What State are the People That Post Here Living ??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTPat. Show MTPat's posts

Re: What State are the People That Post Here Living ??

Don't post here much...lurk mostly...but I'm born and raised in Montana.  Got on Boston sports teams because of my Grandpa's love of the Celtics.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to MTPat's comment:

Don't post here much...lurk mostly...but I'm born and raised in Montana.  Got on Boston sports teams because of my Grandpa's love of the Celtics.

Of course you don't post much . . . Montana is way too beautiful to enjoy indoors!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

In response to glenr's comment:

Grew up in Somerville, currently living in Syracuse NY. I'm in NYC this week working. Can't wait to get the hell out of here. This place is full of Leons.

Arguably the worst place in the country.

I have to admit, I have a certain fondness for NYC.  I did my time working there for a few years (on 6th and 50th, right across from Radio City Music Hall) and would not want to move there now, but it is still one of the world's great cities, with fabulous museums and so much great stuff to do. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Merrimack Valley born and bred here, down to NC for college, over to Chicago and now back to the best springs and falls anywhere in the country.  Beaches to my right, mountains to my left.

Is this the new Rusty?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In response to Im the REAL KING's comment:

I was born listening to Country, then moved to Elvis and Rock, Graduated to Led Zeppelin, moved on to the Eagles and Van Halen.. Moved up to Heart and Pat Benatar, got blind sided by Brittany Spears GaGa and Miley, but have since move back to Led Zeppelin. Wink

This is what I was saying...about the Universal Male/Female Balance inner within each of Us (and Society & the World, by and large).  The proverbial "boobie-scratch", we got when fallin' off our high chairs after hearing that hard-core rock block of exceptionally overwrought musical talent found in these 3.  The Right avenue of approach would have been to take 2 nice sippin' shots of triple distilled moonshine, lit up an Opus Ex Cigar, and to throw your radio through your plate glass window...Reanimating your Sacred Manhood, back to 1 of the balancing forefront positions. 

The other day I heard Adele, and I jammed an awl in my ear.  It's all about being prepared, thus: I keep an awl near my radio in case I hear Adele & use the 2:1 Rap-Rock method of CD collecting...then I sit in my seat with a pair of high end head phones and a machete wedged against the inside seat cushion...for some reason.  Either way, I know it's "manly"...and it can save your soul when the commercials come on with blonde bombshells dressed in research suits tryin' ta front such &  such a pill as the head scientific breakthrough lab analyst...or when monosyllalibic Shannon Dougherty wants you to go to "Her online school TOO!," and be a shannon dougherty doctor, a shannon dougherty air force pilot, a shannon doughert professor, or a shannon dougherty lawyer.

Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, and top actress Shannon Dougherty...

Please Media Moguls...just try to create a solid, creative, avant garde woman as a mainstream Female American Pop Culture Icon.  Barbie Dolls with a hitch just ain't inspirin' me...

Gimme someone wild-Grace Slick, young Diana Ross, Courtney Love, Lil Kim...  Mad skillz and enough flare ta spit in your face just to go against the grain...or for any reason (but not because they feel super-specially-musically-entitled based on the record room execs a large psycophant entourage and a bunch of preteens in a fanclub).

Women need that^   And Men need ^ too...or else 1 day we'll find ourselves all in the middle of a phony Britney Spears & purposely hyperbolic Gaga concert...

Uncomfortable, but sorta proud of our completeness...Miserable, but doin' our darndest not to lie to ourselves...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:

North Central Mass.

Howdy Neighbor!

Same to you too!

You live along the Rte 2 belt too?

Yup just off Rte 2 in Gardnerhey!

So I'm assuming you know the PA Country club? Saw the Allman Bros there in '86

Yup, I saw Dr Hook and Grand Funk Railroad there!

"Sylvia's mother says Sylvias busy..."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:

North Central Mass.

Howdy Neighbor!

Same to you too!

You live along the Rte 2 belt too?

Yup just off Rte 2 in Gardnerhey!

So I'm assuming you know the PA Country club? Saw the Allman Bros there in '86

LOL!

The PA Beach Club!  Priceless. A lake, a walk through the woods through a neighborhood, a cabin out of Friday the 13th and baseball diamond...But, wait!  There is a really great band on stage!  lmao

Easily the oddest place I've ever seen a show.

Just described it to a T dude

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-Fan-In-Oz. Show Pats-Fan-In-Oz's posts

In response to fishers5's comment:

Am curious how many are not Massachsetts residents.  This will help me understand why and who are the most argumentative .

Got out of Mass and have ended up in North Carolina 

In Australia now, but I was born in Boston, raised in Wrentham (next to Foxboro). Over the years I got to meet Mosi Tatupu, John Hannah, Steffan Starring and Steve Nelson. Moved around Mass a bunch of times, North Shore/South Shore and the Cape, spent a year in Texas one month (long story), moved to Sydney, Australia ten years ago, love it here. Still watch every Pats game and lurk, mostly, on this forum more than is probably healthy. :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I lived in the Boston area for close to 40 years.  Spent the last 8 moving around the country and currently reside in Santa Monica, CA. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Im the REAL KING. Show Im the REAL KING's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:

In response to Im the REAL KING's comment:

I was born listening to Country, then moved to Elvis and Rock, Graduated to Led Zeppelin, moved on to the Eagles and Van Halen.. Moved up to Heart and Pat Benatar, got blind sided by Brittany Spears GaGa and Miley, but have since move back to Led Zeppelin. Wink

This is what I was saying...about the Universal Male/Female Balance inner within each of Us (and Society & the World, by and large).  The proverbial "boobie-scratch", we got when fallin' off our high chairs after hearing that hard-core rock block of exceptionally overwrought musical talent found in these 3.  The Right avenue of approach would have been to take 2 nice sippin' shots of triple distilled moonshine, lit up an Opus Ex Cigar, and to throw your radio through your plate glass window...Reanimating your Sacred Manhood, back to 1 of the balancing forefront positions. 

The other day I heard Adele, and I jammed an awl in my ear.  It's all about being prepared, thus: I keep an awl near my radio in case I hear Adele & use the 2:1 Rap-Rock method of CD collecting...then I sit in my seat with a pair of high end head phones and a machete wedged against the inside seat cushion...for some reason.  Either way, I know it's "manly"...and it can save your soul when the commercials come on with blonde bombshells dressed in research suits tryin' ta front such &  such a pill as the head scientific breakthrough lab analyst...or when monosyllalibic Shannon Dougherty wants you to go to "Her online school TOO!," and be a shannon dougherty doctor, a shannon dougherty air force pilot, a shannon doughert professor, or a shannon dougherty lawyer.

Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, and top actress Shannon Dougherty...

Please Media Moguls...just try to create a solid, creative, avant garde woman as a mainstream Female American Pop Culture Icon.  Barbie Dolls with a hitch just ain't inspirin' me...

Gimme someone wild-Grace Slick, young Diana Ross, Courtney Love, Lil Kim...  Mad skillz and enough flare ta spit in your face just to go against the grain...or for any reason (but not because they feel super-specially-musically-entitled based on the record room execs a large psycophant entourage and a bunch of preteens in a fanclub).

Women need that^   And Men need ^ too...or else 1 day we'll find ourselves all in the middle of a phony Britney Spears & purposely hyperbolic Gaga concert...

Uncomfortable, but sorta proud of our completeness...Miserable, but doin' our darndest not to lie to ourselves...

Laz,

Great response as always, and I like the "Gimme someone wild-Grace Slick, young Diana Ross, Courtney Love, Lil Kim... "....I forgot to mention a slice of Janice Joplin for the ladys side, with a twist of Roberta Flack... Roberta's way of adding such soul had a way to just rip at your strings.

Also a side order of Elvis singing his Delta Blues...reaching out to the true roots of pain and music. Speaking of pain, (I hate to mention this) but, Just saw some photo shots of Britney S. my Gawd shes looking skankish.

Shanon D, I havent heard anything about that wench for quite some time, since Lindsay Slowhands has taken over the embellished sleaze markets. Tally Hoes!!!

But, each region of the country has its roots in music, I'm curious to which of the people posting here, not only where they are from, but What music drives them and which has scared them?

Great to see you Laz!!! Cool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

grew up in rhode island. , now sf, ca

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

Born in Back Bay, grew up in West Roxbury, joined the Navy to see (or sea) the world (and did) and washed ashore in Connecticut. 

You weren't in the subs were ya?

A mere 25 years but who's counting?

ATJ, my son is active Navy, ET Radio on subs.  To date, served 2 yr on a boomer (Tennessee) then 3-1/2 on an attack sub (Key West ) out of Pearl Harbor. Currently is doing his "land" duty being the shore to sub communications.  He is bored and can't wait to go back out again.  This time, he want Atlantic Fleet and do some Europe and Mediteranean aways.

agcsbill, I certainly do understand his boredom.  Boomer duty, though, can be rather routine (and all of us sure want it to be, if you know what I mean).  The attack boats are another story altogether.  They do some really interesting stuff.  Med deployments in particular  (at least they were back in the day) can be particularly interesting.

Please convey my best to your son, my brother.  I salute him and am deeply appreciative for his service.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

Funny you ask, I just finished my drive across the country to Denver

MA, Scotland, MA, ME, MA, MS, WA, MA, CO, PA, RI, MA, and now back in CO!

I think I've seen a lot for an under 30 ha

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

Born in Brookline moved to Middleboro in 1970,(6th grade UGH!), moved to Prescott AZ then to Boise ID where I currently live.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

Anyone grow up in the New Bedford, Fall river, Cape area?

Midleboro in the Wonderful 70s!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Merrimack Valley born and bred here, down to NC for college, over to Chicago and now back to the best springs and falls anywhere in the country.  Beaches to my right, mountains to my left.

Is this the new Rusty?

YEP

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

Is this the new Rusty?

YEP

He got banned yet again?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

Grew up in Somerville, currently living in Syracuse NY. I'm in NYC this week working. Can't wait to get the hell out of here. This place is full of Leons.

Arguably the worst place in the country.

I have to admit, I have a certain fondness for NYC.  I did my time working there for a few years (on 6th and 50th, right across from Radio City Music Hall) and would not want to move there now, but it is still one of the world's great cities, with fabulous museums and so much great stuff to do. 

DCs museums (most are free) are superior to NY's.   I'd put Chicago's up with NYs, too.

I actually prefer the Art Institute to the Met in many ways, but the American Museum of Natural History is the best in the world, I think.  Field Museum and Smithsonian are both quite good, by AMNH is the best. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

Grew up in Ohio, came to Massachusetts for college and law school.  Lived away for 8 years and then came back to Cambridge.  Now I live and work in the western 'burbs

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

IN, FL, AL, SC, VA. Currently IN.

Sections
Shortcuts