What Super Bowls Have You Been To?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

What Super Bowls Have You Been To?

My only SB has been XLII--I didn't pick the best one to go to.  But I don't regret it--it was still an amazing event, and I'm glad I was part of my team's history, even if it didn't work out the way I wanted.

What about the rest of you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: What Super Bowls Have You Been To?

Been on a lot of road trips to games but no SuperBowls. Actually had tickets in 85 when the Bears pounded us and had to give them to my brother because I spent all my money going to the last Pats game in Miami that year. At this point I think I'd have to get a free ride completely to go but I'm sure it's a memorable event.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

OMG no one else has gone to a SB???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Why are you so surprised? The Superbowl is way too expensive. Most of the people you see there are celebs and coporate bigwigs. People give out tix to clients as a perk. The real fans are in the nosebleed section.

I can sit at home with friends and a big screen HD TV. Or I can pay thousands of dollars and travel thousands of miles to watch the game with a pair of binoculars.

It's just not worth it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

I agree 100% with dafoe.  The superbowl isn't for a regular fans...  I wish I had money to throw away like that, but for the money it would cost I'd rather take a vacation to a tropical island somewhere! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

I was also at Super Bowl XLII. The Best feeling in the world before the game, and the worst Afterwards. When Assante dropped that Pick, I had a bad feeling.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Went to the 2001 game vs. Rams in NOLA.  Was a season ticket holder at the time and got chosen in the lottery.  One of the best days of my life!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

Been to all 44 of them ....in my mind. God bless anyone who was able to go!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Pats - Rams SB in New Orleans.  Only one I have been too and if I never go to another one, that is OK with me.  I never thought I'd go to one but that weekend and game was something special!  Great time and was part of Patriot history when they won their FIRST SB Title!  Amazing!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

Saw the Pats in Jacksonville 'gainst the Iggles..

Great time but the stadium ran out food, so we stole a bag of hotdog buns from a food vender on the street after the game (when everything closed) walking back to da cah. kinda miffed there were Philly Cheese steak vendors everywhere but NOT ONE Lobster Roll Cart.

Best part other than the WIN  was we buddied up with a couple guys who bought the WHOLE try of Beer off of a vendor and, so we hung with them all night..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

In Response to Re: What Super Bowls Have You Been To?:
    I agree 100% with dafoe.  The superbowl isn't for a regular fans...  I wish I had money to throw away like that, but for the money it would cost I'd rather take a vacation to a tropical island somewhere! 
    Posted by Payment84

1) I totally understand that not everyone can afford to go a SB, but that doesn't mean a regular fan can't go.  You just have to be prepared to scalp a ticket minutes before kick-off and sit in nosebleed seats :)

2) You'd rather go to a tropical island than watch the Patriots play in a SB????

Oh, for shame.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In 1986, My Father worked with some guy, who was best friends with some other guy, And that second guy had Superbowl 20 tickets (that's 2 XX's for those who prefer the Roman Numeral method)...And man, You wouldn't even believe what happened next:  The first guy with the actual SB tickets, PHOTO-copied his Pats Superbowl tickets for HIS friend, one of my father's co-workers...  And THAT second guy (and you won't even blieve this part!), THAT second guy, Photo-copied the first photo-copy of those SB XX tickets, and gave one of the photocopied photocopy, To MY very own father...  An' then check this out:  My father brought home that photocopied photocopy, For US, his family, to see with our own 2 eyes.  I, yours trully, actually held the real-life SB photocopied photocopy, In my own 2 hands...  Pshh, I might as well have been a starting member of that Superbowl Pats Team myself, tasting and living with, such massively historic glory.  Now, I know that some of you will undoubtedly say that such unprecidented glory trully defies your entire system of belief, but this actually happened...  Probably the greatest day of my life in all.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

In 1986, My Father worked with some guy, who was best friends with some other guy, And that second guy had Superbowl 20 tickets (that's 2 XX's for those who prefer the Roman Numeral method)...And man, You wouldn't even believe what happened next:  The first guy with the actual SB tickets, PHOTO-copied his Pats Superbowl tickets for HIS friend, one of my father's co-workers...  And THAT second guy (and you won't even blieve this part!), THAT second guy, Photo-copied the first photo-copy of those SB XX tickets, and gave one of the photocopied photocopy, To MY very own father...  An' then check this out:  My father brought home that photocopied photocopy, For US, his family, to see with our own 2 eyes.  I, yours trully, actually held the real-life SB photocopied photocopy, In my own 2 hands...  Pshh, I might as well have been a starting member of that Superbowl Pats Team myself, tasting and living with, such massively historic glory.  Now, I know that some of you will undoubtedly say that such unprecidented glory trully defies your entire system of belief, but this actually happened...  Probably the greatest day of my life in all.  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Nice. I usually get it when you use this kinda humor than that other "dry" kind. Do you have that photocopy framed? It is a shame that the first guy didn't get two photocopies of the original.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2052183&id=23004902&l=e347913d93

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Nice. I usually get it when you use this kinda humor than that other "dry" kind. Do you have that photocopy framed? It is a shame that the first guy didn't get two photocopies of the original."

Post game, I got whacked out on whisky and rye, And now for some odd reason, the only memory of NE's SB loss, comes in the form of a photocopy of a picture frame...I've since dried up though.

~...that was awful. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Sections
Shortcuts