What team is rated LAST in yardage D?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

What team is rated LAST in yardage D?

Yours

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Re: What team is rated LAST in yardage D?

35-21.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Who's number one D got toasted for 400+ by Tom Terrific? YOURS! LMFAO. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to What team is rated LAST in yardage D?:
    [QUOTE]Yours http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2011&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

I believe that this should be reflected as "DFL". But, gotta admire how that defense is "improving" week to week. This was a problem last season, and, after GREAT draft genius this year, looks like it will be an ongoing problem this season too. Defense has been an issue for a while now, and hasn't been addressed PROPERLY (Clay Matthews, anyoine?) in teh recent past. They better be able to win games 35-31 for a long time. Then again, we all know that defense wins championships (Someone go find me a bottom dwelling defense that won a championshiop, PLEASE!). Fear not! I'm getting used to these "one and dones" in the post season.

At what point with this "learning" going to rightfully become "they can't be taught"?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

San Diego cant even fill the stadium with fans.  They have to go on other team's boards to talk football.  I pity you.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: What team is rated LAST in yardage D?:
    [QUOTE]35-21. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Who's number one D got toasted for 400+ by Tom Terrific? YOURS! LMFAO. 
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

Uh, I may be a victim of a public education from teh People's Republic of Mass, but I learned that "400+' is LOWER than "500+". But, as long as you want to hang your hat on the defense outing vs the Bolts, want to explain the Raid-uh's yardage yesterday?

One game does not a season make. It if did, we'd (Patriot fans) be JESTS! fans, Bills fans, or fans of any team that dares to, or "gets lucky enough" to beat the Patriots.  

Reality bites you in the butt more often than not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

If the team that allows the most yards in the NFL beat your team by 2 touchdowns you must be pretty embarrassed right? Surely you wouldn't go to said team's message board and still talk trash right? right?

Get back to work jbolt, it must be a busy job being the head cheerleader of the perennial paper tigers. You must have other team's message boards to troll as well.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Who cares about yrds allowed?

Lets look at points allowed in which the Pats are in the bottom 3rd in the league in points allowed.... Well yes our D isn't great, wow thanks for pointing that out because we didn't notice.

HOWEVER, your team only averages 1 FG less per game being in the top 3rd of the league in points against. This shows that the difference between the Chargers D and the Pats D in the most important stat isn't that great esp considering the Pats have played the #4, #7, #15, and #26 teams in points per game verses the Charges have faced the #2, #24, #26, #30 offenses in points per game.

That's not to mention a small fact that the point differential between the O and D average for SD is only 1 point against lower competition then the Pats with a 9 point differential against not great but better competition then SD faced. Oh JBolt I love how you brag about the silliest things only to get lost in real numbers

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Repeat after me: VOLUME STATS ARE MEANINGLESS

And I can't believe a San Diego fan would start a thread like this here.

You know, a fan of a team that can never beat the Patriots?

Unreal.

VOLUME STATS ARE MEANINGLESS.

Total yards is a volume stat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The one team that beat San Diego, and convincingly at that???? Do I get a prize for answering it correctly?

Cool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Yours http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2011&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1
    We'll take the W and your Bolts can take the consolation prize of the L any day!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What team is rated LAST in yardage D? : did you watch the game?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Caught bits and pieces of it. The ONLY difference in this game was that Brady didn't todd any INT's.

Pick an offensive stat, and the Raid-uhs were better, except for the rushing game (183-160).  They wont time of possession by 7 minutes (just about 1/2 a qtr, right?), more total first downs (4 more via the pass), a HUGE edge on 3rd down conversion (8/13; 62% vs 4/9; 44%). We already know that they gained 100 more yards than the Pats, right? The only two catagories they stunk it out were on turnovers 2 INT's), and penalties (typical Raid-uhs).

Let's play the "Match the QB with the passing yards" game,a nd list Brady and Campbell with 344 and 226. Only a fool, or my mother would connect "Campbell" and "334".

Let's also look at the Raid-uhs penalties that cost them points, seeing how they were moving the ball. Opening drive, illigal block in the back cost them 10 yards, and settled for a FG in the Red Zone. We all saw what Seymour did to Brady on 3rd and 9, on the Pats 21. (Just as the Pats drew it up, right?). How about two 5 yarders on their 2nd drive, resulting with a punt from the NE 45, instead of a FG try from the 35? Then there's the kickoff after closing the score to 14-10, when the returned was roughed up after being stopped at the 21. Another 15 yard gift.  These dumbazzed penalties happened early in a close game! Cost them at least 10 points! Unless, of course, you can convince me that those penalties were a result of terrific Patriot game planning. 

Sorry, when the Patriots go on Defense, my heart just about stops, even when they SHOULD be better than their opponent. One more time, two comparrisons of numbers: "504 vs 409" and "33 1/2 min vs 26 1/2 min" scare the bejeesus out of me.  Watching teh full game has nothing to do with those numbers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

What a gargantuanally silly thread.   So the Pats D ain't the '85 Bears - wow, alert CNN.  They weren't last year either and I'll still take 14-2 in the reg season.  Do they need to improve?  Yep, absolutely.  If anyone wants to lose sleep over it be my guest.  I'd much prefer to be 3-1 with lots of room for improvement than to be playing my best D on October 2, be the statistical a$$ kicker of all time and not even make the playoffs.  Have any resonance with anyone posting?

And yes, gargantuanally is a word; I just typed it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Your concern or ignorance will be realized late this season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]What a gargantuanally silly thread.   So the Pats D ain't the '85 Bears - wow, alert CNN.  They weren't last year either and I'll still take 14-2 in the reg season.  Do they need to improve?  Yep, absolutely.  If anyone wants to lose sleep over it be my guest.  I'd much prefer to be 3-1 with lots of room for improvement than to be playing my best D on October 2, be the statistical a$$ kicker of all time and not even make the playoffs.  Have any resonance with anyone posting? And yes, gargantuanally is a word; I just typed it.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

So I guess that makes you happy to be "one and done" in the playoffs each year too? You know the playoffs - that time of year when defenses really matter?

Every one of these posts claiming the defense is alright, or it will get better, or don't worry about it are, at best, delusional.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanUK. Show PatsFanUK's posts

[QUOTE]Your concern or ignorance will be realized late this season.

Why's that then? You surely can't imply that it's because we'll lose to a dose of Norvball??? Hahahahahahahaha.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What team is rated LAST in yardage D? : So I guess that makes you happy to be "one and done" in the playoffs each year too? You know the playoffs - that time of year when defenses really matter? Every one of these posts claiming the defense is alright, or it will get better, or don't worry about it are, at best, delusional.
    Posted by sml1210[/QUOTE]

AMEN to this! We heard the same thing last season, especially when the Pats played relative cream puff teams to close things out. Then came the playoffs (again).

As I sit amongst Pats Fans in a local fan club gathering, no one makes claims such as "great defense", or "I'm not too worried" when the D is on the field. FUnny how no one also tries the excuse of "going from a 3-4 to a 4-3", or "new players/short prep time", or the customary "injuries". All we know is that the anxiety level increases dramatically whenever the D has to take the field. it's like watching John lackey trying to hold a 5 run lead in the 2nd inning! We all pray for Brady to take the field again, without even knowing how the oppostiion possession will turn out, as he's the best chance the Pats have in winning.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well I guess it could be worse. We could the best team both O and D in terms of yrds and not make the playoffs....

Ohh sorry JBolt that must have stung a bit. Would a lollipop make you feel better?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

What team handed your team it's only loss?? OURS!!! 

By the way, who have your lovables beaten so far? The powerful Vikings, Chiefs, and Dolphins...all in San Diego. 

How impressive...LOL!! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What team is rated LAST in yardage D? : Just like our new 2003 D got blasted in the opener to Buffalo, 31-0, with Brady throwing 4 INTs in that one too, right? Yeah, it's always a GREAT idea to use a game where QB looks like Mark Sanchez to judge our D.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

OK, smart guy, how did the defense perform that year in games 2,3 & 4? Did it get noticibly better? Did it play with more intensity? Or did it give up 500 yards  to an offense like the Raiders like it did yesterday?

You keep sticking your head in the sand. The aesthetics are better than way.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What team is rated LAST in yardage D? : OK, smart guy, how did the defense perform that year in games 2,3 & 4? Did it get noticibly better? Did it play with more intensity? Or did it give up 500 yards  to an offense like the Raiders like it did yesterday? You keep sticking your head in the sand. The aesthetics are better than way.
    Posted by sml1210[/QUOTE]

and yet even giving up 500+ yrds, Oak only managed to score 19 with 6 of those coming in garbage time

BTW, when was the last time you saw a score of 19? That's an awfully weird score to end up on

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What team is rated LAST in yardage D? : and yet even giving up 500+ yrds, Oak only managed to score 19 with 6 of those coming in garbage time BTW, when was the last time you saw a score of 19? That's an awfully weird score to end up on
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

So, I guess that, in your opinion, the Raid-uhs ability to shoot themselves in the foot early in the game, when it was STILL a game (via stupid Raid-uh penalties), was a result of tremendous Patriot game planning. They cost themselves at least 10 points with typical Raid-uh penalties in the first half. Then there's the Seymour dumb play on 3rd and 9 from the Pats 21 on the first possession. Think they would have picked up the 1st down without that penalty? Two 5 yarders in teh 2nd QTR took them, conceivably, from a FG attempt from the 35 to a punt from the 45. I believe we Patriot fans call those "drive killers". sad that it took penalties to keep the Raid-uhs from a scoring attempt there, NOT anything the Pats D did. Then, when they still could have done something, after closing the score to 14-10, with their home crowd ACTIVELY AND VOCALLY behind them, they committed another 15 yard penalty on the kickoff, moving the ball from the Pats 21 to the 36 yard line. As a Pats fan, where would YOU want to start a drive from? The Raid-uhs did themselves in yesterday. But then again, it's the Raid-uhs we were playing. 500+ yards given up to the Raid-uhs? 366 passing yards to a 2nd tier QB? Sorry, but nothing here to gloat about, regarding "winning" the game.