What part of the team are you most interested in seeing in Preseason?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

What part of the team are you most interested in seeing in Preseason?

1. How the D-line looks... Outside of Wilfork.... it is a mistery how the other parts of the line will perform and what the sub packages are going to look like.

2. kick return/ special teams- Last year seem like one of the worst groups the Pats have had in a long time.  Would love to see some drastic improvement.

3. Defensive backfield having time to gel before the season starts... lets hope do bad luck injuries.

Areas that don't worry me as much

I think TE may not be as dynamic but TB will make it work... along with the WRs.

O-Line just needs to stay healthy. 

I think RB should take a big step foward.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: What part of the team are you most interested in seeing in Preseason?

Honestly, I'm looking forward to seeing how the totally revamped receivers/TEs do.  I think this year Brady will shine without any named players at all, finally putting to rest the theory that he's not as good as (whomever).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Good thread.

I am excited to see how BB uses Adrian Wilson. I will say, would not be shocked to have BB bury how will he really use him during the year, so wouldn't be surprised if what they do is very vanilla.

3-4?   Probably more of it this year.  Armstead and Kelly.  Have no idea what to expect from Armstead.  He's gotten rave reviews so far, so trying to temper expectations there.

The lead RB competition. Zolak has repeatedly stated they like Bolden a lot, so I am wondering how he much they'll push Ridley there.

Arrington and how BB uses him with Dennard competing on the outside. Dowling and Cunningham's last shot to stick should also be interesting.  The jump potential for Justin Francis or even Bequette.

Finally, the WRs. It's clearly the big story of camp and preseason. 

I want Dennard on the outside if we go by how they looked at thier best last year but who knows...

I still think RB is Ridley's to lose.

Adrain Wilson should be interesting... I look at him as more of a small fast LB.  Hopefully he still has the speed enough to go with all that experance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Honestly, I'm looking forward to seeing how the totally revamped receivers/TEs do.  I think this year Brady will shine without any named players at all, finally putting to rest the theory that he's not as good as (whomever).

I agree that is why it is not in my worried area... I would love to see a another rookie come in and smash it the way our TE did but that is just wishfull thinking.

Oh and I should add the morbid curiousity of what Tebow will show and how they use him.  May be the one and only time we see him in a Pats uniform.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

So, now you're agreeing with my premise that getting the names off the jerseys and dropping the Brady Binky Club vibe he's given off in recent years, is a good thing?

That wasn't your attitude hours ago. Interesting.

Brady will be as good as he was from Week 5-Week 17 in 2010 or pre 2007. Just watch it happen.

I agree with nothing you have ever said or thought.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The receivers and Tom, I know Amendola is going to emerge as the number 1, but Boyce and Dobson's development will be fun to watch.

Can Ballard hold his own until Gronk returns and can Sudfeld show enough to earn  starting spot. If not, is there anyone on the roster who can?

Hopefully,  Dowling stays healthy and we get a healthy competition to develop between Dennard and him.

Someone develops himself into a bonafide pass coverage LB

Ol' McCourty had an INT....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I want to see how the backup QBs, new WRs, and TEs perform. Could Mallet take over if Brady goes down? Is it worth it to trade him? Is Tebow worth anything? Can Amendola replace Welker? Are Dobson and Boyce promising? So many questions on offense.

I'm not going to believe that the defense can play well, even if they do in the preseason, until the season starts. Except for Ebner... I'm really excited to see if he grew as a safety at all.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I want to see how the RB's are coming along. Need a stout backfield to help out the young WR's and new TE's, both of which should also be interesting to watch. I also need to see some type of improvement in our secondary or I feel we will be just as bad as previous years.

i could care less about Tebow. I am not to worried about the D or O line. I think kickoff/punt returns should improve and come together nicely, it has to for how bad it has been getting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

For me, there are two areas in particular that I want to see:

1)  How the D comes together - I know preseason is no real gage; still like to see what it looks like though.

2) The revamped receiver corps - the complete makeover I think will produce good things in the long run but it will be interesting to see how it evolves.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Obviously we all are eager to see how the rookie WR's indoctrinate themselves into the offense and if the D can become a top 10 D with the new flexibility and versatility in the front 7 and the continued better play of the secondary.

that being said I am looking forward to some indivisual battles. I am interested to see if cannon can win the RG spot. 

On D I am interested to see how they plan to use A. Wilson in the secondary and if T. Wilson can make the jump to starting saefety.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I'm still waiting for the Mallett deal to happen.....I know.....

However, if Tebow shows he can hold the fort if Brady goes down I still think Mallett is heading somewhere.

Now of course no one can step in and replace Brady, the days of having a Young waiting in the wings behind Montana are long over, but can Tebow come in and be competent....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I'm still waiting for the Mallett deal to happen.....I know.....

However, if Tebow shows he can hold the fort if Brady goes down I still think Mallett is heading somewhere.

Now of course no one can step in and replace Brady, the days of having a Young waiting in the wings behind Montana are long over, but can Tebow come in and be competent....

Who knows?  It's prolly a better time for that kind of a trade to happen in his final year and since they have added Tebow.  I'm thinking that mebbe they'll see how Tebow performs first during training camp before making that decision?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

I am interested in seeing the entire team... and Preseason start.... I am tired of all the Pats/Hernandez stories and no football. This thread is a good beginning on this.

I can't wait to see what happens with the receivers and offense in general and can the defense finally get teams off the field at critical points of the game.

But more importantly, I am interested in seeing the discussions change and discuss football items, like competition, play calling, execution (not murder) and players.

I want the games to begin....

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

big story has to be the WR's...and what type of offense the Pats will play. will this group of WR's foce BB to play a different offense than we have seen the past few years? Gronk is Gronk...a great TE and I firmly believe he could be ready game 1. But lets not undersell what a healthy AH also meant to this teams offense. He was a match up nightmare, and was always a major part of the game plan when he was on the field...TB was very comfortable with him.

I keep reading we may see AWilson at LB...answers the Pats 3rd down LB coverage issue I would hope

Anxious to see Armsteads size...is he 300 lbs or 275 lbs?

I saw Cunningham the other day...he is still sculpted. I cannot comment on PED's but he looks huge and in tremendous shape. I think he makes the team and will contribute. I thought he played well last year pre suspension

I also saw Vega at a restaurant in Mansfield. Polite, humble...I would like to see him on the field...

Mallett needs to play this preseason...I think he will look great.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I would also like to add the play of Cannon. I thought last preseason he played poorly, but appears that he made nice strides thru the year.

I think the AH cap issue next year plays into the dynamic of Wendell (is he re signed), Connolly (is he cut), Cannon (is he ready) and McDonald. If Cannon is a stud, it may make the decison of Connolly/Wendell easier.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

DL - anxious to see Kelly paired next to Big Vince.  I'm also intrigued by the prospects of Armstead.  Will his CFL success translate to NFL success?  Was his success there tied to playing weaker linemen?  I think he has a solid season

Adrian Wilson - I think he will be the best/most underrated signing of the offseason.  He brings that Rodney Harrison type nastiness/veteran presence to the D and he's so versatile.  Anxious to see how BB employs the vet

Receivers - obviously.  

Sudfeld at TE

Return game with Washington

Collins - will he be a sub rusher on passing downs or will he have more responsibility and play more LB?

Cunningham and Bequette - This is Cunningham's last chance to prove himself.  Bequette's second year so the expectations are somewhat high.

Dowling - can he stay healthy?  If so, I think he starts

Those are off the top of my head.  I can't wait until TC starts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I'm interested in the same thing as every pre-season, seeing how all the new players look and perform on the field. I'm also curious to see how Dane Fletcher looks after being gone for a yr and if Ras I can stay healthy. I'm not worried about the receiver group, who's ever in there Brady will make them look good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

1. How the D Line looks. Do we see more 3-4 fronts? How often do we see 4-3? Who plays next to Wilfork? Does Chandler play the elephant role and is he still an effective pass rusher? This still comes down to where the pass rush comes from and do the rookies Buchanan and Collins contribute.

2. Which rookie WRs contribute due the loss of production with Welker, Hernandez gone and Gronk lost for the first 4 weeks of the season? There has already been a thread discussing whether Dobson or Boyce will see more balls. All of which leads to.....

3. Do the Pats go more with their proven running game and how do the carries get distributed between Blount, Ridley, Bolden, and Vereen? The Pats could still use Vereen as a wide-out where he was very effective.

4. What does the defensive backfield look like and how do the Pats use Adrian Wilson?  Dennard in the slot; Arrington split wide, McCourty at FS? Does Logan Ryan contribute to the nickel and dime?

Alot of this will come down to who looks great in practice and who looks good in pre-season games. As always there will positional camp battles where potential contributers will emerge.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm interested in the same things everyone else is (receivers, D overall), but I'll add LB to the list too.  Really interested to see what BB does with that group and whether we get more in the passing game (both pass rush and coverage) from them.  Also interested to see whether we're more 3-4 or 4-3 and how the LBs and DLs interrelate.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

I can't ever remember when I've looked more forward to the competitions for playing time than this year. Hopefully our secondary, pass rushers, new tight ends and receivers really push each other this year.
    M H K

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4028111. Show user_4028111's posts

Cheerleaders   preseason is a waste of time

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Awesome thread! It is so refreshing to get in here and talk football for a change. Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to seeing which of our young weapons emerge. I think we have a lot of talent at the offensive skill positions, and it will be great to see how guys like Dobson, Boyce, and Sudfeld emerge. Even guys like Thompkins, Ford, and Harrison have a chance to surprise. Should be fun.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It's funny because we will learn nothing.  BB will show nothing and if he could he would probably not even play a starter.  But since I live out of town I will pay my $19.99 to the NFL so I can view the preseason streams.  I have my cable that runs from my computer to the big screen and a set of speakers o plug into the computer.  God I love this game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Preseason is going to be very important for our offense. The new wr's and te's need this time with Brady to get in synch. Yes, a lot can be accomplished in camp, but playing against competition and In a game type situation is where battle tested and the trust begins. 

for once, I am not worried about our defense assuming it remains healthy. I think bb has done enough in FA and the draft, plus, the year 2 jump for Hightower and jones will be worth watching. I think this unit has the,potential to put the team on their backs. 

the biggest storyline is Brady and the new wr's and te's. considering how complex our offense is, the timing and reads involved, Brady has to force synchronization and insure he gets on the same page with more wr's than just amendola And Edelman. The one storyline for me is who will emerge at WR other than amendola? Will it be Dobson, Boyce, jones, etc? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to user_4028111's comment:

Cheerleaders   preseason is a waste of time

Solid first post.  Concise and rich.