What should the pats do at wide receiver?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

What should the pats do at wide receiver?

obviously many on here arent happy with what the pats have done at the wide receiver position this offseason. i dont think they are done acquiring players at that position, and i think the position will be solid come training camp.....so what do you think they should do? re-sign lloyd? sign sanders? draft a receiver? trade for a receiver?, thoughts....?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: What should the pats do at wide receiver?

I think a tall young athletic in draft early rounds.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

I think a tall young athletic in draft early rounds.

agreed. 6'4 or 6'5 about 230 and fast

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Sign Michael Jenkins!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Sign Michael Jenkins!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I thought the Pats had great scouts--how about this novel adea a college receiver that has some size and SPEED to stretch the field and doesn't catch like Bethel Johnson?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Sorry meant IDEA-my bad should have proof reaD.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

If I were them, I'd:

• Draft one WR with a higher pick
    • Bring in a few other rookies as undrafted free agents or late round picks
    • Bring in some experienced, low-cost veterans

Goal would be to end up with 8 to 10 guys in camp and get down to 5 or 6 by the start of the season. 

I might re-sign Edelman, but as much for punt returns as a back-up receiver.  I'm not totally sold on Lloyd . . . but if they can't find anything equal or better, then I'd bring him back assuming the reported locker room issues weren't a big deal. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

First of all I would say we never got the fax from Jenkins people so he isn't on the team. 

Then I would checkout Heyward-Bey, bring Lloyd back, possibly Edelman.

Or plan B... Still use the never got the fax excuse with Jenkins.  See if I could package some of these receivers into a trade, with the exception of Amendola.  Tell the Browns, okay we will trade Mallet for some high draft picks but you gotta take these receivers with him.  Then use those draft picks to as trade bait and get 2 solid receivers.  One deep threat and one all around WR.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

well FA doesn't have much left honestly. Lloyd might be the best option (which is sad). But they need a starting caliber DURABLE WR. Can't rely on those types being cut after the draft so it might come down to Lloyd or get Sanders and cross your fingers Sanders can take the next step.

Next continue to bring in camp bodies. I'd grab Nelson and Ramses if we can get them for min deals. It doesn't look like most teams have interest in them but having both compete with Jenkins and let the best have the red zone threat spot.

After that target a WR in the draft. Rogers or Bailey would be perfect fits for this team

Unfortunately the best chances to help the core went early in FA and we have the second choice and the two WR's their own teams didn't want and appearently no one else wanted either, given there contracts.

One other thing to think about is moving Hern outside as a full time WR to sure things up  bit. However, if they don't add some durable quality then this WR core is going to cause a bunch of headaches and Branches number will be on speed dial

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

If I were them, I'd:

• Draft one WR with a higher pick
    • Bring in a few other rookies as undrafted free agents or late round picks
    • Bring in some experienced, low-cost veterans

Goal would be to end up with 8 to 10 guys in camp and get down to 5 or 6 by the start of the season. 

I might re-sign Edelman, but as much for punt returns as a back-up receiver.  I'm not totally sold on Lloyd . . . but if they can't find anything equal or better, then I'd bring him back assuming the reported locker room issues weren't a big deal. 

This makes sense to me. 

When and who they draft at WR will depend on what the do in FA. If they make no other moves at WR before the draft, I would expect them to draft early. 

I still think bb will trade down with his first because there is a ton of talent in value in round 2. Good year to have to 2nd rounders and possibly 2 thirD's or a fourth.

i want them to do this...

bring in David Nelson 

sign Edelman 

draft stedman bailey or Darrick Rodgers in round 2.

then bring into camp so late round or udfa wr's and a few vets for competition. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

I have to agree..if you're going to sign roadkill like Jenkins off the waiver wire, why not sign Nelson, as long as his injury issue has been cleared up, and that should be easy to find out with a physical...also Edleman hopefully has made a full recovery from his foot injury and will be resigned....the lack of interest in him on the market leads me to believe that, if healthy, he'll be back...Foot injuries can be tricky, however....just remember Bill Walton...

walton was also 7 feet tall

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Resign Edelman, draft Da'Rick Rogers and bring back Moss. 

Moss still runs a sub-4.40, long, still has good hands, still 6'4, he put up 400 yards, even though he was the 3rd WR until Manningham went down, on a run first team. Last year, Lloyd didn't run routes that were different to what Randy Moss ran in San Francisco and Moss was insync with Tom Brady. 

Moss also understands who he is now, he's not the dynamic WR who can demand the ball or take over the game and he's not infactuated with only running the go route any more. For the right price, Moss would be the guy I bring in. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am starting to think Edelman will be resigned. Sanders will be passed on. Pats dont have the $$$.

Gaffney, Branch and Stallworth will be in camp

Pats will use a 2nd or 3rd on a WR

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

My take:

Avoid Moss, consider both Edeleman and Lloyd, if Sanders deal doesn't come through, work the draft board to get the guy BB wants, probably 2nd round (hopefully with some size).  Agree bringing in lots of camp bodies from late rounds/rookie FAs will help.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

My take:

Avoid Moss, consider both Edeleman and Lloyd, if Sanders deal doesn't come through, work the draft board to get the guy BB wants, probably 2nd round (hopefully with some size).  Agree bringing in lots of camp bodies from late rounds/rookie FAs will help.

Avoid Moss because? -_-...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

My take:

because he can't play anymore? and yes avoid him

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wilforkfitinham. Show Wilforkfitinham's posts

Can't believe people seriously think Moss is a bad idea with the No Names we have at WR right now. They need to make a move before there are no moves left to be made outside taking a gamble on a draft pick.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Wilforkfitinham's comment:

Can't believe people seriously think Moss is a bad idea with the No Names we have at WR right now. They need to make a move before there are no moves left to be made outside taking a gamble on a draft pick.

Moss shot his way out of Vikings twice, Pats, Oak, Tenn, and now the 49ers for locker room issues complaining about recs and playing time all while his abilities are in decline (have been since the second half of 10') and you think bringing him in where he will be used in a more limited way is a good idea?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to the question: What should the pats do at wide receiver?

I believe they should get someone who can run down the field and catch a pass. If they can run fast I think they will catch more passes. If they run fast maybe they wont get hit. So I think the guy they use should run fast. At least faster than the bigger guys because if he is not faster than them he might get hurt by them. So I think that would be better.

Also, if the person they put on the field can tell the QB where he is going to go but say it softly then they can maybe fool the other team. Or if the QB can tell the person where to run but not say it so loud then they could still fool the other team.

I think the Jets do things like this. This way. I think they get guys who are fast. And I think when they play against a team with a player who is fast they get in a line and try to hurt him. But they dont do it on every play.

Maybe the pats should try to get a person who also can hold things tight so if he catches the ball he wont drop it.

I hope they get a guy like that...

I hope you will tell me what you think of my idea. And whether the pats will do this. And also if they have stopped the jets from cheating and breaking the law.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

if Pats are looking for a stretch the field, vet who most likely at age 31 would sign a reasonable contract, Devery Henderson is still available. He ran a 4.36, played in 16 games 5 of the last 6 seasons, and has a career Y/R of 18 yards.

He wont come in at Jenkins money, but maybe he comes in at Lloyd money and he is that 4th or 5th option that can really get down field.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

My take:

I simply don't feel the risk/reward balance is in the Pats favor.  He was fine here until he wasn't.  He was productive here until he wasn't.  He was happy here until he wasn't.  Not sure he burned his bridge on the way out of town but I don't think he left it completely intact.

Sections
Shortcuts