What the New York media said at the beginning of the season...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

What the New York media said at the beginning of the season...

With the Pats clinching first place in the AFC and the Jets backing in to the playoffs with a loss, let's look back at what the New York media was saying in April . . . Enjoy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: What the New York media said at the beginning of the season...

What does she know anyway?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

In Response to What the New York media said at the beginning of the season...:
    [QUOTE]With the Pats clinching first place in the AFC and the Jets backing in to the playoffs with a loss, let's look back at what the New York media was saying in April . . . Enjoy! http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/columns/story?columnist=howard_johnette&id=5078659
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

We need to get this posted on the not yets message board!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

A dude dressing like a chick (Johnette).......Yeah that freak is credible.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

my favorite part-

"Has Ryan really been here only one season? Has it really taken less than a year for the Jets to roll out a new stadium, a new franchise quarterback and a swaggering, smashmouth, extravagantly talented team that will be a trendy pick to win it all in 2010?"

Yeah, baby.  how you like it NOW?!?!?!?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I'm sorry...Have the Jets recently acquired a Superbowl title...According to that...reporter or whoever wrote that article...The Jets just have. lol Now here is the million dollar question...Does she still have a job?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Can you say "foot in mouth" . . .  ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: What the New York media said at the beginning of the season...:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry...Have the Jets recently acquired a Superbowl title...According to that...reporter or whoever wrote that article...The Jets just have. lol Now here is the million dollar question...Does she still have a job?
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

Oh come on, this article is just like everything else New York - it values style over substance - in NY you are what you say you are, not what you do - like everywhere else in the world

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In Response to Re: What the New York media said at the beginning of the season...:
    [QUOTE]Can you say "foot in mouth" . . .  ?

New York can't. They HAVE their foot in their mouth.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am in tears reading these quotes.  Priceless NY drivel.  Just an embarrassment to humanity.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

My goodness; this lady was wrong about literally everything. The best part about this, though, is it has a link to a response article by Reiss.

"I like what Tannenbaum and coach Rex Ryan have created in a short period of time.

But let's slow down.

Pioli used to have a note written on the board in his Patriots office that reminded him        that he wasn't collecting talent, but instead, building a team. That process is ever-            evolving and requires a lot more than a few splashy, headline-grabbing moves in March      and April."

A not so subtle reminder that our football team isn't the only thing superior to New York. Our sports writers are too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]With the Pats clinching first place in the AFC and the Jets backing in to the playoffs with a loss, let's look back at what the New York media was saying in April . . . Enjoy! http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/columns/story?columnist=howard_johnette&id=5078659

1 writer does not make the NY Media; having said that, she's a homerish idiot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Wow, that is classic. A lot of the reply posts were very prophetic, this one in particular:

At the end of the day the Jets will still be the Jets! Paper champions! We shall see how bad Rex Ryan's team was exposed from last year! After the Patriots destroy the hopes of Jets fans we shall see what Johnette's excuse of an article shall read!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Living in NY I can tell you that as late as Thanksgiving the media was giddy about an all-NY SB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

You guys have it all wrong. The Jets end of season woes are part of a Rex Ryan secret master plan designed to lull other teams into a false sense of security. Come playoff time the real Jets will emerge. The defense will shut out every opponent, LT will run for 150 yards per game and Sanchez will show that he's twice as good as any other NFL QB.

If you're going to be delusional you might as well make it a big one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

One thing Ms. Howard was right about:  New England is in a rebuilding year.  Which to the rest of the league must be d*mn well terrifying.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Living in NY I can tell you that as late as Thanksgiving the media was giddy about an all-NY SB.
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

Yea I saw it in the Post

Funny to see them make an about-face after the Monday Night slaughter

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]One thing Ms. Howard was right about:  New England is in a rebuilding year.  Which to the rest of the league must be d*mn well terrifying.  

So true prolate0spheroid, so true.  Regardless of what happens this year, if a CBA is agreed upon, and if there's a rookie salary cap - look the heck out - we could be downright filthy, awful, crap-in-your-pants scary.  And I love it!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Living in NY I can tell you that as late as Thanksgiving the media was giddy about an all-NY SB.
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

Living in upstate NY I can add that the amount of brand new Jets gear being worn up here is amazing. Either they were all Jets fans and didn't want to admit it or they may need to add an extention to the Jets bandwagon

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Serious LOLz

I shall file this away and pray I get the chance to re-post this on my Facebook page following a Patriots Super Bowl victory.