What position unaddressed would leave you most dispirited

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

What position unaddressed would leave you most dispirited

I would have to go with receiver. I keep on thinking what could have been if the patriots were willing to play gaffney 2.5 million instead of paying joey galloway 1.75 million

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

Re: What position unaddressed would leave you most dispirited

OLB, DE? yeah! definitely.

I was in shock for weeks when Seymour was dealt away right before the season started. I knew then the super bowl was mortgaged away.
    It would take a guy like Ndamukong Suh to fill the shoes of Richard Seymour.
    I would love to see Belichick trade up somehow or trade away a certain
    superstar
    for that high draft pick that can get Ndamukong Suh.
    Rams are taking Bradford, but would they change their mind
    if they had a chance to get a certain superstar?
    Suh would make the front seven better right away, especially with
    Belichick's guidance. no doubt about it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

In Response to What position unaddressed would leave you most dispirited:
    Gaffney dropped that TD pass in the colts game that ended his days in a patriot uniform. it had to be a grouop effort the reason why the Galloway experiment didn't work.  Coaching staff, players, etc. what were they doing in practice?
    You can't blame one man, it's the unit itself, it's a machine that has to work together. Whoever was calling the plays had to be an idiot,
     "If it was Belichick, hey sorry dude",....

I would have to go with receiver. I keep on thinking what could have been if the patriots were willing to play gaffney 2.5 million instead of paying joey galloway 1.75 million
    Posted by sirpinochle

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

DE....has to be addressed with a pass rusher like Graham, Sapp or Dunlap. I think Odrick would easily replace Seymour, at least the man we had 2-3 years ago.  He's a solid DL although not a consistant enough pass rusher.

The big thing Gaffney did was give a viable option other than W/M. They need someone who can even be a little better now, and that could be Benn if he's available in the 2nd round....Gaffney was pretty darned good, including making some very tough catches like the one in the 2006 AFCC game at the base of the endzone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

We have to draft Richard Seymours replacement in the first round.
     It has to be  someone who can colapse the pocket and stop the run.

If we don't do that then we might as well trade Wilfork and switch to a 4-3.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Linebacker.... I would like a RB and 1 of everything on defense but linebacker is probably the most pressing issue closely followed by safety if Merriweather hasn't gotten any better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

There is no doubt that everyone of us will be sorely dissappointed if the Patriots don't draft one of the OLB/DE's. this will be the overwhelming choice amongst the masses. Though I would say that WR,RB and TE will garner support from some of the readers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

People keep on screaming about OLB , we never had a Ware or Merriman type superstar playing that position. Plus there isnt a projected OLB worth a first rd. pick IMHO. I like Graham , but he was terrible when he actually played OLB in college. Also there isnt much of a difference , if ant , between a Graham and Hughes , why not grab him in the second. Two things that Ive been saying all year is that we have to find a solid DE and ILB, all the pass rush in the world wont help you if you dont fill that need. LOL but again theres no-one worth taking in the first. Id trade up and grab a stud or trade down ...AGAIN!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Pass rush/DE/OLB and right side of offensive line (c,RG,RT). Both are equally important for different reasons.  Need improvement in OLine - w/ pass protection, opening holes for running game, and controlling clock/line of scrimmage, keep defense off the field.  Need improvement in Pass Rush - get defense off the field, give offense more opportunities to score.

But it's still early....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

If the Pats walked away from this year's draft without an OLB or a DE that would be amazing. 

OLB is such a thin position.  They just plain need talent there.  There's not too many OLB types that fit the Pats prototypical OLB in this year's draft.

WR is a close third but I think there's plenty of opportunities to get a quality player in any round of the draft.  Remember Edelman anyone?  BB seems to find these kind of guys in most drafts.  

DE is a need but I think there's depth there and BB could easily find a quality one in the first two rounds.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I would have to say OLB.  We have no good up and coming OLBs at all to develop.  We have that on the DL and WR.  We dont know how good they will be, but there are bodies there with potential.  At OLB we have nothing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In order:
    OLB - weakside (1st Kindle, Graham 2nd Hughes Sapp)
    DE - Need to replace RS, a pass rushing run stopping DE (tyson alualu or lamarr houston in the 2nd, Odrick in the 1st)
    WR - Future #1 at least a #2 (1st Demyrius Thomas (who I like them to pick), 2nd too many similar skill guys)
    RT - Need to replace Voll when he moves to LT (2nd Saffold, 6th Will Baker)
    RB - Don't like any of the RBs except for Faulk (toby gerhart, tate)
    CB - Get a play maker CB who can return punts ( Robinson in the 2nd)
    TE - Pass catching TE, probably needs to be higher on my list ( a lot of them this year)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

when ever i see highlight film of graham he reminds me of freeney

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

OLB.  I don't want to waste a pick on a running back this year. I want to pick one with Oaklands pick next year. A top 5 pick should yield a good one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I have a... 1a, 1b, and 1c for needs. The biggest need is a DE but just microfractions after that is RB and WR in that order.  I guess I would be most upset if they didn't fix the DE position with a stud because while we have guys that can play the position no one comes close to what we need there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I know a lot of you would say OLB and have, but my thought there is as important as that position is I think a top DE that can shut down the run and get after the passer reduces the need to a star OLB at least for now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

What position would you adress most and leave you most spirited? lets turn it into a positive.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

I think the Pats need to address the pass rush, either at DE or OLB or both.  WR needs an upgrade for sure.

To me, the two biggest issues from last year were that our young secondary was exposed by an anemic pass rush.  I just don't believe those guys are as bad as it seems.  Guys like Wilhite (and any other CB for that matter) were always in position but had to cover for 1-2 seconds longer than they should be expected to.  No CB can consistently cover a pro WR for more than 4-5 seconds. 

On the other side of the ball, it was clear that after teams took Moss out out of the game that Welker was about the only consistent option at WR.  Edelman will be better, but Welker is gone for a long time.  This team needs to get someone (through the draft or RFA) opposite Moss that commands respect.  And someone will need to help Edelman in the slot, and a guy like Josh reed would be a good fit. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

The offensive needs a high energy reliable player that Brady can get the ball to and feel secure about.  The Defense needs a guy that can get to the QB and stuff the run reliably.  As long as they can come away with 2-3 players that can address those needs I'll feel good.  They have 4 shots to hit on those positions of needs so let's see what happens. 

Sections
Shortcuts