What The Jimmy G Deal Means

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: What The Jimmy G Deal Means

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to m. a. pat's comment:

Another thread detailing how stupid other team's managements are and how brilliant BB is. Who would have guessed?

On the Pats' roster one could easily look at Mankins' contract and wonder what BB was thinking. Our guard has a cap # of 10.5 mil this year and 11 mil next year.

It's the way professional sports works and once a player performs at a high level they want to get paid. If current players such as Chandler Jones, Solder or even a second year player such as Jamie Collins keep improving, the Pats will have to pay through the nose to keep these guys. It's either pay 'em or let 'em walk.

It'll be interesting to see if the Pats can get McCourty's signature on a contract soon and if so at what price.

I already mentioned Mankins. Are you blind?

Did you also miss where I said BB's teambuilding consistency is so superior, that a bloated deal like that doesn't hamper the quality of the overall roster long term?

Please learn to read.

Are you aware the Giants are set to miss the postseason for the 3rd year in a row or Baltimore for the 2nd?  How is Pitt looking these days? Do you think that is only due to poor drafting? Nope.

One injury and a team like the Saints could literally miss the playoffs with no depth and a thin roster after 2014 or maybe even this year in that division.  Denver is in the same boat in 2015 if they give Julius Jones a Graham deal for a one trick pony TE.

[/QUOTE]

My bad! I hardly ever read your posts from beginning to end. It's not a reading problem but a not enough time in the day issue to see the same theme regurgitated throughout all your posts.

I'll pay more attention next time Doug. Not blind or illiterate but thanks all the same!

[/QUOTE]

Be sure to chime in on the AcheNot thread. It's really concise and short. Perfect for you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gronk healthy is the best TE in the league.  Graham, though, has been more reliable and, as a receiver at least, nearly as good. I just don't see any problem with the Saints' move.  In fact, given Gronk's repeated injuries, it's arguable that Graham is the better guy to have on your team. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, if the Saints bloated contracts affect how many quality weapons they can surround Graham with, maybe his battle with injuries is only on the horizon.

He played hurt last year and had a period of ineffectiveness, too.

Gronk has never been ineffective. Ever.

The only saving grace is that his tag/cap hit would have been higher, so they get some relief to be able to keep some vets if they need to in 2014.  It's the aftereffects into 2015 and beyond that I am talking about here.

You seem to think it's impossible for Graham to get hurt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Tom Brady was the highest paid QB in 2011 and 2012, which really hamstrung the team off the lockout in a flat cap.

No "thanks TB" at all.

Also, your lack of a counter with my understanding of the NFL market, speaks volumes.  Nighty night, RKrap.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Lie of all lies!!!!!

You have no freaken idea what he made.

And if he EVER did hamstring the team (which he hasn't) IT WOULD BE BELLIDICKS FAULT!

[/QUOTE]

Did you just call him "Bellidick"?  There is no way you were a fan pre Kraft era. NO WAY

Do you know who Dick McPherson is?  lol

Yes, Brady was overpaid with the highest QB deal in history in 2011.  Leave it to you, Giselle, to claim he wasn't.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Wrong, liar,  What was his cap hit that hand cuffed the team?  Go ahead enlighten us.  BWAHAHA

And ya I called him bellidick.  Do you think you're the only one who can assign names to people?

I would think you would love it since you don't like chicks and prefer the other.

[/QUOTE]

I love women.  I also know what to do with them, unlike yourself.  Your anger prove this. You come home all middle-aged and angry because the wifey has her trap closed night after night, and you come here to vent, taking out Brady's horrendous postseasons out on BB for some odd reason.

Or, it's not so odd.

Do I need to come down there and show your wife what a real man is?  I'd be happy to help there. Hell, you can even film it and take notes later on. lol

As for assigning names to people, no real Pats fan would be that angry towards the person responsible for creating all of this, besides Bob Kraft of course.

It'd be like being angry at Lomabrdi as a Packers fan, Halas as a Bears fan, Brown as a Browns fan, Noll as a Steelers fan or Walsh as a 9ers fan.

It literally makes no sense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Gronk healthy is the best TE in the league.  Graham, though, has been more reliable and, as a receiver at least, nearly as good. I just don't see any problem with the Saints' move.  In fact, given Gronk's repeated injuries, it's arguable that Graham is the better guy to have on your team. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, if the Saints bloated contracts affect how many quality weapons they can surround Graham with, maybe his battle with injuries is only on the horizon.

The only saving grace is that his tag/cap hit would have been higher, so they get some relief to be able to keep some vets if they need to in 2014.  It's the aftereffects into 2015 and beyond that I am talking about here.

[/QUOTE]

Of course he can get hurt.  The problem is Gronk has actually been hurt . . . three years in a row. 

I love Gronk and I'd rather have him when healthy than any TE in the league.  But his injuries have been problematic.

I don't see this contract as particularly "bloated" by the way.  It's not that far off from Gronk's or Hernandez's and it's two years later in a period with a higher cap.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course he can get hurt.  The problem is Gronk has actually been hurt . . . three years in a row. 

I love Gronk and I'd rather have him when healthy than any TE in the league.  But his injuries have been problematic.

I don't see this contract as particularly "bloated" by the way.  It's not that far off from Gronk's or Hernandez's and it's two years later in a period with a higher cap.

[/QUOTE]

Are you telling me Graham is a good blocker like a TE should be?  Graham is used mostly in the slot and can't be used as in-line TE.

Explain either how Graham is a good blocker or explain why paying a one trick pony TE as much as Gronk as something that is wise.

Good defenses likes ours last year (before injuries) can easily take out Graham.  Many teams did it. Bad defenses couldn't, but good ones can.  HE provides little in the red zone for run blocking or in short yardage as in-line TE.

He's obviously a beast in terms of catching radius and a red zone target, but don't look now:  deception is huge in the game of football.   Graham doesn't offer that.  Bad defenses they will torch, but good or great ones, he's compromised sort of like what Welker does when facing superior Ds. He disappears. 

The difference between Gronk and Graham is the idea that Gronk makes the play even while double (or triple covered), while Graham can be contained.

Hern's deal was not the same as Gronk's either. Gronk was made the highest paid in 2012.  Then, Witten was, and now Graham.

Why Jones made Witten the highest paid is beyond me with his age but at least Witten blocks.

Finally, the Saints aren't a very deep team right now.  They need a pipeline and this contract, while necessary in some ways, actually pigeonholes Loomis's proper teambuild. You heard it here first, the Saints can't show their fanbase that they are scaling back off the 2012 suspension Bountygate thing due to a finicky fanbase, which is another reason they caved in to this bloated deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:

[QUOTE]

I guess I wouldn't go bragging about our tight end situation seeing how we totaled 90 million in contracts to Gronk and Hernandez...neither of which has played a meaningful snap in two years. 

[/QUOTE]

Gronk hasn't played meaningful snaps?  Umm, is this before or after he's mugged in the end zone in Carolina out of desperation making us go to Denver vs hosting Gomie in the wind at Gillette?

Aren't you on vacation? What a loser posting here while you're on vacation.

Go look at Graham's deal and then tell me you'd rather have that one and Graham over Gronk and his deal.

As for Hernandez, you do realize BB re-upped him early as well because he knew this market would jump, right? That's the point, not whether or not he knew Hernandez was channeling Tony Montana. Besides, after 2014, Hernandez's deal would be voided, moron. He'll be found guilty and his contract cleared.

[/QUOTE]

I find it relaxing to unwind on boston.com - vacation or not - besides, I just ate seven lobster tails and I can't move:(

As for meaningful snaps, I'm talking playoffs...you know that thing you complain about daily around here...how Brady performs well in meaningless regular season games, etc. I thought it would be fair to place other players in that same category.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you telling me Graham is a good blocker like a TE should be?  Graham is used mostly in the slot and can't be used as in-line TE.

Explain either how Graham is a good blocker or explain why paying a one trick pony TE as much as Gronk as something that is wise.

Good defenses likes ours last year (before injuries) can easily take out Graham.  Many teams did it. Bad defenses couldn't, but good ones can.  HE provides little in the red zone for run blocking or in short yardage as in-line TE.

He's obviously a beast in terms of catching radius and a red zone target, but don't look now:  deception is huge in the game of football.   Graham doesn't offer that.  Bad defenses they will torch, but good or great ones, he's compromised sort of like what Welker does when facing superior Ds. He disappears. 

The difference between Gronk and Graham is the idea that Gronk makes the play even while double (or triple covered), while Graham can be contained.

Hern's deal was not the same as Gronk's either. Gronk was made the highest paid in 2012.  Then, Witten was, and now Graham.

Why Jones made Witten the highest paid is beyond me with his age but at least Witten blocks.

Finally, the Saints aren't a very deep team right now.  They need a pipeline and this contract, while necessary in some ways, actually pigeonholes Loomis's proper teambuild. You heard it here first, the Saints can't show their fanbase that they are scaling back off the 2012 suspension Bountygate thing due to a finicky fanbase, which is another reason they caved in to this bloated deal.

[/QUOTE]

If good blocking is so essential why do WRs make more than TEs?  Gronk is a better blocker than Graham and that's why I said, when healthy, he's the best TE in the league.  But Graham is arguably a more fluid route runner and receiver.  He's more like a WR.  And WRs are valuable simply for their receiving skills.  Not every player has to do everything to be valuable. Can megaton block like Gronk?  No.  Is he less valuable than Gronk because of that?  No.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I guess I wouldn't go bragging about our tight end situation seeing how we totaled 90 million in contracts to Gronk and Hernandez...neither of which has played a meaningful snap in two years. 

[/QUOTE]

Gronk hasn't played meaningful snaps?  Umm, is this before or after he's mugged in the end zone in Carolina out of desperation making us go to Denver vs hosting Gomie in the wind at Gillette?

Aren't you on vacation? What a loser posting here while you're on vacation.

Go look at Graham's deal and then tell me you'd rather have that one and Graham over Gronk and his deal.

As for Hernandez, you do realize BB re-upped him early as well because he knew this market would jump, right? That's the point, not whether or not he knew Hernandez was channeling Tony Montana. Besides, after 2014, Hernandez's deal would be voided, moron. He'll be found guilty and his contract cleared.

[/QUOTE]

I find it relaxing to unwind on boston.com - vacation or not - besides, I just ate seven lobster tails and I can't move:(

As for meaningful snaps, I'm talking playoffs...you know that thing you complain about daily around here...how Brady performs well in meaningless regular season games, etc. I thought it would be fair to place other players in that same category.

[/QUOTE]

Your worst nightmare is if Gronk is around in January with Revis in here and all these great, young players and Brady falling on his face again.

And yes, posting here while on vacation from anywhere is really sad, not even counting how dumb it would be to go on vacation in July to the equator.

It just can't be made up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If good blocking is so essential why do WRs make more than TEs?  Gronk is a better blocker than Graham and that's why I said, when healthy, he's the best TE in the league.  But Graham is arguably a more fluid route runner and receiver.  He's more like a WR.  And WRs are valuable simply for their receiving skills.  Not every player has to do everything to be valuable. Can megaton block like Gronk?  No.  Is he less valuable than Gronk because of that?  No.

[/QUOTE]

As you can see, Graham considers himself a WR.   WRs make more because it is an offensive era and teams field more/carry more WRs on a roster.

It's simply supply and demand.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Tom Brady was the highest paid QB in 2011 and 2012, which really hamstrung the team off the lockout in a flat cap.

No "thanks TB" at all.

Also, your lack of a counter with my understanding of the NFL market, speaks volumes.  Nighty night, RKrap.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Lie of all lies!!!!!

And if he EVER did hamstring the team (which he hasn't) IT WOULD BE BELLIDICKS FAULT!

[/QUOTE]

Did you just call him "Bellidick"?  There is no way you were a fan pre Kraft era. NO WAY

Yes, Brady was overpaid with the highest QB deal in history in 2011.  Leave it to you, Giselle, to claim he wasn't.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Wrong, liar,  What was his cap hit that hand cuffed the team?  Go ahead enlighten us.  BWAHAHA

And ya I called him bellidick.  Do you think you're the only one who can assign names to people?

I would think you would love it since you don't like chicks and prefer the other.

[/QUOTE]

I love women.  I also know what to do with them, unlike yourself.  Your anger prove this. You come home all middle-aged and angry because the wifey has her trap closed night after night, and you come here to vent, taking out Brady's horrendous postseasons out on BB for some odd reason.

Or, it's not so odd.

Do I need to come down there and show your wife what a real man is?  I'd be happy to help there. Hell, you can even film it and take notes later on. lol

As for assigning names to people, no real Pats fan would be that angry towards the person responsible for creating all of this, besides Bob Kraft of course.

It'd be like being angry at Lomabrdi as a Packers fan, Halas as a Bears fan, Brown as a Browns fan, Noll as a Steelers fan or Walsh as a 9ers fan.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

You don't even like women, never mind love.  Narcissist, such as your self are incapable of it.

I asked my wife and she she said she doesn't "do" women (that would be you) and apparently neither do you, soooooo  that wouldn't work.

What could you teach anyone?  The Rusty trombone?

Sorry, save it for the bath house or the men's room or behind the dumpster.

Not interested.

And FYI, people that are good at things, don't have to brag about it.  That proves you're not good at anything.  So keep exposing yourself.  Not that there's anything left to expose.

What was Brady's cap hit, that hand cuffed the team building, again?  I think you forgot that part.

Still waiting..   Would you like me to take a video of the answer so that you can remember it?

And remember not to lie about that again?

Have you ever told the truth a day in your life?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No "thanks TB" at all.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Lie of all lies!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Or, it's not so odd.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

You don't even like women, never mind love.  Narcissist, such as your self are incapable of it.

I asked my wife and she she said she doesn't "do" women (that would be you) and apparently neither do you, soooooo  that wouldn't work.

Not interested.

And FYI, people that are good at things, don't have to brag about it.  That proves you're not good at anything.  So keep exposing yourself.  Not that there's anything left to expose.

What was Brady's cap hit, that hand cuffed the team building, again?  I think you forgot that part.

Still waiting..   Would you like me to take a video of the answer so that you can remember it?

[/QUOTE]

^^Terrible comeback.  All over the map in desperation.  Priceless.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No "thanks TB" at all.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Lie of all lies!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Or, it's not so odd.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not interested.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Answer the question, woman!

What was brady's cap hit that hand cuffed the team?

You should know that I know the answer.  Just so you don't bother lying again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No "thanks TB" at all.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Lie of all lies!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Or, it's not so odd.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not interested.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

I don't care what the cap hit was, Beatrice. I care what the contract was/is and why he's worse per contract value as opposed to earlier in his career.

"In Sept 2010, Quarterback Tom Brady signed a four-year extension with the New England Patriots that will make him the NFL's highest-paid player, a source close to the negotiations confirmed Thursday night."

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5552561

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No "thanks TB" at all.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Lie of all lies!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Or, it's not so odd.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not interested.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

I don't care what the cap hit was, Beatrice. I care what the contract was/is and why he's worse per contract value as opposed to earlier in his career.

"In Sept 2010, Quarterback Tom Brady signed a four-year extension with the New England Patriots that will make him the NFL's highest-paid player, a source close to the negotiations confirmed Thursday night."

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5552561" rel="nofollow">http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5552561

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]A

And he worked that contract one whole year before he extended for the 4th time.

That article is also 4 years old and he is not near the top and dick hed, the only thing that hampers the team is the cap hit, which has been EXTREMELY LOW!

In those years, he didn't even have the highest cap hit on the team. 

So explain to us ignorant people how a 7.5M  cap hit hampered the team in any way, shape or form.

Go ahead, mrs capologist, tell us.  Back up your statement or shut it.

Also he is a MUCH better QB now, than in his first 3 years.  He wouldn't have won 8 games with that BS he had to work with last year.  NO QB would have won 8 games with that crap.

The only thing that declined during the past 10 year period, sans 07, is the surrounding talent.

You know, the rest of the team.

Bad drafts and bad FA will do that to a team.  You should thank god, he's been here to hold it together as much as humanly possible.  It sure as hell hasn't been the pond scum defense and the water Lillie receivers.

Thank You, bb urrr I mean dick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No "thanks TB" at all.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Lie of all lies!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Or, it's not so odd.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not interested.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5552561" rel="nofollow">http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5552561" rel="nofollow">http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5552561" rel="nofollow">http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5552561" rel="nofollow">http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5552561

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]A

That article is also 4 years old and he is not near the top and dick hed, the only thing that hampers the team is the cap hit, which has been EXTREMELY LOW!

So explain to us ignorant people how a 7.5M  cap hit hampered the team in any way, shape or form.

Also he is a MUCH better QB now, than in his first 3 years.  He wouldn't have won 8 games with that BS he had to work with last year.  NO QB would have won 8 games with that crap.

The only thing that declined during the past 10 year period, sans 07, is the surrounding talent.

Bad drafts and bad FA will do that to a team.  You should thank god, he's been here to hold it together as much as humanly possible.  It sure as hell hasn't been the pond scum defense and the water Lillie receivers.

[/QUOTE]

Brady is clearly worse in the postseason, worse since his 2008 injury and does not do the small things like he used to do.  THe Brady of 2001 never would have been that reckless like he was in 2011 in the postseason. His ego has spiraled out of control, showing up coaches and younger players, to absolve him of responsibility.

So, yes, I think it's unacceptable, if you're paid more, that you're worse at your craft.

His cap hit was less in the previous deal and his total deal was far less, even if him being underpaid at the time.

Poor drafts? It is beyond clear since 2010, no team in the AFC (and they're right there with anyone) has had such consistently good drafts other than the NE Patriots. Cincy was the only one you could argue with, and after last year's superb pull, BB has shot right past the Bungles in that area. Logan Ryan led the team in INTs as a rookie.  More than Talib. Chris Jones had SIX sacks as a DT!  That's insane. 

Dobson and Thompkins impressed as did Harmon and in particular, Collins. That's FIVE NAMES in a draft that had clear, immediate impact. FIVE.

So, everything comes back to Brady. Everything. What will he do to help the team in January? Will he not be asleep for once? Will he?

You can stop stop twisting a thread that has me pointing to something as simple as a prediction of the surging TE market crippling some teams who are behind the 8 ball, too.

I made the same prediction with what Brady's contract would do with the Giants, Ravens, Steelers, etc, and nailed that, too.

Nailed it.

Buy on the way up, never on the way down.  If you don't get this concept, you should have never tried to troll my thread along with RKrap.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I really think this Graham deal is fair value for NO. He's their #1 target, never hurt and the cap is going up. 10M AAV isn't bad.

I'm just very glad that BB locked out Gronk early so he didn't have to pay 10M AAV + toGronk

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No "thanks TB" at all.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Lie of all lies!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Or, it's not so odd.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not interested.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5552561" rel="nofollow">http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5552561" rel="nofollow">http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5552561" rel="nofollow">http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5552561" rel="nofollow">http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5552561" rel="nofollow">http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5552561" rel="nofollow">http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5552561" rel="nofollow">http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5552561

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]A

[/QUOTE]

Brady is clearly worse in the postseason, worse since his 2008 injury and does not do the small things like he used to do.  THe Brady of 2001 never would have been that reckless like he was in 2011 in the postseason. His ego has spiraled out of control, showing up coaches and younger players, to absolve him of responsibility.

So, yes, I think it's unacceptable, if you're paid more, that you're worse at your craft.

His cap hit was less in the previous deal and his total deal was far less, even if him being underpaid at the time.

Poor drafts? It is beyond clear since 2010, no team in the AFC (and they're right there with anyone) has had such consistently good drafts other than the NE Patriots. Cincy was the only one you could argue with, and after last year's superb pull, BB has shot right past the Bungles in that area. Logan Ryan led the team in INTs as a rookie.  More than Talib. Chris Jones had SIX sacks as a DT!  That's insane. 

Dobson and Thompkins impressed as did Harmon and in particular, Collins. That's FIVE NAMES in a draft that had clear, immediate impact. FIVE.

So, everything comes back to Brady. Everything. What will he do to help the team in January? Will he not be asleep for once? Will he?

You can stop stop twisting a thread that has me pointing to something as simple as a prediction of the surging TE market crippling some teams who are behind the 8 ball, too.

I made the same prediction with what Brady's contract would do with the Giants, Ravens, Steelers, etc, and nailed that, too.

Nailed it.

Buy on the way up, never on the way down.  If you don't get this concept, you should have never tried to troll my thread along with RKrap.

[/QUOTE]

As u can see Rusty the capologist has zero understanding of the cap, nor anything financial. This is his usual deflection of his lunacy by turning it into a blame Brady thread

the facts are there for everyone to see. Brady has never been a financial burder, ever, in fact quite the opposite.

the difference between the Pats and Saints is not BB vs Loomis, it is TB vs Brees. TB has allowed the Pats flexibilty that the Saints cannot enjoy

once again, Russ is wrong

once again Russ does not understand the cap

once again, Russ resorts to Brady bashing

once again, Russ exposed and bludgeoned

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I question the true fandom of any Pats fan who calls Belichick "Belidick" .... say what you want about him as a GM but his coaching is top-notch and one of the biggest reasons for this team's success on the field.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I question the true fandom of any Pats fan who calls Belichick "Belidick" .... say what you want about him as a GM but his coaching is top-notch and one of the biggest reasons for this team's success on the field.

[/QUOTE]

I agree 1000%

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]

Mickey Loomis and the Saints pulled this with Evans at Guard in 2010 and now they've done it again with this bloated signing of Jimmy Graham, simply because Loomis had no leverage, Brees was mouthing off in the press, etc.  By not re-upping Graham earlier like BB did with Gronk, it moves the TE market up.

Thanks again to BB.  BB never caves in or makes the mistake of not seeing a surging market.  The lone time he did cave was with Mankins, but his teambuilding approach is so good with the draft, cultivating in-house youth and signing FAs strategically to help in small ways with a flat cap, he's the only GM who has really avoided disaster or the pitfalls of what this new lockout really did.

A team like NOs or SF may not feel the sting in 2014, but they will in 2015 and beyond, even with the cap going up.

Graham is not better than Gronk, mainly because he's not a good blocker while Gronk is the best in the game at blocking as well as receiving at the position but he's now being paid as if he is the best offering the skill set of both receiving and blocking.

My main point here is to watch how the Saints, the 49ers with Vernon Davis (they'd be wise to let him walk after 2014), and Julius Jones will all sabotage their teams simply because of one GM's moronic handling of a contract situation by ditching any leverage he had.  If SF caves with Davis like Loomis just had to with Graham, it will absolutely affect other parts of their roster in the future. 

Other teams that need to watch out are teams like Cleveland with the up and coming Cameron or Miami with Clay. Cameron is a FA after 2014, and by not quickly re-upping him into 2013's season, Cleveland is now at the mercy of Mickey Loomis being a moron. 

If you are sold on the player, plan early to pay and don't wait.  Pay on the way up, not on the way down.

Good or great GMs see these things and execute with well structured deals, before they get out of hand from a personnel management standpoint.

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

"BB never caves in or makes the mistake of not seeing a surging market.  The lone time he did cave was with Mankins" I just find these two sentences funny because they are so hypercritical of each other! And before I get attacked Rusty, I love BB!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Mickey Loomis and the Saints pulled this with Evans at Guard in 2010 and now they've done it again with this bloated signing of Jimmy Graham, simply because Loomis had no leverage, Brees was mouthing off in the press, etc.  By not re-upping Graham earlier like BB did with Gronk, it moves the TE market up.

Thanks again to BB.  BB never caves in or makes the mistake of not seeing a surging market.  The lone time he did cave was with Mankins, but his teambuilding approach is so good with the draft, cultivating in-house youth and signing FAs strategically to help in small ways with a flat cap, he's the only GM who has really avoided disaster or the pitfalls of what this new lockout really did.

A team like NOs or SF may not feel the sting in 2014, but they will in 2015 and beyond, even with the cap going up.

Graham is not better than Gronk, mainly because he's not a good blocker while Gronk is the best in the game at blocking as well as receiving at the position but he's now being paid as if he is the best offering the skill set of both receiving and blocking.

My main point here is to watch how the Saints, the 49ers with Vernon Davis (they'd be wise to let him walk after 2014), and Julius Jones will all sabotage their teams simply because of one GM's moronic handling of a contract situation by ditching any leverage he had.  If SF caves with Davis like Loomis just had to with Graham, it will absolutely affect other parts of their roster in the future. 

Other teams that need to watch out are teams like Cleveland with the up and coming Cameron or Miami with Clay. Cameron is a FA after 2014, and by not quickly re-upping him into 2013's season, Cleveland is now at the mercy of Mickey Loomis being a moron. 

If you are sold on the player, plan early to pay and don't wait.  Pay on the way up, not on the way down.

Good or great GMs see these things and execute with well structured deals, before they get out of hand from a personnel management standpoint.

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

"BB never caves in or makes the mistake of not seeing a surging market.  The lone time he did cave was with Mankins" I just find these two sentences funny because they are so hypercritical of each other! And before I get attacked Rusty, I love BB!

[/QUOTE]

Lets hope BB was right about Vince. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

You repeating the same thing over and over with no counter-argument is not a bludgeoning.

A bludgeoning is when someone brags about the ny jets cap and personnel management and loses a bet over it like a moron.

That person is you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should not enable a troll like pezzy then?  By you creating that bustify moniker and doing what they do, it encourages them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How is it hypocritical?  He never does, generally speaking.  He had waited too late on mankins based on the market.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

You repeating the same thing over and over with no counter-argument is not a bludgeoning.

A bludgeoning is when someone brags about the ny jets cap and personnel management and loses a bet over it like a moron.

That person is you.

[/QUOTE]

I won that bet