What they are saying in 49'er land.....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

Re: What they are saying in 49'er land.....

This thread has become impossible to read and now seems to have nothing to do with the 49ers game.  A pity .  .  .

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

There is an article in the chronicle about how Aldon Smith used to embarass Solder in college. I hope there will be a revenge factor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

In response to LuvsThosePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

This thread has become impossible to read and now seems to have nothing to do with the 49ers game.  A pity .  .  .

[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing. Jints trolling, ruining threads, I wish we had a moderated forum with IP banning

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

In response to xBruzer77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is an article in the chronicle about how Aldon Smith used to embarass Solder in college. I hope there will be a revenge factor.

[/QUOTE]

Good article, although, to be fair, I think he only embarassed him that one game. We'll see if Solder has improved, although Aldon beats a LOT of guys. I'm thinking he breaks Strahan's record. Hopefully not in this Sundays game though

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I think it's going to be the third statement game in a row by NE.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Alcon smith wot toys me.  We may need to keep a te in to block or a back for some insurance.  I'd like to see some 2 back sets.  Run and play action out of that. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

i defense of eli, tb's first sb mvp came at the foot of av. how do you get an mvp with less than 150 throwing yards. was it the last drive? bottom line is that some qbs perform better under pressure than others and with 8 plus 4th quarter comebacks last regular season, i think i figured which performs better with the season on the line. my 2 sense.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Took a look at the fan posts for the two SF newspaper sites and much of it echoed what I saw from Houston fans.  Lot's of confidence in their D and downplaying how good the Pats D is.  Many feel Kapernick (sic?) can sling it with Brady and get the 49'ers on top quick.  Didn't we also see much said about how good the Texans D is and do we believe the 49'ers O is better than the Texans?  We shall see next Sunday!! 

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!  A Patriot fan calling out a fan of an opposing team as arrogant??  The only arrogance is coming from your side:

"The 49ers are just like the Texans".  Right.  They gave up 42 FN points to the Packers.   Our D dominated the Packers.  They gave up 37 points to the Jaguars too, so give me a break.  Their D is nothing remotely close to ours, and anyone that watches football even casually would know this.

Our D dominated the #2 and #3 Offenses in the NFL in N.O and Detroit, and beyond that the Pat's O has a history of being held way below it's normal output when they face a D the caliber of ours, or even less (Giants). 

So, why shouldn't we be confident?  God knows you guys sure are.  Supposedly we have no O too and our QB is a joke, or he's a "running QB" that was only put in to run the wildcat. Did you even watch Monday night V Chicago?  Kaepernick threw quite a bit, didn't he.  Reading these posts it's very clear you guys don't even know your opponent, other than they're "just like the Texans" and it's another "blowout" game for N.E.

We will see Sunday.  May the best team win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

kapernick can run and brings energy but he cannot "sling it"-not that I have seen anyway

[/QUOTE]

If by sling you mean throw the ball around and deep then yes, Colin can sling that ball.  Dude has a monster arm.  But he has no where near the accuracy or experience that TFB has. 

He will give the Patriots more problems then Smith would have.  PLus he is young and his lack of expereince may cause him to take some chances that a veteran normally wouldn't and this can be good or bad.  And we all know about taking chances, if they work they are great but if they don't work then they are horrible.  Hopefully Kaps won't be the great kind.

[/QUOTE]

Why do you state this? They lost to STL and barely won last week.  Since the moved to Kapernick, their offense has been far more sporadic and less consistent.

Smith was at 70% compl and had won player of the week at least once this year. Kapernick, as a rookie, is under the gun and most good coaches have field days with rookie QBs with film out on them.

You and BdBreu have poor analysis.   Kapernick likes to make plays out of the pocket, so the gameplan is simple, which is bad news for the 49ers. BB will stack the box and have the pistol taken out like he did the wildcat last year.

These gimmick offenses will not work on the pro level. It's comical every year we see the media fall for it and some fans also fall for it.

[/QUOTE]

(A) he's not a rookie.

(B) In 5 games his QB rating is 97, and he's completing 65% of his passes. He's extremely accurate, and if nothing else you'll learn that Sunday night.  Anyone that's watched him already knows this. 

And if our 27-13 win over Miami is "almost losing", then what was your 23-16 win??  Almost losing more?

It's going to be a good, close game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to Casportsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

kapernick can run and brings energy but he cannot "sling it"-not that I have seen anyway

[/QUOTE]

If by sling you mean throw the ball around and deep then yes, Colin can sling that ball.  Dude has a monster arm.  But he has no where near the accuracy or experience that TFB has. 

He will give the Patriots more problems then Smith would have.  PLus he is young and his lack of expereince may cause him to take some chances that a veteran normally wouldn't and this can be good or bad.  And we all know about taking chances, if they work they are great but if they don't work then they are horrible.  Hopefully Kaps won't be the great kind.

[/QUOTE]

Why do you state this? They lost to STL and barely won last week.  Since the moved to Kapernick, their offense has been far more sporadic and less consistent.

Smith was at 70% compl and had won player of the week at least once this year. Kapernick, as a rookie, is under the gun and most good coaches have field days with rookie QBs with film out on them.

You and BdBreu have poor analysis.   Kapernick likes to make plays out of the pocket, so the gameplan is simple, which is bad news for the 49ers. BB will stack the box and have the pistol taken out like he did the wildcat last year.

These gimmick offenses will not work on the pro level. It's comical every year we see the media fall for it and some fans also fall for it.

[/QUOTE]

(A) he's not a rookie.

(B) In 5 games his QB rating is 97, and he's completing 65% of his passes. He's extremely accurate, and if nothing else you'll learn that Sunday night.  Anyone that's watched him already knows this. 

And if our 27-13 win over Miami is "almost losing", then what was your 23-16 win??  Almost losing more?

It's going to be a good, close game.

[/QUOTE]

CA, no need to get your panties in a bunch. I think most Pats fans have much respect for the 9ers, and expect a good game. There will be some who see a blowout coming; so what? They are Pats fans, talking on a Pats fan site.

I expect the Patriots to win, though I have super respect for the 9ers D. I just think this will be a game of field position, and I think the 9ers will have significant trouble moving the ball with a (for all intents and purposes) rookie QB playing in weather the likes of which he has yet to experience as a pro. The Patriots should win the time of possession battle, and I believe the 9ers D will tire in the end.

And I could be 100% wrong. Good luck to you, and here's hoping both teams show themselves well.

Relax, and enjoy the game.

Sections
Shortcuts