What other options

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

What other options

I enjoy reading and discussing pat"s football, but am tired of the BS bickering, name calling and derailment of almost every discussion on this board. Are there other options to read discuss and talk about the Pat's without all this BS?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: What other options

go follow the Red Sox

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

With me it's converse with the people you enjoy talking with.  The one's that bug me I use the ignor button.  The ignor button helps a lot.    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

With respect to the threads that get derailed I scroll through the 'derailer's' posts and look for the substantive football conversation.  With respect to those with their own agenda I posted this on a similar thread:

There are those whose apparent sole intent is to antagonize and create controversy in this forum.  Their posts are not worth the time to read nor the keystrokes to respond. 

Very much looking forward to the draft and the rest of the NFL year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

With respect to the threads that get derailed I scroll through the 'derailer's' posts and look for the substantive football conversation.  With respect to those with their own agenda I posted this on a similar thread:

There are those whose apparent sole intent is to antagonize and create controversy in this forum.  Their posts are not worth the time to read nor the keystrokes to respond. 

Very much looking forward to the draft and the rest of the NFL year.

+1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

My issues is not with differing opinions or viewpoints, it is one of the reasons this board is interesting. It is that after 10-15 posts, almost every topic turns into "he said, she said" you are an idiot and worst... then the topic is hijacked and real opinions stop coming, only a bunch of drivel and name calling.... 

then dispersed within the BS is a few more good opinions and discussions... makes it difficult to read and enjoy, expecially when the entire conversation is reproduced and the response is half the page long....

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

RidingWithTheKingIII OK so you just proved my point... I asked about other options to discuss Pats and you bring up a personal bet with another person that offered little and was being ignored in this discussion... again hijacking the discussion. Don't you have an agenda? Are you part of the problem i am referring to?

We just need to stop attacking the posters and discuss the issue....

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to APpats21's comment:

People have agendas.  It's literally 3 or 4 trolls and about 10 Irrationals. 

Look at Rkrap. He dances around still pretending he won our bet and keeps repeating he did, which is beyond arrogant.

The whole point of that bet was to put his premise to the test and expose it. I did, he lost, and he didn't live up to his side of the bet, arrogantly so.

It's people like that who ruin the board.   Agreed.

Youre part of the problem -___- as long as you keep fighting with other people then there will always be problems. You got good football knowledge but that gets overshadowed when you get in fights with all these people. Let it go bro.

I don't deny that I am engaged with the trolls or irrationals, but I don't think they should be allowed to dictate here like they do.

That's what the mods job is for here. To use good judgement. It's very clear what the source of this problem is, but they simply refuse to address it.

Well your way of dealing with it is obviously not working so why not try to ignore them? Honestly its worth a try and itll make things so much better. Dont engage them anymore.

True, but they still spam the board, though. I am not the only one doing the confronting either. The point, is if they banned the ones I list above, this wouldn't be happening at the rate it does.

It's so simple.

They're not the ones posting 200 times a day, dude. You can barely go a single post without typing Rkarp, Pezz, Mthurl, etc.

You're the common demoninator in just about every pi55ing match on this site. Quite frankly, I'm tired of it as many others are as well.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

If you absolutely feel the need to continue with these meaningless arguments, could you please at least chop the top of your post off so we don't have to read the same post 45 times?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Because I've given up on posting here for the most part. I just come here to read.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

Look at Rkrap. He dances around still pretending he won our bet and keeps repeating he did, which is beyond arrogant.

The whole point of that bet was to put his premise to the test and expose it. I did, he lost, and he didn't live up to his side of the bet, arrogantly so.

Youre part of the problem -___- as long as you keep fighting with other people then there will always be problems. You got good football knowledge but that gets overshadowed when you get in fights with all these people. Let it go bro.

I don't deny that I am engaged with the trolls or irrationals, but I don't think they should be allowed to dictate here like they do.

That's what the mods job is for here. To use good judgement. It's very clear what the source of this problem is, but they simply refuse to address it.

Well your way of dealing with it is obviously not working so why not try to ignore them? Honestly its worth a try and itll make things so much better. Dont engage them anymore.

True, but they still spam the board, though. I am not the only one doing the confronting either. The point, is if they banned the ones I list above, this wouldn't be happening at the rate it does.

It's so simple.

They're not the ones posting 200 times a day, dude. You can barely go a single post without typing Rkarp, Pezz, Mthurl, etc.

You're the common demoninator in just about every pi55ing match on this site. Quite frankly, I'm tired of it as many others are as well.

Agreed. Put the " Kings" on ignore or let's start a petition to ban him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

I enjoy reading and discussing pat"s football, but am tired of the BS bickering, name calling and derailment of almost every discussion on this board. Are there other options to read discuss and talk about the Pat's without all this BS?

THere have been a coupe of times when I invoked IGNORE. And it works pretty well. I am thinking about using IGNORE much more frequently... Like if any one person gets personal with others three times I might start using ignore on them for a month or so... If enough of us do that then the ones who too often resort to personal attacks will stop being responded to and maybe they will be "trained"!

I think I will go this route. Not IGNORING anyone immediately but by if I read three personal attacks on others (not on myself) from one person in the space of one or two threads then I will put them on IGNORE for a month. Assuming I remember to un ignore then they will have a second chance with me.. but I will do it again and maybe not remove it after....

If you do try it let's have a thread in a few weeks to see how everyone is fairing....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

My issues is not with differing opinions or viewpoints, it is one of the reasons this board is interesting. It is that after 10-15 posts, almost every topic turns into "he said, she said" you are an idiot and worst... then the topic is hijacked and real opinions stop coming, only a bunch of drivel and name calling.... 

then dispersed within the BS is a few more good opinions and discussions... makes it difficult to read and enjoy, expecially when the entire conversation is reproduced and the response is half the page long....

Agree!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

King... I hate to be the one to tell you but you are one of the people who keeps making personal comments and helps to derail a conversation. I AM NOT REFERRING TO YOUR OPINIONS ON FOOTBALL. We can agree or disagree. It is that FREQUENCY that you "get personal"... It doesn't matter who "starts it". It is carried over from thread to thread to thread....

All you need to do is make your point... and make your counter points... but you dont need to call someone names ... at least not as often as you do...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

The board is meant for discussions.  People like you don't even discuss, you just monitor the board, which is part of the problem. Either use the board for its purpose or don't post.

"200 time"?

See, it's just exaggerations like that which make you look dumb.

Actually what he said was not an exageration. I have little doubt that 200 posts of yours could be found that include personal attacks... And by the way... if someone didnt disagree with you then there would be little discussion, just lock step agreement. And wouldnt that be riviting conversation?

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

50 people here could all say that Rusty is the nucleus of the issue here, and he still wouldn't get it, and argue with you until the end of time that he isn't the problem. Almost comical to a point.

Too bad, I actually think he's pretty knowledgable about the Pats, but he has this need to be a total d!ck about how he responds. You'd think this bet between him and Rkarp was the most important thing in his life....pretty sad.

25. This post has been removed.