, Taylor is again a game day decision, Page is the same, while the others will most likely play

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" I'll feel fine with Hoyer and a 14 point lead late in the 3rd" Probably most of us would. But I expect a bit more of a dogfight, closer game. Brady will play and don't be surprised to see him play the whole game. Taking him out in the third quarter won't really help him heal much anyway. Letting him skip the whole game would help him out but that's not happening, this W is almost as important as the Jets game just because of the way the home field battle is playing out. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Your post read like someone who In Response to Re: What kind of shape is TB in? : Your post reads like someone who watches ESPN and not someone who watches the Lions. If you watched the Lions you would know it's Corey Williams who is the key to their rush. He's the guy you double. Suh is the benefactor of Williams' pressure. Losing Avril really hurts them though. He provided pressure off the edge. The Pats should win this game but I look for it to be under seven.
    Posted by tartarus12

You are right, I have only seen the Lions once this year and the kid Suh looked good. Now if that is because of play along the whole line, the point is that this kid still gets to the QB.

Sections
Shortcuts