What they are saying in 49'er land.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Re: What they are saying in 49'er land.....

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey Gints Fan.

First of all, keep in mind that I have a great deal of respect for Bill Parcells because he helped put the Pats on the Map.  I also respect your team as opposed to the team in green.  

But having said all that, I would like to ask how many Super Bowls did Bill Parcells win WITH Bill Belichick on his staff?  Next I would like to ask how many Super Bowls did Bill Parcells win  WITHOUT Bill Belichick on his staff?

Just food for thought.

[/QUOTE]

two things: he knew what he had in BB and took him along when he went to the Jets

keep in mind when Parcells went to the Pats, Cowboys and Jets he took over losing organizations and turned them around-it's asking a lot to win SB's with 4 losing organizations, but he took the Pats to one and Jets to AFCCG and Cowboys to the playoffs-you have to remember Parcells loves to rebuild and then he has no problem moving along or handing it off-like he planned with BB in NY

I would also caution you that by this logic you are opening up the debate which drives BB lovers like Rusty crazy: what did Bill Bellichick win without Tom Brady?

remember, BB failed as a coach in Cleveland. To be honest while others cite owner uncertainty and questions of control BB had when he didn't take Jets job I think it may be that he didn't want to follow Bill Parcells after failing in Cleveland

[/QUOTE]

Well we'll just have to disagree on the bulk of this issue.  

However, I would like to add just one thing and that is on another post I believe you compared Belichick's handling of the media to Parcells.  

As a Long time Pat's fan I followed Parcells comments to the Boston Media when he coached the Pats.  Although he could be very funny at times, he actually was a tyrant when it came to the local media.  I saw him on numerous occasions chew the interviewer out for asking stupid questions.  I'll never forget one time when I think it was the guy from channel 5 at the time asked if the Pats victory against the Jets was because he did a better job coaching.  Parcells blew up and called the guy a f----cing a----hole for asking such a stupid f-----ing question.  Of course it got bleeped out but you could read lips and knew what was said.

From that point forward, the media were like sheep asking Parcells questions and only asked the type of questions that they thought Parcells would like to keep it light and humorous.

OTOH, Belichick doesn't tell the media sh--t and that's one reason why they probably don't like him too much.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the switch to kapernick will sink them.  Sf's d is better than houston's but how they want use kapernick won't fool a bb d.

Bb set the blueprint last year on tebow just did it last week with leaving johnson In single and focusing on his secondary options.

This week gore is foster, vernon davis is owen daniels, but kapernick is vick/roethlisberger or luck.  Edge him on the strong side, mix man and zone,  don't let him scramble.

[/QUOTE]

You could also say that Gore is Marshon Lynch and CK is Russell Wilson and with that defense, there's your blue print...

Lets hope the Oinel brings their A-game

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

I'm thinking that a BB game plan will throw things at Collin K that he could never dream abiut, causing typical rookie errors. If his game plan can rattle a passer like Schaub, then Collin is in for a loooooong night. If the D plays as well as they did vs the Texans, it'll be a long flight back to the City By The Bay.

BB will probably make the 49'ers one dimensional by taking away Gore and the running game, and forcing Collin to do things to win the game, which if tougher on a rookie just implananted as the starter. Lot of expectation to live up to. Whereas, Smith was more of a game manager. Shame he's not playing. Funny how he's been pulled despite his stats. The 49'er HC will live and ultimately die with his selection of starting QB's. Maybe he's going into this game just to see what the rookie has, and if he's got what it takes to get them another SB championship. Lose? No problem, they're learnign more about teh kid under pressure. A game in late November and a game in late December, while in closing scenes of a playoff run are very different games. I also believe that the 49'ers can afford to lose this game, in their minds, as it's a noin-conference game. Gotta believe that they are looking ahead at the Seahawks game. Let's hope so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

First of all, keep in mind that I have a great deal of respect for Bill Parcells because he helped put the Pats on the Map.  I also respect your team as opposed to the team in green.  

You must mean the Phila. Eagles.  They are pathetic, mostly because of injuries this year, but the new QB, as he gains more experience, will help them next year.  The Dog Killer is done.    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yes, he did.  Good thing the Giants knew who to copy.  I wouldn't brag on a wounded duck throw on a non-holding call, though.

You wouldn't have SBs in 1986 and in 1991 without BB either. It's very odd you don't respect BB, considering he's the main reason your 1980s Ds emerged and helped win the only SBs in the pre cap era.

[/QUOTE]

I have great respect for Bellichick-best disciple Bill Parcells ever had!

which brings us back to how odd it is you have so little respect for The Master

know why BB has been successful as a GM and HC? Hint: Bill Parcells and George Young

[/QUOTE]

How many SBs did Parcells win without BB? - 0 How many has BB won without Parcells? - 3

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

IMHO. This is the best defense the Pats will see all year. Pass protect use two TE sets. Houston would have played better with Cushing and Reed. Niners have Bowman, Willis and Brooks all are healthy.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think the switch to kapernick will sink them.  Sf's d is better than houston's but how they want use kapernick won't fool a bb d.

Bb set the blueprint last year on tebow just did it last week with leaving johnson In single and focusing on his secondary options.

This week gore is foster, vernon davis is owen daniels, but kapernick is vick/roethlisberger or luck.  Edge him on the strong side, mix man and zone,  don't let him scramble.

[/QUOTE]

uh huh just like he set the "blueprint" the Jints "followed" to win two SB's-LOLOL!!

[/QUOTE]

Even the best in the business cant beat sh!t luck.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jerh5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

uh huh just like he set the "blueprint" the Jints "followed" to win two SB's-LOLOL!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

or maybe the best in the business dont need it either  :  )

The Mighty Eli !!

[/QUOTE]

You keep telling that to everyone. Maybe you'll start to believe it someday.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to jerh5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

or maybe the best in the business dont need it either  :  )

The Mighty Eli !!

[/QUOTE]

You mean the iconsistent, schizophrenic Eli... the same QB who has missed the playoffs almost as many times as he has made the playoffs... the same QB who has a higher INT % than such active luminous QB's such as Michael Vick, Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, Joe Flacco... and a higher INT rate than such all time greats as Tony Banks, John Friez, Jeff Blake...

Yeah 142 picks in 9 years I guess 16 picks a year makes you really "mighty"

[/QUOTE]

maybe not but 2 sb rings and 2 sb mvps just might!  ;  )

[/QUOTE]

Nah, based  on the numbers it just makes him Mark Rypien.

[/QUOTE]

Mark Rypien! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

could carry eli's bags to the airport

and you know Tom Brady without Vinitieri and that D might have made him Jim Kelly.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry the numbers don't lie. :)

[/QUOTE]

neither do these:

TWO sb rings and TWO sb mvps

no d, no vinitieri = jim kelly

sorry it's all true

[/QUOTE]

All teams have kickers. Did you want us to play without a kicker? I know we are good, but damn!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.