What player will be the biggest surprise this year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Re: What player will be the biggest surprise this year?

I'll go with the 4th reciever from Philly, Greg Lewis, with opposing D's focused on Moss, Welker and Galloway i look for Brady to find the open man as he has always done, one of Brady's strengths is beating you with the guy you overlook.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradyslady12. Show bradyslady12's posts

3 players not 1.........

1. Julian Edelman
    2. Shawn Crable
    3. Leigh Bodden

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

By the first of December, Bodden's side of the field will be a no throw zone for opposing QBs. He will be dominant from the first snap and the defence will rise accordingly. Go Pats......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]1) Julian Edelman. I think he'll quickly become a fan favorite. He's a total "under the radar" player and, will make the plays if called upon. I really think so. 2) Kevin O'Connell (and I'm hoping we don't have to see him full time for obvious reasons) He's got to get more snaps and BB must be planning on giving Brady some rest so we'll see him.  Hey, I could be totally wrong but, these guys have those skills that just aren't tangible. I love the idea of Edelman being utilized correctly. Might be just the ticket to give Rex Ryan fits preparing for the Patriots. Ooo, I hope so. I can't WAIT for this season!
    Posted by mrbungle[/QUOTE]
    Enjoyed reading all of the posts. I hope that every player mentioned has the year expected by the bloggers. IMO I think many of the players mentioned will excell and some are at the point in their career that they must or they'll be replaced.
     IMO J Edleman stands  a great opportunity to make the team not only as a slot receiver but the wildcat will be utilized early to make teams prepare for it which reduces their preparation time of other prospects of the Pats qame plan. He'll be a great special teams player but a third QB. Apparently he was very accurate in his limited snaps as well as catching everything thrown in his direction. I'm high on the team as a whole. Some veterans will not make the team as I have stated in previous posts. What say you??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

Woods will be the biggest surprise. He'll be a solid starting OLB, play a large number of snaps and put up some respectable numbers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Guyton as a 2nd year player has the tools to be a force next to Mayo. As for the rookies I think we could see Butler make an impact in the return game and see some time in the nickel and dime. I have to admit I would love to see Chung kncking opposing receivers out by mid-season for obvious reasons (no Rodney).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]1) Julian Edelman. I think he'll quickly become a fan favorite. He's a total "under the radar" player and, will make the plays if called upon. I really think so. 2) Kevin O'Connell (and I'm hoping we don't have to see him full time for obvious reasons) He's got to get more snaps and BB must be planning on giving Brady some rest so we'll see him.  Hey, I could be totally wrong but, these guys have those skills that just aren't tangible. I love the idea of Edelman being utilized correctly. Might be just the ticket to give Rex Ryan fits preparing for the Patriots. Ooo, I hope so. I can't WAIT for this season!
    Posted by mrbungle[/QUOTE]

I think that it will be Darius Butler when givin the chance to step up. However, next year or even possibly later this year, it will be Brandon Tate. This kid is an awesome playmaker. When healthy, this kid will do some amazing things. he will end up being a steal for us in the third round.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]3 players not 1......... 1. Julian Edelman 2. Shawn Crable 3. Leigh Bodden
    Posted by bradyslady12[/QUOTE]

Good call Bradyslady with Shawn Crable. Forgot about him. He is going to be a beast! I was really impressed with him in the few minutes that he played last preseason. I believe he had an interception and a sack.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNottingham. Show PatsNottingham's posts

1) Leigh Bodden: Big, hungry, talented, can't wait to be perform on this winning team, same type of game plan as was in cleveland, wants to establish himself as #1 corner for contract here or somewhere else
    2) Joey Galloway: wants superbowl, still one of the fastest players, won't be double teamed with Moss and Welker on field; smart player, experienced, could extend his career a couple more years being on this team;
    3) Darius Butler: Could end upcoming year as best rookie cornerback from draft, tenacious, eager learner, tough, smart, could make an impact like Daryl Revis did for jets a couple years ago, due ;
    3) Tight end Group: no longer an offensive weakness like last year, lots of depth with some good talent that has different abilities to keep defenses on edge as to how to play them; Chris Baker will be a step up over out last few years in that position, he is ecstatic to with this markee team and finally an MVP quarterback; Alex Smith has dual ability as a blocker and catcher with athletism, has untapped ability, and is finally playing with a real QB let along a MVP QB; Ben Watson is playing for contract (for another team) and has speed to change up the offense; Dave Thomas has a lot to prove regardless of his alleged ability; some rookies and free agents that may emerge but will at least add depth;
    4) Secondary as group; Best depth of Belicheck years, good mix of youth and experience, Partick Chung is my pick to become a quick emerging and impact starter alongside Meriweather by mid season
    5) Offensive Line as group: young draftees should push experienced starters with one or more emerging a la Logan Mankins, who is playing for a contract
    6) Defensive Line as group: Seymour, Wilfork, Green playing for contracts, Ron Brace will add great depth to the middle and if playing alongside wilfork will make it very difficult to run against similar to the Vikings D Line.  Wiht those two in the middle, Seymour and Warren could be freed up to rush from the outside that will make up for the lack of depth and experience at outside linebacker

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedcoat. Show TheRedcoat's posts

OK I'm going to stick my head way above the parapit....Maroney!

There I said it. I know he has a lot to prove, but he will have a lot of experience around him and with no injuries and a decent passing attack, could be devastating. I think BB has Taylor and Morris lined up to do the hard yards, like we also had Jordan last year, but my guess is that Maroney will still line up as the No 1 featured back.

I'm betting on 1200 yards and ten TD's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Just to be really contrary, Ron Brace.

Butler, Chung and Vollmer are first year rookies, and while there is some history of people stepping into either the offensive line or the defensive back 8 and succeeding, it doesn't happen much.  Exception:  rookie of the year Mayo, first round pick #10 and worth it.  Also, first round guard Logan Mankins started.

The defensive line is different.  Get your pads low and push.  You don't even have to tackle the running back, just get one yard upfield against a double team and call it a victory.  No dancing in the endzone, no sack dances, no glory, just little victories.

Brace is a human avalanche.  Nobody said that about Vince Wilfork.  When BB goes 4-3 against the New York Jets offense (good running game but the QB wears a diaper), Brace will be right there taking away the NYJ offensive strength.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Could see Brace spelling for Vince. With Bodden, Springs and Wilhite there is a log jam at CB which is why I still maintain that one of Chung or Butler could play in the Nickel or Dime. Can't wait for the pre-season ? I don't see Bodden (a vet with prior good seasons) as surprise so much as fulflling expectations (not being Deltha O Neal). Could we see Butler in the return game ? Tate on PUP for most of the year ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

ALL CHOICES IF CORRECT MEANS THE REST OF THE LEAGUE HAD BETTER STEP UP AND TAKE NOTICE.  SINCE THE PATS ARE SHOE INS FOR THE AFC WHAT ABOUT THE NFC? IMO I THINK PHILLY WILL BE IN THE CHASE ALONG WITH THE YES, GIANTS. lIKE MOST OF YOU I'M ANXIOUS ABOUT THE START OF THE SEASON. BTW I LIKE FRED TAYLORS CHANCES PROVIDED HE STAYS HEALTHY.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDoItchBig. Show DrDoItchBig's posts

gotta go with Crable, he's got the speed and apparently gained some more muscle. I think he'll be an excellent pass rusher this year if he can stay healthy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

wheatley, i think this guy will stay healthy and will be a real playmaker. I know it was only for part of a game, but he looked real active in the colts game. If those wrists can just hold up!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradyslady12. Show bradyslady12's posts

daruis butler also!!!!!!