What? The Defense Won the Game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: What? The Defense Won the Game?

The only reason the Pats didn't hold on was because of fumble by McCourty. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only reason the Pats didn't hold on was because of fumble by McCourty. 

[/QUOTE]

he got crunched...not surprised to see him cough up the ball...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Strange game, but a win is a win.

Not much of a statement game for the Patriots.

[/QUOTE]

They gave up 26 points to the Jets. 

That's not good. I'll say they didn't lose it. But no ... anytime your D coughs up that many scores, it categorically is not 'winning' the game for you. The offense won the game by getting the tieing FG and getting the go ahead FG in OT.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's not good. I'll say they didn't lose it. But no ... anytime your D coughs up that many scores, it categorically is not 'winning' the game for you. The offense won the game by getting the tieing FG and getting the go ahead FG in OT.

[/QUOTE]

this is true ZB.  Trying to be a little bit optimistic about the team.  The offense did win the game by putting up the 3 in OT....and finally, the D finished the game by stopping the Jets (finally...lol). I'm just praying that maybe it gives the defense an ounce of confidence....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

oh, altho it may or may not be significant - after McCourty's fumble, the D held their own and limited the Jets to a FG.  If they had given up a TD.....I'm not sure if the Offense would have scored a TD to send the game into OT. Who knows....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

oh, altho it may or may not be significant - after McCourty's fumble, the D held their own and limited the Jets to a FG.  If they had given up a TD.....I'm not sure if the Offense would have scored a TD to send the game into OT. Who knows....

[/QUOTE]

I think for once the D and the O played well and capitaized on jets mistakes.... have to send a thank you letter to the wr that droped that wide open pass at end of game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not exactly.  The offense won the game.  The defense didn't lose it.

[/QUOTE]

The offense that put up 17 points in regulation won the game?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think for once the D and the O played well and capitaized on jets mistakes.... have to send a thank you letter to the wr that droped that wide open pass at end of game.

[/QUOTE]

lol.....that was a lucky break. I mean, he was pretty wide open....no footsteps to be heard or anything

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

When you think about it, this is the 3rd time the defense has forced a big turnover at the end of a game: (1) the fumble by Ariz.  (I think Spikes caused it) that should have led to to the game winning field goal; (2) Nink's strip against McGahey in the Denver game; and (3) Cunnihngham/Nink's sack strip today.

I think the front 7 of this defense has more killer instinct than the offense, for sure.  When we need first downs in the 4th quarter to kill the clock, the run game isn't there consistently, and the shotgun offense blows.

Sections
Shortcuts