What the Pats are sorely missing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

What the Pats are sorely missing

In the SB years we had Antoine Smith, then Corey Dillon carrying the rock and moving the chains on the ground - a balanced attack that would allow TB to shine.

Now we have 3 guys over 30 and an underaching 1st round pick who stinks Thats why the last SB was a few years ago

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

Re: What the Pats are sorely missing

yup. no balance on offense. and our OL is underpowered and is constantly getting Blitzed to high heaven since we pass very predictably. 
    gotta give credit to Darrell Revis, CB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sammykd. Show Sammykd's posts

BJGE is way better than Maroney...why he didn't play yesterday is beyond me

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from L-E-O-N. Show L-E-O-N's posts

What the pats are missing is a fan base that supports them through good times and bad.

Think before replying!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Leon, the jest cheated....Mr. crabtree said the jest are tampering!!!!

Is it true that you once said that you played football? Great story!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sammykd. Show Sammykd's posts

I like the RBs on the team -  BJGE for hitting it hard and he's young, Sammy Morris and Fred Taylor (what I saw of him) and of course Faulk.  Maroney was okay yesterday, but I'm not a fan of all his dancing.

I think what they are sorely missing is the desire to run trick plays, to try to strip the ball every time - basically do anything and everything to win, even if it's by the fingernails.  They had no desire yesterday and were just flat.  The offense was terrible and Joey Galloway has no business making drops like that as a veteran.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

I agree

This is a different team. Give them a chance to find their rhythm. 

this is SEPTEMBER FOOTBALL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Cut and paste from another thread...

I've said this before and I'm saying it again, THE SINGLE BIGGEST LOSS THE PAT'S HAVE SUFFERED IN BILL'S TENURE WAS THE LOSS OF CHARLIE WEISS.

It's something we've never quite recovered from.  We were in the red zone multiple times against the Jets and instead of powering it in, we tried to finesse it.  Charlie would have run some counter and off tackle and pounded it in, only when we couldnt squeeze it in with the first couple of downs would he run a short play action to a tight end.

The formations were the same in the 2nd half that they were in the first, two split out to the left and Moss in motion on the right.  I dont see any halftime adjustments? 

We averaged 4.2 yards rushing as a team but Maroney and Taylor, our horses, averaged nearly 6 yards per carry.  We were running effectively.  But it seems as if the top brass didnt learn a lesson from 2007 that a passing team isnt nearly as effective in a tight match as a team that can run the ball.  2007 was a fantasy stat geek's dream, but it's not how you win in the post season or against divisional opponents who look at every game against us as a super bowl.

I miss the days of smash mouth football, power running and an attacking defense that was constantly fresh because they didnt spend the entire game out on the field.  Charlie Weiss had a simple philosophy, get first downs not touch downs, be good in third down situations and always get 6 when you get in the red zone.  I think Bill needs a real offensive play caller; he is the defensive guru and he needs a polar opposite on the other side of the ball.

Let's hope Notre Dame crashes and burns...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

I agree.  The Pats need to stick more with one or two running backs and pound the ball more.  Until they show they can run the ball better, teams will continue to blitz often.  They also need to be a little more creative on offense.  It seems they run the same plays that everyone has seen a hundred times, and it is too obvious.  Faulk was hardly used yesterday.  Their special teams need to get better also.  Let this be a wakeup call for the Pats.  Other teams are getter better, and they better bring their A game all the time.

Sections
Shortcuts