WHAT SONGS AND THEMES THE EAGLES WONT B USING THIS YEAR THANKS TO THEIR MICHAEL VICK SITUATION?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reg122. Show reg122's posts

Re: WHAT SONGS AND THEMES THE EAGLES WONT B USING THIS YEAR THANKS TO THEIR MICHAEL VICK SITUATION?

In Response to Re: WHAT SONGS AND THEMES THE EAGLES WONT B USING THIS YEAR THANKS TO THEIR MICHAEL VICK SITUATION?:
    [QUOTE]HEY genius, who made it a crime in the first place? most abuse committed on animals by whites like the insane rodeo or running with the bulls nonsense simply isnt criminalized. You are obviously not up on the actual facts of the case. Vick went to jail for running an illegal gambling ring and interstate commerce NOT for the atrocious act he committed on the dogs! As far as I know these things are illegal whether you are black or white, rich or poor! Beside that, you are also choosing to ignore the fact that, regardless of what "culture" he was "born into", the man had a college education! It's not like he was some rube who had never been out of the woods. This excuse is as lame as thinking that what color you were born and how much money your family has makes any difference between right and wrong. There are still cannibals on some islands in the Pacific. If one were to move to the US and eat one of your children, would you have sympathy on him because of his birth situation? In any case, ignorance of the law is no excuse. He was born American, he needs to observe the laws of America! mr. bub, u have a point. i stand corrected. although u were misstaken about it being against his parole, the legal aspect or conditions of his reinstatement, it does show very poor judgment and a total lack of common sense on his part for vick to be out there publicly drinking any alcohol or just being around it.. period! It stated in the article that one of his conditions of parole was prohibition from drug and alcohol use. I don't have the document here, so I took the article for face value. Whether that is "fair" or not is not the issue. If it is truly a condition he broke his parole. assumg vick did have a glass of grey goose vodka and pineapple juice. is this not america? was he convicted and excessively punished and jailed over alcohol issues or dog-related ones? He was convicted for his operation of a gambling ring. But parole means letting you out early. As far as I know they can attach whatever restrictions they like on it. If he was upset about not being able to drink he could have turned down the parole and finished his sentence! goodell has no right whatsoever putting in a ny clause restrictg vick's intake of said product. nor does any terms of his probation be allowed to contain such prohibitions. Goodell is the commissioner. If, as he claims, it is a priveledge instead of a right to be in the league, I think Roger can put whatever restrictions he feels warranted on any player. As far as parole or probation, many people have alcohol and/or drug restrictions attached to it. That is up to the parole board or the judge issuing the probation. So your above statement is completely wrong.
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]bottom line is that mr. grub has done a great job in explaing the merit of this case. with all things considered, mr. vick got exactly what he had coming to him. it was as fair a legal process as most, all things being equal and considered. however, now that it is in the court of public opinion, i will respect those who literally want the guy lynched and punished for life, but will respectfully disagree and hope mr. vick gets the compassion and empathy he could not give to those innocent dogs he bankrolled into torture and inhumanity. with love often comes love. there's been enough hate and the man has served his time and lost a lot as it is. again, i hope it works out for him and he is one of the redemptive success stories of life both on and off the field. whether he was blak or white, rich or poor, christian or muslim, this would b my approach!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Re: WHAT SONGS AND THEMES THE EAGLES WONT B USING THIS YEAR THANKS TO THEIR MICHAEL VICK SITUATION?

It's a good thing they aren't the Philadelphia Beagles! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from reg122. Show reg122's posts

In Response to Re: WHAT SONGS AND THEMES THE EAGLES WONT B USING THIS YEAR THANKS TO THEIR MICHAEL VICK SITUATION?:
    [QUOTE]It's a good thing they aren't the Philadelphia Beagles! 
    Posted by deluxbury[/QUOTE]yep, someone should hold up a sign that reads "keep your eagle away from my beagle!"