What State are the People That Post Here Living ??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: What State are the People That Post Here Living ??

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Born in Back Bay, grew up in West Roxbury, joined the Navy to see (or sea) the world (and did) and washed ashore in Connecticut. 

[/QUOTE]

You weren't in the subs were ya?

[/QUOTE]

A mere 25 years but who's counting?

[/QUOTE]

Were you some kind of chief?

[/QUOTE]

Outlived my usefulness at a number of pay grades by doing it the hard way along the way. 

[/QUOTE]

I've worked with a number of ex submariner chiefs. Anal and extremely navy clannish, (but likable guys nonetheless). You may know them, or even be one of them. How anybody can spend months at a time underwater and be normal is a mystery....     oh, wait....

[/QUOTE]

What is this 'normal' of which you speak? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was raised on the MA/CT state line,moved around quite a bit and finally settled here in Southern Vermont.

[/QUOTE]
    Really? I grew up in Suffield, CT. My parents house was down the road from Six Flags/Riverside. I am in the great city of New Haven now.

[/QUOTE]

Ha! We used to ride our bikes from Westfield over to Riversideand jump the fence at the rear of the park

[/QUOTE]

Originally, the Springfield settlement was aligned with the Hartford settlement as the Connecticut colony (based on the river area), but Pynchon had a legal battle with the Hartford guy (which he lost) and changed alignment with the Boston Bay colony.

Other than that, WMass would probably be part of CT (which is is much more culturally akin anyway.).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Born and raised in Dover/Rochester N.H. 

Joined the military and went to NC, Alaska, MD, NC, Texas, and now serving in Italy. 

[/QUOTE] Thanks for your service Bono Fortuno!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Born in Back Bay, grew up in West Roxbury, joined the Navy to see (or sea) the world (and did) and washed ashore in Connecticut. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Were you some kind of chief?

[/QUOTE]

Outlived my usefulness at a number of pay grades by doing it the hard way along the way. 

[/QUOTE]

I've worked with a number of ex submariner chiefs. Anal and extremely navy clannish, (but likable guys nonetheless). You may know them, or even be one of them. How anybody can spend months at a time underwater and be normal is a mystery....     oh, wait....

[/QUOTE]

What is this 'normal' of which you speak? 

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to SportsGenius1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I was raised on the MA/CT state line,moved around quite a bit and finally settled here in Southern Vermont.

[/QUOTE]Where in Southern VT? I lived in Brattleboro for 20 + years!

[/QUOTE]

The teeming metropolis of Brattleboro. 

[/QUOTE] how long have you lived there? I love the Latchis theatre, Putney inn, Sam's , Not the loops they made. Used to love the old courthouse but the new one looks almost as hideous as that new building down the street from Sportsman's lounge.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Born in St Thomas Ontario, lived in Tofino, BC, then Salem and Plymouth NH, before living in a bunch of towns in the NH seacoast area. Now in Chapel Hill,Nc after twenty years in Greensboro, NC.  We have almost enough emigres in NC to  start a slow, slow pitch softball . There is a Red Sox Meetup fan group here in the triangle areawith like 1500 members, that get together for games in clubs or go to Red Sox minor league team games when they come to Durham, or Winston Salem.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Born and raised in the bustling city of Melrose, made a stop in Columbus Ohio here i met my wife and now live in Missouri just west of STL. The locals are pretty hostile toward me whe it comes to sports (go figure)! BTW sageboy where are you in this great state of misery, I mean Missouri? hehe!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

By the way, Dublin, NH is a beautiful little town. Came through there years ago a lot, and one day drove by the cemetery, near the lake, and there was a military funeral going on  with a light snow falling. Like a scene from a movie. In my long ago beer drinking days, friends of mine from Keene would go over to the bars in Brattleboro for fun on Saturday nights, because they felt Keene was boring. I used to wonder if Brat people felt the same, and were all headed in the other direction.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

In response to NESportnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Born and raised in the bustling city of Melrose, made a stop in Columbus Ohio here i met my wife and now live in Missouri just west of STL. The locals are pretty hostile toward me whe it comes to sports (go figure)! BTW sageboy where are you in this great state of misery, I mean Missouri? hehe!

[/QUOTE] I've been through most of Missouri and the fans of both football teams are adament in their loyalties, but Kansas City lives and dies with the Chiefs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seastixholdersince1971. Show Seastixholdersince1971's posts

Upstate new york season ticket holder since 71. Always dogged by yorkers after Pats games. In Chattanooga Tenn now and still a season ticket holder. Go Pats!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Fort Jackson =s true misery

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Born in St Thomas Ontario, lived in Tofino, BC, then Salem and Plymouth NH, before living in a bunch of towns in the NH seacoast area. Now in Chapel Hill,Nc after twenty years in Greensboro, NC.  We have almost enough emigres in NC to  start a slow, slow pitch softball . There is a Red Sox Meetup fan group here in the triangle areawith like 1500 members, that get together for games in clubs or go to Red Sox minor league team games when they come to Durham, or Winston Salem.

[/QUOTE]

Downtown Winston Salem on a Sunday afternoon in the summer...you have to LOVE christian radio broadcasts man...I spent a decade in Winston -Salem one week!!!...Hot and humid...never had been in a place that keeps getting hotter after the sun goes down...till about 10 PM...NASTY!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ATJ, my son is active Navy, ET Radio on subs.  To date, served 2 yr on a boomer (Tennessee) then 3-1/2 on an attack sub (Key West ) out of Pearl Harbor. Currently is doing his "land" duty being the shore to sub communications.  He is bored and can't wait to go back out again.  This time, he want Atlantic Fleet and do some Europe and Mediteranean aways.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Anyone grow up in the New Bedford, Fall river, Cape area?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not grow up, but lived in Bourne, in the shadow of the Bourne Bridge.  Daughter born in Falmouth.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Yes Mel, another suicide city, Columbia SC on a Sunday

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'm a Mainiac. Grew up just up river from Fort Knox.

http://www.michelestapleton.com/Penobscot_Bridge_Observatory/source/image/penobscot_narrows_413.jpg

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

North Central Mass.

[/QUOTE]

Howdy Neighbor!

[/QUOTE]

Same to you too!

[/QUOTE]

You live along the Rte 2 belt too?

[/QUOTE]

Yup just off Rte 2 in Gardnerhey!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Inebriation.

[/QUOTE]

Squalor ANnnnd Inebriation...and Northern Connecticut and Winters Discontent at the very farthest end of March.  Thus: Some squalor & some inebriation & some discontent.   Spring Spring Spring Spring Spring Spring Spring Spring Spring annnd Spring.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes Mel, another suicide city, Columbia SC on a Sunday

[/QUOTE]

The only real problem was I saw some of the most beautiful countryside I've ever seen....I just wish I had been able to spend enough time there to allow my thick yankee blood to thin a bit to survive the heat and humidity a little better than I did...

Been to many places in this wondeful country...each part was totally different and absolutely great...once you get to know folks in THEIR homes and get to understand them and why they think the way they do, you understand that we really are the same as Americans and how great this country really is....I tell my son, who is in a couple of bands, to take this opportunity now, while he's young, to travel this country and learn as much as he can about the places and people....until then, I told him he really won't appreciate it's true richness and greatness.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

North Central Mass.

[/QUOTE]

Howdy Neighbor!

[/QUOTE]

Same to you too!

[/QUOTE]

You live along the Rte 2 belt too?

[/QUOTE]

Yup just off Rte 2 in Gardnerhey!

[/QUOTE]

Nice, I'm over in the Dirty Burg!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lived in Fall River for 7 years...the Highlands....when you could still buy home made Chourico, really hot and really good...Hartley's pork pies, freash Portuguese bread on Sunday's after church, Marcucci's subs.....the food there was aces.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Rhode Island though over the years via contract work I've lived in 28 States.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Correct, sir. Cheifs are hardcore, Rams fans lean fairweather, The loss of the football Cardinals took a toll here...In response to SportsGenius1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NESportnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] I've been through most of Missouri and the fans of both football teams are adament in their loyalties, but Kansas City lives and dies with the Chiefs.

[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Boin Springfield Mass. My Dad was Army so we moved all over but all the main family stayed in Mass. He retired and we returned back to Springeld where I finished highschool in 80 and joined the Army myself. I now live in Tucson AZ where I still fly Apache helicopters as a contractor with a joint unit of Army Guard and Singapore Airforce.

Sections
Shortcuts