What team is rated LAST in yardage D?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

Re: What team is rated LAST in yardage D?

don't feed the trolls, boys

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: What team is rated LAST in yardage D?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What team is rated LAST in yardage D? : So, I guess that, in your opinion, the Raid-uhs ability to shoot themselves in the foot early in the game, when it was STILL a game (via stupid Raid-uh penalties), was a result of tremendous Patriot game planning. They cost themselves at least 10 points with typical Raid-uh penalties in the first half. Then there's the Seymour dumb play on 3rd and 9 from the Pats 21 on the first possession. Think they would have picked up the 1st down without that penalty? Two 5 yarders in teh 2nd QTR took them, conceivably, from a FG attempt from the 35 to a punt from the 45. I believe we Patriot fans call those "drive killers". sad that it took penalties to keep the Raid-uhs from a scoring attempt there, NOT anything the Pats D did. Then, when they still could have done something, after closing the score to 14-10, with their home crowd ACTIVELY AND VOCALLY behind them, they committed another 15 yard penalty on the kickoff, moving the ball from the Pats 21 to the 36 yard line. As a Pats fan, where would YOU want to start a drive from? The Raid-uhs did themselves in yesterday. But then again, it's the Raid-uhs we were playing. 500+ yards given up to the Raid-uhs? 366 passing yards to a 2nd tier QB? Sorry, but nothing here to gloat about, regarding "winning" the game.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Tell you what explain to me how Seymours penalties affect to the D giving up 500+ yards and I'll be fully happy to admit you're right.

I like how you harp on Raid"er" penalties but most came on the D not the O and that you think a FG on the 35 is a sure thing (which any FG past the 30 yrd line is no sure thing) is a reason why you think the D was that bad.

I might not say all my "r"s but I do type them out, does this make you foolish for spelling 'uh' when the pronunciation typically heard is closer to an "a" sound, well this is true but it still doesn't mean that a swallow carrying coconut shells is African, it could still be European.

And, that my friend is how they won the game.... oh yes there was a monkey with a umbrella somewhere in there too

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What team is rated LAST in yardage D? : So, I guess that, in your opinion, the Raid-uhs ability to shoot themselves in the foot early in the game, when it was STILL a game (via stupid Raid-uh penalties), was a result of tremendous Patriot game planning. They cost themselves at least 10 points with typical Raid-uh penalties in the first half. Then there's the Seymour dumb play on 3rd and 9 from the Pats 21 on the first possession. Think they would have picked up the 1st down without that penalty? Two 5 yarders in teh 2nd QTR took them, conceivably, from a FG attempt from the 35 to a punt from the 45. I believe we Patriot fans call those "drive killers". sad that it took penalties to keep the Raid-uhs from a scoring attempt there, NOT anything the Pats D did. Then, when they still could have done something, after closing the score to 14-10, with their home crowd ACTIVELY AND VOCALLY behind them, they committed another 15 yard penalty on the kickoff, moving the ball from the Pats 21 to the 36 yard line. As a Pats fan, where would YOU want to start a drive from? The Raid-uhs did themselves in yesterday. But then again, it's the Raid-uhs we were playing. 500+ yards given up to the Raid-uhs? 366 passing yards to a 2nd tier QB? Sorry, but nothing here to gloat about, regarding "winning" the game.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

New England Drive Summaries
    STARTQTRPOSS.YARDPLAYSYARDSRESULT
    10:26104:19NWE 20980Touchdown
    00:03101:31NWE 4536Punt
    10:20202:36NWE 36664Touchdown
    02:15202:09NWE 201154Field Goal
    00:06200:06OAK 000End of Half
    15:00303:53NWE 19781Touchdown
    03:21304:43NWE 20880Touchdown
    10:19401:46NWE 493-7Punt
    06:38402:19NWE 25512Punt
    03:43402:27OAK 26725Downs
    00:28400:28OAK 451-1End of Game

Oakland Drive Summaries
    STARTQTRPOSS.YARDPLAYSYARDSRESULT
    15:00104:34OAK 40950Field Goal
    06:07106:04OAK 20935Punt
    13:32203:12OAK 12688Touchdown
    07:44205:29OAK 14980Intercepted Pass
    11:07307:46OAK 181574Field Goal
    13:38403:19OAK 16754Intercepted Pass
    08:21401:32OAK 10517Punt
    04:02400:19OAK 2047Downs
    01:16400:48OAK 1499Touchdown

Drive Chart

Roll over drive bars for detailed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yeah, our D is terrible, but our O is the best. That makes us a good enough team to beat the Chargers who are a pretty decent team. Imagine if this D actually gets good over the course of the season. We will be dominant.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to What team is rated LAST in yardage D?:
    [QUOTE]Yours http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2011&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

What team looks good on paper every season but never even wins the conference?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Who cares about yrds allowed?

In reality yards allowed is less important then points allowed. If we gave up 600 yards and win the game thats all that matters when you look at the standings. It'd be like if you and I were running from a hungry lion, all I have to do is out run you not Usain Bolt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

If we continue to give up the passing yards we have and continue to make average QBs look great, we'll be right where we were last year, great offense, bad defense and an early exit from the playoffs.  The fact that KC & Miami handled the Chargers better than we did tells you all you need to know about our pass D.  Seeing our D keep McFadden under control was promising.  Giving up another 350 yards to an average QB, not so promising.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What team is rated LAST in yardage D? : OK, smart guy, how did the defense perform that year in games 2,3 & 4? Did it get noticibly better? Did it play with more intensity? Or did it give up 500 yards  to an offense like the Raiders like it did yesterday? You keep sticking your head in the sand. The aesthetics are better than way.
    Posted by sml1210[/QUOTE]

How many points did the Raiders score? Do they give you only a half win if the defense gives up yards but only allows 13 points? You probably think the Bills loss wasn't Brady's fault right? Or maybe 3 points in the first half in last years playoff loss was the defense's fault too?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, our D is terrible, but our O is the best. That makes us a good enough team to beat the Chargers who are a pretty decent team. Imagine if this D actually gets good over the course of the season. We will be dominant.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]
     Great post! This exactly how I feel. It didn't happen last year but being an eternal optimist I'm counting on it this season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What team is rated LAST in yardage D? : So I guess that makes you happy to be "one and done" in the playoffs each year too? You know the playoffs - that time of year when defenses really matter? Every one of these posts claiming the defense is alright, or it will get better, or don't worry about it are, at best, delusional.
    Posted by sml1210[/QUOTE]

Well, let's see: 

*Since I do not agree that the sky is indeed falling I'm delusional; got it.
    *Of course I'm not happy that they were 1 and done last year.  It's quite a ways between now and January.  If my math is correct (never a noteworthy strength of mine) there are 12 games ahead for the team.  Let's see where they are as the end of the year approaches.
    *Not entirely sure that I said the D was alright.
    *So, to be clear, the sky is falling, there is no way that the D will get better and I should start pacing the floor at night because of it? 

Sorry, I simply can't get horribly upset because a dinged up defense that is implementing a new system isn't shutting other teams down.  Maybe you are correct and there is simply no way that the defensive issues are fixable.  Not entirely sure how you can determine that now though.  How do you do that?
    Seriously, how do you project this at this point?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to What team is rated LAST in yardage D?:
    [QUOTE]Yours http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2011&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

This is all you can come up with?  You just erased any respect I had for you.  Spend less time focusing on my team and more time thinking about beating teams on your schedule.  You already lost to us.  If we meet in the playoffs, you KNOW the result will be the same.  Stick to having a nice year.  Try and beat the Raiders this year, just once.  We did.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

I WAS THERE AND IT WAS SWEET