What they are saying in 49'er land.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What they are saying in 49'er land.....

Took a look at the fan posts for the two SF newspaper sites and much of it echoed what I saw from Houston fans.  Lot's of confidence in their D and downplaying how good the Pats D is.  Many feel Kapernick (sic?) can sling it with Brady and get the 49'ers on top quick.  Didn't we also see much said about how good the Texans D is and do we believe the 49'ers O is better than the Texans?  We shall see next Sunday!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: What they are saying in 49'er land.....

I'll admit that I generally read the opposition's fan forums the week before the game to see if I can get some tidbits from fans who know their team better than I do although there is a lot of bs to wade through.  I never post though!  Anyways the Houston fans were definitely really really cocky.  I haven't done much 49er reading, but I imagine if they watched MNF they can't be as bad.  Maybe I'm wrong though.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

The 49ers have what is for them a bigger game the following week, @ Seattle.  Obviously they consider themselves an elite team so they want to have a good showing against the Pats, but they gotta know in the back of their minds that if they lose to NE they still win their division with a win against the Seahawks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

they are obviously going to be confident, they have a very good team. i think this will be a bigger test for the patriots then the texans game was......hopefully the offense and defense both continue to play well and feed off eachother's energy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

kapernick can run and brings energy but he cannot "sling it"-not that I have seen anyway

If by sling you mean throw the ball around and deep then yes, Colin can sling that ball.  Dude has a monster arm.  But he has no where near the accuracy or experience that TFB has. 

He will give the Patriots more problems then Smith would have.  PLus he is young and his lack of expereince may cause him to take some chances that a veteran normally wouldn't and this can be good or bad.  And we all know about taking chances, if they work they are great but if they don't work then they are horrible.  Hopefully Kaps won't be the great kind.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

they are obviously going to be confident, they have a very good team. i think this will be a bigger test for the patriots then the texans game was......hopefully the offense and defense both continue to play well and feed off eachother's energy.

agree with all that soxfan

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to JintsFan's comment:

kapernick can run and brings energy but he cannot "sling it"-not that I have seen anyway

If by sling you mean throw the ball around and deep then yes, Colin can sling that ball.  Dude has a monster arm.  But he has no where near the accuracy or experience that TFB has. 

He will give the Patriots more problems then Smith would have.  PLus he is young and his lack of expereince may cause him to take some chances that a veteran normally wouldn't and this can be good or bad.  And we all know about taking chances, if they work they are great but if they don't work then they are horrible.  Hopefully Kaps won't be the great kind.

agree with your assessmnet tfb

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Alton smith is the best player on the 49ers D and he's about to find out what it's like to go up against a stout O-lineman,Just like 99 found out last week Watt only looked lost and was unable to disrupt Brady and company.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

This game is strength against strength.  Best offense against best defense.  The difference in this PATS team is the running game.  We are also the most balanced offense.  Number five in passing and number seven in run.  Play action has been big.  Teams have to respect the run and can't just tee off against the pass.  Once again, play calling and mixing it up will be a major factor.  BB will have the defense ready, and limot their biggest weapons.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Hey Gints Fan.

First of all, keep in mind that I have a great deal of respect for Bill Parcells because he helped put the Pats on the Map.  I also respect your team as opposed to the team in green.  

But having said all that, I would like to ask how many Super Bowls did Bill Parcells win WITH Bill Belichick on his staff?  Next I would like to ask how many Super Bowls did Bill Parcells win  WITHOUT Bill Belichick on his staff?

Just food for thought.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

So, we have a quarterback on a hot team who can run his old college running plays just great, but he doesn't have any throwing accuracy.  Gradually teams are getting familiar with him. 

Would his name, perchance, be Tim Tebow?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

THis game is not about Cleveland! Or Parcells!!

You really have to expect that this will be a tough game. SF is a tough team. And balanced on O and D. And they have some of the things that can kill us: some really good pass rushers (SMith being the best), fast LBs (do not forget Willis), a QB who can throw deep, and a few guys who can stretch the field (not just Moss) including their TE. And a tough tough and dangerous RB and depth at RB. And a tough coach.

I give the Pats the edge but they wil have to play a really, really good game to win this one.

If I had to call it I would say we have a lead of 3-7 points in the fourth and put together the drive that will make it a 2 score game. That drive will be a combination of running (Ridley and/or Bolden) and play action passes.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts