What The Jimmy G Deal Means

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: What The Jimmy G Deal Means

Will someone step in and tell rkrap he lost, please?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I question the true fandom of any Pats fan who calls Belichick "Belidick" .... say what you want about him as a GM but his coaching is top-notch and one of the biggest reasons for this team's success on the field.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should not enable a troll like pezzy then?  By you creating that bustify moniker and doing what they do, it encourages them.

[/QUOTE]

Please...according to you, anyone who does not agree with your agenda enables trolls. This became clear as soon as you started calling people like jri an "enabler of trolls."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You lost

take it like a man

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I question the true fandom of any Pats fan who calls Belichick "Belidick" .... say what you want about him as a GM but his coaching is top-notch and one of the biggest reasons for this team's success on the field.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should not enable a troll like pezzy then?  By you creating that bustify moniker and doing what they do, it encourages them.

[/QUOTE]

Please...according to you, anyone who does not agree with your agenda enables trolls. This became clear as soon as you started calling people like jri an "enabler of trolls."

[/QUOTE]

I have never called him a troll.  Maybe he did something at some point that encouraged trolling.  Sure.

Who do you think "cousteau" is?  Are you really that confused?

Your buddy pezzy walks hand in hand with bustchise/cousteau because their agenda is the same.

Did you or did you not just see pezzy call bb "bellidick"?  What real fan would ever do that?

This element existS because some let it go unchecked or enable it outright.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You lost

take it like a man

[/QUOTE]

Avvy, here is another example of trolling via rkrap a bandwagon pats fan, but a lifelong jets fan.

Apparently, not enough board members told him he lost our bet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You lost

take it like a man

[/QUOTE]

Avvy, here is another example of trolling via rkrap a bandwagon pats fan, but a lifelong jets fan.

Apparently, not enough board members told him he lost our bet.

[/QUOTE]

And I was one of them, even though it was very technical (I believe you had a set time deadline, and the Jets got under it in "x" minutes after the deadline). I think both of you should just drop it, but you did win from what I remember.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have never called him a troll.  Maybe he did something at some point that encouraged trolling.  Sure.

Who do you think "cousteau" is?  Are you really that confused?

Your buddy pezzy walks hand in hand with bustchise/cousteau because their agenda is the same.

Did you or did you not just see pezzy call bb "bellidick"?  What real fan would ever do that?

This element existS because some let it go unchecked or enable it outright.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty, I was referring to Pezz using that name in my first post that you replied to...so yes I saw it.

And no...you said Jri was enabling trolls when he said something positive about Brady against you (or something along this lines...I could try to find the thread again but I don't want to go digging).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Here is that thread (page 2): www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/pressure-really-on-brady/100/7179728?ia=26490268

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

"Dobson and Thompkins impressed as did Harmon and in particular, Collins. That's FIVE NAMES in a draft that had clear, immediate impact. FIVE.

So, everything comes back to Brady. Everything. What will he do to help the team in January? Will he not be asleep for once? Will he?"

Where was Dobson in the AFCCG? 1 catch. Thompkins was out. Logan Ryan? Couldn't stop the force that was 6'3 Demaryius Thomas. Harmon? Invisible. Thomas beasted Collins nabbing 8 catches for 85 yards. The entire defense only gave up 26 points, but allowed 53% 3rd down conversion. FIFTY-THREE PERCENT. Time of possession? Denver with 35 minutes. Are you serious? 

How did Brady do? 24-38 for 277 yds and a TD, ran for another too. He may have missed passes to Edelman and Collie, but those were just two passes. The defense couldn't get off the field and couldn't stop Manning.

But to you, it's always Brady's fault.

Here's one more stat. The defense pressured Manning on 3-of 43 dropbacks. An absymal 7%. And this is ALL Brady's fault?

It's a team game. The whole team stunk. We weren't better than the Broncos on that day. We weren't better than the Ravens or the Giants the years before. THE WHOLE TEAM didn't play well enough. End of story.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Patsdateam's comment:

"Dobson and Thompkins impressed as did Harmon and in particular, Collins. That's FIVE NAMES in a draft that had clear, immediate impact. FIVE.

So, everything comes back to Brady. Everything. What will he do to help the team in January? Will he not be asleep for once? Will he?"

Where was Dobson in the AFCCG? 1 catch. Thompkins was out. Logan Ryan? Couldn't stop the force that was 6'3 Demaryius Thomas. Harmon? Invisible. Thomas beasted Collins nabbing 8 catches for 85 yards. The entire defense only gave up 26 points, but allowed 53% 3rd down conversion. FIFTY-THREE PERCENT. Time of possession? Denver with 35 minutes. Are you serious? 

How did Brady do? 24-38 for 277 yds and a TD, ran for another too. He may have missed passes to Edelman and Collie, but those were just two passes. The defense couldn't get off the field and couldn't stop Manning.

But to you, it's always Brady's fault.

Here's one more stat. The defense pressured Manning on 3-of 43 dropbacks. An absymal 7%. And this is ALL Brady's fault?

It's a team game. The whole team stunk. We weren't better than the Broncos on that day. We weren't better than the Ravens or the Giants the years before. THE WHOLE TEAM didn't play well enough. End of story.

I was talking about their rookie campaigns and how good they all were in their roles as rookies.  I mentioned nothing about the title game.

This stupid notion that somehow this team has no young talent is a fallacy.  A great, big fallacy to deflect from when brady's annual playoff collapse ensues.

Lastly, passing yards are about as relevant today as milli vanilli was in 1988.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Much like the blind squirrel, you are correct on this one.

How this brings any joy to your life I cannot fathom.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I must be a blind squirrel a lot here then, because I am 3-0 with bets and have had many predictions come true. MANY.

As for the "joy" comment, you have some problems.  Please ask RKrap why he cannot admit why he lost a simple bet. Ask him.  The whole point of that bet was to prove to him and everyone here that he was so dumb when it came to understanding the cap, that it would shut him forever.   It's had the opposite effect, hasn't it, big mouth?

My joy would be to never see that fraud ever troll this board again. That would be my "joy", moron.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Will someone step in dog sheiss?

Seriously, what was the bet?  It's impossible to pore through all those reams of drivel above, repeated endlessly thanks to rampant misuse of the reply feature . . .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I must be a blind squirrel a lot here then, because I am 3-0 with bets and have had many predictions come true. MANY.

As for the "joy" comment, you have some problems.  Please ask RKrap why he cannot admit why he lost a simple bet. Ask him.  The whole point of that bet was to prove to him and everyone here that he was so dumb when it came to understanding the cap, that it would shut him forever.   It's had the opposite effect, hasn't it, big mouth?

My joy would be to never see that fraud ever troll this board again. That would be my "joy", moron.

[/QUOTE]

If true that is quite an achievement! Congratulations and continued success!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Will someone step in dog sheiss?

Seriously, what was the bet?  It's impossible to pore through all those reams of drivel above, repeated endlessly thanks to rampant misuse of the reply feature . . .

[/QUOTE]

The bet was the Jets would not be 25 million under the cap like we were on March 12th. 2013 at 12:00 AM like he claimed they would be.

They ended up getting to 22 million about 48 hours later.

His whole premise was that it was easy to do it and we saw the Jets begging Holmes and Cromartie to restructure last minute due to their cap destruction, seasons prior. 

Everyone saw it, witnessed the terms, he lost, and then belligerently would not admit defeat like he still does now.

At one point, he tried to alter the terms to "between 20-25 million" when he was the one who started the thread at "30 million under" as a prediction. So, the nice guy I am, I moved the line to 25 million, so he took that bet thinking he'd win it.

HE's clueless when it comes to understanding the cap, leverage, markets, etc. I made the bet to prove to him and everyone that I absolutely blister him on those topics, and he has no business trying to debate me on it.

It was intended to embarrass and shut him up, but instead he's gone in the other direction making more of a scene about it.

Even my mortal enemies here know I won that bet, Prolate.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

If those are the facts, I guess you won by the letter of the law, but karp won by spirit. Fact is, the Jets got out of their cap problems relatively easily.  As I've said before, cap hell is generally a short term thing. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]

If those are the facts, I guess you won by the letter of the law, but karp won by spirit. Fact is, the Jets got out of their cap problems relatively easily.  As I've said before, cap hell is generally a short term thing. 

[/QUOTE]

That's kind of what I said...Rusty did win the bet but it was on very technical terms (still a win nonetheless).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

That wasnt the bet. I did bot bet they would be $25m under the cap

I bet that they would cut $25m is salary

They did, with Cro restructure announced 15 minutes after midnight

call me a poor sport if you will, but I dont care. For 15 minutes off, I won that bet

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No. The premise was to have your books ready to go and open for the onset of FA.  The Jets were not.  That was the crux of why I offered the wager.

I kept saying NE was 25 million under after the 2012 season and the Jets were OVER the cap. They gutted half their starters and then asked the rest to take cuts, which further alienated being to attract quality FAs.

I not only won the bet, I destroyed him before he even accepted the bet.  You don't seem to get it either. FAs who want to win don't go to teams who go into another FA period OVER the cap.  It means you've over-budgeted and mishandled the long term planning of your roster.

The Pats approach and Jets approach were 180s and RKrap was claiming the Jets disastrous cap position was easily fixable.

As you can see, it's not and it won't be for years to come. They can be 50 million under the cap and they'll still have a thinned out roster that could not have been rebuilt simply by adding a few high end FAs.

No legit FA wants to go there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

That wasnt the bet. I did bot bet they would be $25m under the cap

I bet that they would cut $25m is salary

They did, with Cro restructure announced 15 minutes after midnight

call me a poor sport if you will, but I dont care. For 15 minutes off, I won that bet

[/QUOTE]

No, you started a thread that the Jets would easily be 25 million under the cap which I chuckled at, responded to and challenged you with right there on the spot, witnessed by all.

You can't lie now.

Do not force me to bump that thread again, LIAR.

Even my mortal enemies here will in no way back you on this because they're so uncomfortable watching you lie.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No. The premise was to have your books ready to go and open for the onset of FA.  The Jets were not.  That was the crux of why I offered the wager.

I kept saying NE was 25 million under after the 2012 season and the Jets were OVER the cap. They gutted half their starters and then asked the rest to take cuts, which further alienated being to attract quality FAs.

I not only won the bet, I destroyed him before he even accepted the bet.  You don't seem to get it either. FAs who want to win don't go to teams who go into another FA period OVER the cap.  It means you've over-budgeted and mishandled the long term planning of your roster.

The Pats approach and Jets approach were 180s and RKrap was claiming the Jets disastrous cap position was easily fixable.

As you can see, it's not and it won't be for years to come. They can be 50 million under the cap and they'll still have a thinned out roster that could not have been rebuilt simply by adding a few high end FAs.

[/QUOTE]

I don't usually chime in on these things and I may regret this....nor did I follow this particular dispute closely..

But isn't the underlying issue the football effect of the salary cap management or mismanagement?  The salary cap has no significance in the abstract. It only matters because it effects the team on the field. Basically if you grant the relative meaninglessness of 15 minutes then Rkarp is correct that the Jets cut the requisite amount of cap space..but that's not the real point of the "discussion" is it?

The real point is the cost in football terms in which case Rusty's point, whether you like it or not, is valid.

They cleared the space but their team was negatively impacted. If your team is negatviely impacted on the field by virtue of obligatory cap clearing moves then that's a problem.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to stegall85's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't usually chime in on these things and I may regret this....nor did I follow this particular dispute closely..

But isn't the underlying issue the football effect of the salary cap management or mismanagement?  The salary cap has no significance in the abstract. It only matters because it effects the team on the field. Basically if you grant the relative meaninglessness of 15 minutes then Rkarp is correct that the Jets cut the requisite amount of cap space..but that's not the real point of the "discussion" is it?

The real point is the cost in football terms in which case Rusty's point, whether you like it or not, is valid.

They cleared the space but their team was negatively impacted. If your team is negatviely impacted on the field by virtue of obligatory cap clearing moves then that's a problem.

[/QUOTE]

The Jets finished 8-8

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to stegall85's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Jets finished 8-8

[/QUOTE]

Is that what they were shooting for?

I'm no fan of Rex as a HC but they arguably overachieved last year.

Sections
Shortcuts