what makes a ban wagon?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

what makes a ban wagon?

yes i'm only sixteen if you can't tell from the 1994 in my name so yes i wasnt around for the 1-15 year or the other bad seasons. This kid (colts fan) tried saying he didnt know the colts were good when he started liking them so he is not a ban wagon but i am. I didnt starting liking them because they were good for all i knew they were horrible. I started liking them one year before the 16-0 run but didnt watch but in 07 i started watching every game that was on tv starting week one i had no clue how good they were going to be. So how am i a ban wagon just because you guys who liked them longer didnt have a good team but stuck through it and i was blessed enough to be born into the tom brady and bill belichick era. I will stick with this team til i die even if after bill and tom are gone we go 0-16 every year til i die i'll be with them. so how am i a ban wagon or what makes a ban wagon

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: what makes a ban wagon?

Easy, if you stick by the team through thick and thin, you're a true fan. 

I'm 20, got into sports in '03. Hated the Yanks so I started cheering for the Sawx. Liked cheering for Boston so I started cheering for the Pats. I had no idea they won the SB in '01. Loved cheering for Boston because I lived in NY and it felt like The Pats and I against the world. I've been on the wagon ever since. I've enjoyed 2 SB wins, 1 16-0 season, 1 loss to the Colts in the AFCCG, 1 heart breaking injury to the guy that made me love football (Tom), 1 embarrassing exit from the playoffs and an offseason where the Pats were written off as an 8-8 team and I believed that we would make it all the way as long as BB and TB were running the show. 

Basically, a true fan is there for the greats and the worsts that the franchise puts out. I've been lucky, I've came into sports around the time Boston sports flourished. I'll be here when they go back to 1-15. 

A wagon fan bails at the first sign of an iceberg. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I can remember my last game I ever attended at foxboro stadium(left Mass 20 years ago), it was against the L.A. Rams.  The Stadium was empty, but my buddy and I didn't care, we had great seats in the freezing cold on those old steel benches.  The Pats lost that game, but I was just happy too see the Pats live.  I remember everyone cheering when Grogan came in and made the game close.

While I can't blame the younger generation for not understanding what it was like when the Pats were bad, the older fans truly understand how special the Brady years are.  that being said, I would say anyone in their mid to late 30's, that starting rooting for the Pats since 2001, would certainly be called a bandwagon fan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VirginiaPats. Show VirginiaPats's posts

Any fan who cannot remember the Ron Meyer errror, is a bandwagon jumper , LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

being a relatively young fan myself (just turned 25) and living out of mass (moved to denver a few years back) i get really annoyed if anyone calls me a bandwagon fan.  noone i know personally would because i am the most enthusiastic pats fan i know (in person, no disrespect to anyone on this board).  i havent missed a game since 1994 (a streak that will come to an end this weekend as i have to work!!!), and i watched the games that didnt count after getting mathematically eliminated from the playoffs in all those pre-bb years.

truth be told, i am obsessed with football.  i watch football all day sundays, monday nights, and thursday nights when there is a game on.  i played for 9 years (5 years pop warner, 4 years in highschool).  my house is littered with pats jerseys, posters, and other memorabilia.  i am no band wagon fan when i comes to the pats.

redsox and celtics i watch when they are good (or bruins when they make the playoffs), but i dont claim to be a diehard fan of those teams, so im ok with that.

my question to you is would you turn the tv off if the pats are getting blown out?  would you skip watching a game to go snowboarding or something?  will you root for the team even after bb and tb are gone?  i know i will.  if you find yourself yelling and jumping up and down during the games, watching highlights a few times a week, and reading every article you can find (not to mention engaging in discussions with some real fans here), id say youre a true fan,.  otherwise, youre probably like me with the sox and celtics, watch them when they are good, never root against them, but not a diehard.

*EDIT*
    just to clarify about missing the game this weekend...

i will be going into full football blackout mode all day sunday.  when i get off work,  will fire up my favorite website (tenyardtracker.com) and download the game in 720p (or maybe 1080p if im lucky enough to have someone upload it) and watch it all commercial free while probably waking up my girlfriend from making too much noise as she will probably be trying to sleep

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: what makes a ban wagon?:
    [QUOTE]It's a "bandwagon" not a ban wagon. Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

LMAO

This is one, when everyone jumps on when the going gets good

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

[QUOTE]Easy, if you stick by the team through thick and thin, you're a true fan.  I'm 20, got into sports in '03. Hated the Yanks so I started cheering for the Sawx. Liked cheering for Boston so I started cheering for the Pats. I had no idea they won the SB in '01. Loved cheering for Boston because I lived in NY and it felt like The Pats and I against the world. I've been on the wagon ever since. I've enjoyed 2 SB wins, 1 16-0 season, 1 loss to the Colts in the AFCCG, 1 heart breaking injury to the guy that made me love football (Tom), 1 embarrassing exit from the playoffs and an offseason where the Pats were written off as an 8-8 team and I believed that we would make it all the way as long as BB and TB were running the show.  Basically, a true fan is there for the greats and the worsts that the franchise puts out. I've been lucky, I've came into sports around the time Boston sports flourished. I'll be here when they go back to 1-15.  A wagon fan bails at the first sign of an iceberg. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

high five bro..also live in NY(the Bronx to be exact) and I dont root for a single NY team..im a die hard Sox,Pats,Celtics,Bruins,Revs and cannons. Also if you are a true fan you stick to your team no matter what. So tell that Kid...shut it you horseS @SS!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]Any fan who cannot remember the Ron Meyer errror, is a bandwagon jumper , LOL
    Posted by VirginiaPats[/QUOTE]

Lou Saban and Mike Holovak.  The Giants were on TV in Boston but the Boston Patriots were not.  The Pats home field seemed to change for every game.

Then all these new fans started to be born G dam it.  :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I've watched since their inception. Watched games at Fenway. Listened to many games on the radio when they were not on TV.

Kid it does not matter when you started since you are so young at 16.
    Just stay true to the one you love.
    Don't quit when it is the worst because they will always reward you in the end.

Much like a woman.
    You find the right one stay true and it will be rewarded all through the ride and to the end.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]I've watched since their inception. Watched games at Fenway. Listened to many games on the radio when they were not on TV. Kid it does not matter when you started since you are so young at 16. Just stay true to the one you love. Don't quit when it is the worst because they will always reward you in the end. Much like a woman. You find the right one stay true and it will be rewarded all through the ride and to the end.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Hey Jim,

I went to a game at Fenway.  I think it was the Bills.  Lots of snowballs flying around.  No soccer style kickers then.  Men were men.

It's a lot better now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Just stick with the Pats whether they win or lose and you won't be a bandwagon fan.  Doesn't matter when you started liking them . . . all that matters is whether you stick with them once you start.  

Sections
Shortcuts