WHAT THE TEAM NEEDS TO WORK ON

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

WHAT THE TEAM NEEDS TO WORK ON

Oline~ sucks both in the run and pass
    no wideout threat~ 85 ain't getting it done neither is anyone else
    running game~ goes along with the oline
    dbs~looked slow and small

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: WHAT THE TEAM NEEDS TO WORK ON

Yeah the wideouts worry me. I wasn't thrilled when they traded for Ocho, he just seemed like something we didn't need...another older wideout that my have lost a step or two. I'm not concerned with the running game (a lot of guys are out). I'm disapointed in some of our young talent...Chung, Butler, and even McCourty to an extent. Our two second rounders from Florida need to get out on the field as well. Chung has got to do better than that, you can't cover like that and be considered a elite player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goosedaddy. Show goosedaddy's posts

o-line, miserable about got Brady killed
      deep threat- none, cut 85, he's awful
       running game- see o-line, awful
      dbs- worst talent in football

gaurantee I could complete a slant against this defense  and 'm 50 yrs old

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Is Branch even playing?  Has he even got a pass this pre-season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Wow. A lot of overreaction due to one preseason game. Calm down folks. The 2004 Patriots got spanked in 3 of their 4 preseason games. We know how that season turned out.

There's a reason that they're preseason games. They're meaningless and are a time to address problems with the team.

Everyone chill.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: WHAT THE TEAM NEEDS TO WORK ON:
    Wow. A lot of overreaction due to one preseason game. Calm down folks. The 2004 Patriots got spanked in 3 of their 4 preseason games. There's a reason that they're preseason games. They're meaningless and are a time to address problems with the team. Every chill.
    Posted by vertigho

People are discussing the game.  That's what forums are for.  The Patriots sucked tonight so that's what we will talk about.  We all know we are still winning the Super Bowl.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

84 and 85 are not getting it done.  Anyone have Randy's phone #?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

the 3rd game is the supposedly most important game....and they failed in all areas

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

cheap trick is on Austin City Limits....cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

84 and 85 are not getting it done.  Anyone have Randy's phone #?
    Posted by tcal2-

I agree, call him a 1 trick pony but he does have at least 2 defenders covering him. I think Moss is coming back!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

cheap trick is on Austin City Limits....cool
    Posted by Harleyroadking-11

Hopefully the stage doesn't collapse!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: WHAT THE TEAM NEEDS TO WORK ON : I agree, call him a 1 trick pony but he does have at least 2 defenders covering him. I think Moss is coming back!
    Posted by FLY2K

So who do you release? How much are you going to pay him at an amount he will accept?  What is going to happen when he doesn't get as many passes as he would like?  As you know I assume the Patriots typicall spread the ball around a lot!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

Rocky hopefully the stage is solid....terrible tragedy. Pats are stuck with 85 and his 4mil contract 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Paying this guy 4 million, Ellis 4 million and of course the Haynesworth dillema scare me. We've been fiscally responsible for too long and then we go out and spend it on them and bring in a guy like Haynesworth? Don't get me wrong, it all could work out and I'm glad they did something, but why not a young guy? Or a guy last year. They were so worried about what the new cap was going to look like, as it turns out, even a team like the Jets are 10 million under the cap and we have 9 million more to spend.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

McCourty Looked terrible tonight! What happened to the pass rush for the 1st 2 pre-season games? It looked like a totally different team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

I can't tell if it was the D-Line not getting to the QB that made the secondary look bad, or the secondary's poor coverage that made the d-line look bad.  But as bad as they looked tonight, it's just one game.  The offense could have put up more points, but there were some situations were they were down by so much that they had to be more aggressive, and it didn't work out for them.  Glad they got Brady out of there without any injuries, and time to move on to game 4.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This team needs to work on getting a better GM.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: WHAT THE TEAM NEEDS TO WORK ON : I agree, call him a 1 trick pony but he does have at least 2 defenders covering him. I think Moss is coming back!
    Posted by FLY2K

Granted, the lengthening the field is important - but that's not the reason why we got beat last night. If someone gets to Brady in 1-2 seconds - it doesn't mean much if a guy is running a long route because he'll still be trying to get separation at that point in the route.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm not sure the O-line is awful, but I think defenses with good interior rushers have figured out how to blow up the spread formations we use so much.  This has been a problem for a while now, and it reared its ugly head big time last night.  This game reminded me of the Jets playoff game.  We came out in spread, the defense created great pressure, and we had no answer.  I really think we need to figure out how to run the offense from tight formations.  That doesn't mean putting BJGE in to run once every ten plays, it means lining up play after play in a tight formation and running and passing from that formation.  As it is, the Pats come out in spread and pass (with occasional draws to Woodhead mixed in) or they come out in a running formation with BJGE and very predictable send Benny up the middle.  

I think we need to threaten run more regularly . . . and pass more when we're showing run. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Offenive line=STINKS Period!!!!!They have STUNK EVER SINCE THE 2007 SB...
    Wr=every singled one STINKS period!!!!! Terriable #1wr, Terriable #2wr, except 4 Welker------------ />Triple teamed on every god damm play or gets killed when he catches the ball(wont last long)
    0 Pass Rush, no playmakers 2 get 2 the QB
    Kraft=Very Cheap now, doesen't want 2 pay 4 high impact Wr's or high impact passrushers anymore ever again because he doesent care now that he has 3 rings and tom Brady there to continue sell outs 4 him at the stadium
    Belicheck=Out coached the past 4 years when it counts!!!!! NOT THE SAME COACH ANYMORE

Sections
Shortcuts