What RB's do the Pats keep?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

What RB's do the Pats keep?

I've read some hate towards Maroney recently.  I'm sure a lot of that comes from his early injury last year.  It seems he is running very carefully in the pre-season. I DO NOT BLAME HIM ONE BIT!!  His job is secure, and he wants to play more than 3 games this season.  It has been obvious that he is running straight into the back of his blockers, DURING THE PRESEASON!! 

My analysis of our RB's...

1) Marony and Faulk will split starts this year. 
    2)Morris stays, so long as he is healthy... any injury at all and he's gone. 
    3)Green-Ellis will have to prove something to remain a Patriot.  He has impressed so far in camp.  He'll catch on with a team like Buffalo if he's cut (Pats 1st opponent, and Marshawn Lynch is serving a suspension).  The Patriots can't really afford to let him go, unless they want to draft RB next year.
    4)Fred Taylor may be able to push out Morris, because Morris' red zone ability seems to be diminishing.

If I had any say-so  I would just keep Maroney, Faulk, and Taylor.  Creating extra roster spots for extra TE/H-Backs to put in the backfield and go Rhino.  this could be a possibility with the wealth of TE's at camp.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: What RB's do the Pats keep?

Keeping just 3 backs might be a good idea if we want to make room for 4 TEs, the usual 9-10 OLine and 7-8 DLine.  I would prefer to use the roster spots on other positions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmartins16. Show bmartins16's posts

I hate to sound like a broken record, but BJGE has really showed what he can do.  He played consistent last year, when called upon.  Again, in the preseason, he has been consistent and he hits the hole hard(That's what she said).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

They will keep:
    Faulk
    Morris
    Maroney
    Taylor
    Lawfirm

they may only keep 3 TE's and ship either Watson or Thomas to Denver or release Smith.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

how the hell can you simply write off BJGE?  You can't ignore his production both this preseason and when called upon in the regular season last year.  as far as i'm concerned he is a lock to make this team.  ive got Laurence Maroney, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Fred Taylor, and the perfect recieving 3rd down back Kevin Faulk.  With Faulk and Taylor being as old as they are, getting rid of young talented Green-Ellis would be dumb.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

In Response to Re: What RB's do the Pats keep?:
    [QUOTE]how the hell can you simply write off BJGE?  You can't ignore his production both this preseason and when called upon in the regular season last year.  as far as i'm concerned he is a lock to make this team.  ive got Laurence Maroney, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Fred Taylor, and the perfect recieving 3rd down back Kevin Faulk.  With Faulk and Taylor being as old as they are, getting rid of young talented Green-Ellis would be dumb.
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

OK, OK...  you like Green-Ellis...  who do you think they'll keep?  My guess is that if Green-Ellis stays on board, then Taylor will likely beat out Morris.  Do you agree?... or is this the end of the line for Maroney?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What RB's do the Pats keep? : OK, OK...  you like Green-Ellis...  who do you think they'll keep?  My guess is that if Green-Ellis stays on board, then Taylor will likely beat out Morris.  Do you agree?... or is this the end of the line for Maroney?
    Posted by jmmyslinski[/QUOTE]Maroney is the bubble man. He has started two games averaged 1.3 yds per carry and 1 reception for 14 yds.. BJGE has twice carried the ball for17 yds each. I believe the comentators stated that his average was 4.4 per carry. Why do you think they brought in #35 Chris Taylor who has had less opportunity than has LM and more production not much but more? I can't see the Pats carring 5 RBs into the season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What RB's do the Pats keep? : Maroney is the bubble man. He has started two games averaged 1.3 yds per carry and 1 reception for 14 yds.. BJGE has twice carried the ball for17 yds each. I believe the comentators stated that his average was 4.4 per carry. Why do you think they brought in #35 Chris Taylor who has had less opportunity than has LM and more production not much but more? I can't see the Pats carring 5 RBs into the season.
    Posted by sonieboy[/QUOTE]
     LM has more production than chris taylor, not to mention a half a yard better average per carry. Maroney averages 4.3 yards a carry, and Chris Talor averages 3.8, there is a reason he didnt play football last year, and it wasnt an injury like maroney.
    Now dont get me wrong I think Maroney does need to step it up, but I would rather keep him than Chris Taylor.
    And a question to anyone, am i wrong or did the pats carry 5 RB into the season last year--Maroney, Morris, Faulk, Jordan, Evans, so i dont think they will change that number, i would take evans and jordan spot with fred and Lawfirm

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

RBs that will make the cut: 

Fred Taylor will start.
    Morris second string.
    BJE third
    Faulk for 3rd down convos. 

TEs:

Watson
    Baker
    Thomas 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Maroney suks, It's time to cut him off. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What RB's do the Pats keep? : OK, OK...  you like Green-Ellis...  who do you think they'll keep?  My guess is that if Green-Ellis stays on board, then Taylor will likely beat out Morris.  Do you agree?... or is this the end of the line for Maroney?
    Posted by jmmyslinski[/QUOTE]

i agree with taylor beating out morris if Green-Ellis were to make the roster. maroney is young and has too much to prove for this to be the end of the line for him.  i think morris shined enough last season for us to possibly deal him for a late round draft pick(s).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

they're not cutting any of the running backs

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I don't see it as a competition between the players really.  I think they would like to keep all five and they know what each brings to the team but it boils down to who else they'll need.  The bubble guy is obviously Law Firm but even he would be a difficult cut - runs hard and has a lot of upside.  Faulk is golden, no way they cut Taylor or even Morris.  Maroney is an enigma but as far as I'm concerned if he's lining up with the first string then he's their number one back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

Chris taylor will get cut

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Chris Taylor.

I feel like after the devastation to the RB crew last season they are likely to carry a surplus. They carried five last season and used them all.

Same roster as last year, except they moved Jordan out and brought in Fred Taylor.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from superfxb. Show superfxb's posts

In Response to What RB's do the Pats keep?:
    [QUOTE]I've read some hate towards Maroney recently.  I'm sure a lot of that comes from his early injury last year.  It seems he is running very carefully in the pre-season. I DO NOT BLAME HIM ONE BIT!!  His job is secure, and he wants to play more than 3 games this season.  It has been obvious that he is running straight into the back of his blockers, DURING THE PRESEASON!!  My analysis of our RB's... 1) Marony and Faulk will split starts this year.  2)Morris stays, so long as he is healthy... any injury at all and he's gone.  3)Green-Ellis will have to prove something to remain a Patriot.  He has impressed so far in camp.  He'll catch on with a team like Buffalo if he's cut (Pats 1st opponent, and Marshawn Lynch is serving a suspension).  The Patriots can't really afford to let him go, unless they want to draft RB next year. 4)Fred Taylor may be able to push out Morris, because Morris' red zone ability seems to be diminishing. If I had any say-so  I would just keep Maroney, Faulk, and Taylor.  Creating extra roster spots for extra TE/H-Backs to put in the backfield and go Rhino.  this could be a possibility with the wealth of TE's at camp.
    Posted by jmmyslinski[/QUOTE]
    Morris isnt going anywhere. He has been productive as long as he can stay away from injurys

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

[QUOTE]RBs that will make the cut:  Fred Taylor will start. Morris second string. BJE third Faulk for 3rd down convos.  TEs: Watson Baker Thomas 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]
    I agree that barring injuries this is exactly what will happen!
      RBs that will make the cut: 

Fred Taylor will start.
    Morris second string.
    BJE third
    Faulk for 3rd down convos. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

I read that they have really been focusing on the passing game and route running for Maroney this training camp.  I dont remember him ever dropping passes and hes excellent in the open field.  Maybe they see him as the replacement for Faulk as the 3rd down back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from reg122. Show reg122's posts

In Response to What RB's do the Pats keep?:
    [QUOTE]I've read some hate towards Maroney recently.  I'm sure a lot of that comes from his early injury last year.  It seems he is running very carefully in the pre-season. I DO NOT BLAME HIM ONE BIT!!  His job is secure, and he wants to play more than 3 games this season.  It has been obvious that he is running straight into the back of his blockers, DURING THE PRESEASON!!  My analysis of our RB's... 1) Marony and Faulk will split starts this year.  2)Morris stays, so long as he is healthy... any injury at all and he's gone.  3)Green-Ellis will have to prove something to remain a Patriot.  He has impressed so far in camp.  He'll catch on with a team like Buffalo if he's cut (Pats 1st opponent, and Marshawn Lynch is serving a suspension).  The Patriots can't really afford to let him go, unless they want to draft RB next year. 4)Fred Taylor may be able to push out Morris, because Morris' red zone ability seems to be diminishing. If I had any say-so  I would just keep Maroney, Faulk, and Taylor.  Creating extra roster spots for extra TE/H-Backs to put in the backfield and go Rhino.  this could be a possibility with the wealth of TE's at camp.
    Posted by jmmyslinski[/QUOTE]ideally, maroney is a goner but i think bel will keep him around more for his kick off skills. but again, i c so many others on this team who could do atleast as good of a job. i love all the other guys. seems like morris may start year on PUP so that may buy some time. the new guy chris something, seems like a longshot but he seems like one bel has coveted for a while. i've seen enough of tender roney!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Chris Taylor will be the only RB cut

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostOfLombardi. Show GhostOfLombardi's posts

I love how it's okay for Sammy Morris to be injured, but if it's Maroney, he s*cks. 

You have zero sense of perspective if you think that Maroney is on the bubble. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What RB's do the Pats keep? :  LM has more production than chris taylor, not to mention a half a yard better average per carry. Maroney averages 4.3 yards a carry, and Chris Talor averages 3.8, there is a reason he didnt play football last year, and it wasnt an injury like maroney. Now dont get me wrong I think Maroney does need to step it up, but I would rather keep him than Chris Taylor. And a question to anyone, am i wrong or did the pats carry 5 RB into the season last year--Maroney, Morris, Faulk, Jordan, Evans, so i dont think they will change that number, i would take evans and jordan spot with fred and Lawfirm
    Posted by thejoshuatree28[/QUOTE]

Evans was a Full Back.  And we had BJGE on the team last year...I believe he started on the practice squad.

This year we have no FB.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]I read that they have really been focusing on the passing game and route running for Maroney this training camp.  I dont remember him ever dropping passes and hes excellent in the open field.  Maybe they see him as the replacement for Faulk as the 3rd down back.
    Posted by joe81b[/QUOTE]

Just does not look like he jukes and jives like Faulk to me. Maybe but I would have to think about that - just does not look like a natural fit to me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Maroney will be on the team this year. Everyone wants him gone because he is injured. So is Sammy Morris he hasnt played a full year in NE. Remember Faulks first few years? Everyone wanted him gone for fumbling, not running string between the tackles etc. Im not saying Maroney will turn out to be anything like Faulk. Give the guy a chance to play a season healthy then judge from there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

agreed.... maroney wont go because A) he is cheap, B) he is healthy, C) he is productive when healthy D) isnt asked to go win games for them due to the amazing passing attack