What position does BB evaluate best?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

What position does BB evaluate best?

When it comes to trades, no other GM in the league does it better.  Sure we traded a few picks for busts like TE Alex Smith and DE Derrick Burgess, but we also traded a 4th for Moss and 2nd for Welker, and that 1st for Seymour next year should be a top 10 pick.  We also have 2 extra picks in the second round this year, but most of our 2nd round picks in recent years have been horrendous. 

So which position is BB best at evaluating? 

QB- Brady (7th round), Cassell (7th)
    WR- Givens (7th), Branch (2nd), Moss (4th), Welker (2nd), Eldelman (7th)

Which is he the worst at evaluating?

RB- Maroney (1st), Hairston (6th), Mills (4th), Cobbs (4th), Womack (7th)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: What position does BB evaluate best?

I'm not sure I can generalize by position, but BB (or the Pats' scounting team) seems to do well at finding value in the mid to late rounds but does worse at evaluating high round talent.  The Pat's have found some surprisingly good players late in the draft, but have struck out far too often on their early-round picks. They seem inconsistent in free agency, with some big wins (Harrison, Vrabel, Moss) and a few busts (Thomas, Burgess, Galloway).  They also seem inconsistent in deciding which of their own free agents to re-sign.  I guess if I were to evaluate the Pats' talent acquisition strategy, I'd say they are great at creating depth by finding good value (in the later rounds of the draft and with older free agents), but they aren't so good (at least recently) at finding young impact players in key positions. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hmrstrm. Show hmrstrm's posts

I would have to say after seeing the players he has drafted in the last 4 or 5 years, the correct answer would be NONE...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

NONE? I'd say he has been spot on at the QB position. Brady, Cassell. Hoyer also looks to be the real deal in his limited appearances.
    I would agree that he seems to be a better judge of lesser rated players than other teams, but not great at the upper level talent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

How about BB and Kraft evaluate the coaching staff first, then the players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

The coaching staff is hurting.  What are you gonna do if other teams pillage out OC and DC year after year.  There's just no consistancy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

What about that QB we wasted a 3rd round pick on? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

defensive line - Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Jarvis Green, Mike Wright, Myron Pryor
    also found ways to acquire and/or incorporate Ted Washington and Keith Traylor, among others

offensive line - Stephen Neal, Logan Mankins, Dan Koppen, Sebastian Vollmer

QB - Brady, Cassel, Hoyer

Sections
Shortcuts