What the **** is wrong with this forum?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

What the **** is wrong with this forum?

Our secondary will hold up,our defense doesn't stink,Brady's knee is fine,we haven't lost too much,we aren't doomed ect.ect. Ya'll need to get a set and believe the PATS are gonna kick the sh!t out of every team we come across this year. GOOOOOOOOOOOOO PATS!!!!!!!!!!      Season opener tailgate menu: Buffalo wings,and arms and legs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: What the **** is wrong with this forum?

Best post ever.  But seriously, all the discussions going on are troll discussions.  Why are people replying to them?  The forum s*cks now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

To be sure, the annual troll invasion has started in earnest! Bubbakilla, communistmoderator, oldschool, all these morons are useless trolls who come here to annoy. But that can mean only one thing. When the haters come out in drovs it's because our team is feared! Of course, there are always those Patriots fans who are worrywarts. Unless they win every game (including preseason) by a score of 56-0 they will knaw at every perceived weakness. But Brady is back (and looking good judging by Friday's performance), Moss seems to be on the same page, and they have some promising new guys. Pay no mind to the trolls. It's only wishful thinking on their part!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to What the **** is wrong with this forum?:
    [QUOTE] Our secondary will hold up,our defense doesn't stink,Brady's knee is fine,we haven't lost too much,we aren't doomed ect.ect. Ya'll need to get a set and believe the PATS are gonna kick the sh!t out of every team we come across this year. GOOOOOOOOOOOOO PATS!!!!!!!!!!      Season opener tailgate menu: Buffalo wings,and arms and legs.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]

No offense, but it is a forum - and people will write whatever they want regardless of whether you like them or not.  I tend to ignore both the trolls AND those who say stuff like "In Bill We Trust".....lol  :)  Regardless, at the end of the day - does it really matter what people write in this forum?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Regardless, at the end of the day - does it really matter what people write in this forum?

That sounds like the attitude of sportswriters and media people, who generally have contempt for fans. Fans actually have to pay to watch football in person. And get wet when the weather is bad. They don't know anything about the secret inner workings. They don't have access to locker rooms. They don't have access to athletes' cell phones. They don't get twittered when some athlete discovers how to string more than two words together. So who cares what fans say?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

Yapple - I think you are being a bit harsh on Bubba. I don't think his comment was meant to imply that the fans' voice isn't worthy of consideration. The purpose of these forums is exactly as you indicate; a place that a fan can toss in his two cents' worth.
    However, I took Bubba's comment to mean that, in the grand scheme of things, how important are the comments that fly around on a sports forum? The forums are here for entertainment, and there is nothing wrong with that, but some folks take them far too seriously. It is a sad state for anyone whose day is made or broken by the response they get to comments on a forum (of any kind).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Question:  What is the meaning of football?

/> />>>Que Conan voice<<<<<<

To crush your opponents superbowl dreams and to hear the lamentations of their fans.

/> />>>End Conan voice<<<<<<

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"However, I took Bubba's comment to mean that, in the grand scheme of things, how important are the comments that fly around on a sports forum?"

Ok... I confess to being a big baby but...in that case...how important are the comments that fly around on forums about politics, science, religion and current events? Those comments are also made by "fans". Sports seems to be very important to a lot of people. Socially, economically and emotionally. Yet you always hear someone who wants to be a member of the club say something like..."This puts football in its proper perspective". If it's so unimportant and meaningless, leave the broadcast booth or the newspaper and get a "real" job in the coal mines.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

In Response to Re: What the **** is wrong with this forum?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to What the **** is wrong with this forum? : No offense, but it is a forum - and people will write whatever they want regardless of whether you like them or not.  I tend to ignore both the trolls AND those who say stuff like "In Bill We Trust".....lol  :)  Regardless, at the end of the day - does it really matter what people write in this forum?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]from one bubba to another, PERFECT POST! this is suposed to be fun and light. we arent tryg to find a cure for cancer here. its just an escape. for some of u to view it as life or death or advocate for the censorship of others is just nuts. it says right in the sports area before we click on to this board: FAN TO FAN DEBATE! it is not about findg a pom pom monopoly or encouraging a monolithic kool aid Patriot way of thinkg or expressg oneself. as long as words do not get profane or lewd, its all good! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I agree people need to man up and stop all the gloom and doom. Are we an unproven defense? yes we are but the only way to prove our selves is to go out and play so let the team play and then make judgements. It is too early to tell how good or bad this defense will be so the sky is not falling yet so people need to chill. The problem is everyone and their mother think they know more about the game then Bill Belichick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE] Our secondary will hold up,our defense doesn't stink,Brady's knee is fine,we haven't lost too much,we aren't doomed ect.ect. Ya'll need to get a set and believe the PATS are gonna kick the sh!t out of every team we come across this year. GOOOOOOOOOOOOO PATS!!!!!!!!!!      Season opener tailgate menu: Buffalo wings,and arms and legs.

Good post, have to agree with everything you've said.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Problem with some is that they BELIEVE they know exactly what is wrong as well as to how to make it right. All of this without the knowledge of what is really going on, even if they have prior experience.

I love it when people complain about a players effort .
    Then you find out he was playing with the flu or some injury that would have put a normal person in bed.

I love the talk but I also love shooting the so called forum complaining expert down

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Yapple - I think you are being a bit harsh on Bubba. I don't think his comment was meant to imply that the fans' voice isn't worthy of consideration. The purpose of these forums is exactly as you indicate; a place that a fan can toss in his two cents' worth. However, I took Bubba's comment to mean that, in the grand scheme of things, how important are the comments that fly around on a sports forum? The forums are here for entertainment, and there is nothing wrong with that, but some folks take them far too seriously. It is a sad state for anyone whose day is made or broken by the response they get to comments on a forum (of any kind).
    Posted by markes8336[/QUOTE]

Markes....yes, your interpretation is what I meant :)  Have a great long weekend!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I agree people need to man up and stop all the gloom and doom. Are we an unproven defense? yes we are but the only way to prove our selves is to go out and play so let the team play and then make judgements. It is too early to tell how good or bad this defense will be so the sky is not falling yet so people need to chill. The problem is everyone and their mother think they know more about the game then Bill Belichick.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Well....actually, my mom does know more than Bill....lol.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Well then your mom is a special lady and maybe I need to take her out for a lobster dinner and get to know her better....lol just kidding around bro.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I think there are two types of extremists on this board; those who think everything is wrong, and those who think everything is right.  If we just want to say that none of us know what's really going on, we're not as smart as BB, and so on, we might as well not have a forum at all.  What's there to discuss or debate?  Fans know less about football than the worst coach in the NFL.  I guess we can't criticize any coach in the NFL?  Football is entertainment, and all of the stuff around it, to include the forums, is merely an extension of that entertainment.  Heck, I'm not qualified to be President but that doesn't stop me from voting, or arguing politics with friends.  BB is the best coach in the NFL, but he doesn't get 100% of everything perfect.  Did we have a good defense last year?

I think we will have a great team by the end of the season.  I think our D will have a lot of warts early on (pass D), but be good in the months when it really matters.  That's my opinion, right, wrong, or indifferent.  I need to search the forums for last year at this time to see who was saying there was nothing to worry about last year.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

its tempting sometimes but the best thing to do is not even respond to the no life troll postings. the patriots are going to kick some serious a this year and it is making the haters miserable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Well then your mom is a special lady and maybe I need to take her out for a lobster dinner and get to know her better....lol just kidding around bro.

LMAO....dude if u want to date my mom - u have my permission.  But u better be into "mature" women cuz she's a proud member of AARP....lol. 

I'll tell her to be gentle with you :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]I agree people need to man up and stop all the gloom and doom. Are we an unproven defense? yes we are but the only way to prove our selves is to go out and play so let the team play and then make judgements. It is too early to tell how good or bad this defense will be so the sky is not falling yet so people need to chill. The problem is everyone and their mother think they know more about the game then Bill Belichick.

Agreed and well said, MVP.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

CTR, Please don't take this as an offense, but there have been people here pretending to be others. I know you haven't been around for a long while (or maybe you have been as a different poster), but I am not one to automatically believe that it is you. With that, I don't mean to be insulting, but can you give the reason you first started posting 4 years ago?

Also, just for fun, who was the only natural genius on the forum at that point. (Sure, it is subjective, but I always found this guy to be awesome.)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]I think there are two types of extremists on this board; those who think everything is wrong, and those who think everything is right.  If we just want to say that none of us know what's really going on, we're not as smart as BB, and so on, we might as well not have a forum at all.  What's there to discuss or debate?  Fans know less about football than the worst coach in the NFL.  I guess we can't criticize any coach in the NFL?  Football is entertainment, and all of the stuff around it, to include the forums, is merely an extension of that entertainment.  Heck, I'm not qualified to be President but that doesn't stop me from voting, or arguing politics with friends.  BB is the best coach in the NFL, but he doesn't get 100% of everything perfect.  Did we have a good defense last year? I think we will have a great team by the end of the season.  I think our D will have a lot of warts early on (pass D), but be good in the months when it really matters.  That's my opinion, right, wrong, or indifferent.  I need to search the forums for last year at this time to see who was saying there was nothing to worry about last year.  
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Your post is just crazy wrong. Except that everything is right about it.

Sections
Shortcuts