What they will get

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

What they will get

The "rumors" say a 3rd rounder, but honestly unless a player is involved this is impossible. If Moss walks they will get a 3rd rounder as compensation in free agency and get to keep him for the rest of the year. So under logical thinking it will be at LEAST a 2nd rounder

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: What they will get

Besides a lot of pissed off fans.... Probably not anything we will be happy with.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

In Response to Re: What they will get:
    Besides a lot of pissed off fans.... Probably not anything we will be happy with.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

A first rounder wouldnt wet your whistle?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

We aren't getting a first rounder.  And if we do it will turn into a late 3rd rounder and a late 5th rounder come draft day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bombdog. Show bombdog's posts

Hey Brady Moss Fan it seems pretty aparent from news sources that Moss is forcing this trade, and if he does not get it he is going to beacome a major pain in the a**. My question to you is what do u think the Pats should do let this becaome a major disruption in the lockerroom,or deal with the problem and get what they can for him ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Sign him to an extension, that's what should have been done from the get go.   Can you seriously not see his side of this?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bombdog. Show bombdog's posts

I can see his side of this. But i truly beleive that the pats had no intention of resigning him next year. For Moss to come out now and force a trade just shows how selfish he is. He will still make 9 millon this year either way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm not sure they were planning to either, and Randy had this feeling too, That's why he is forcing the issue now!  Not that I like it but very smart on his part.   Again, he has to think of his future just as we would of ours.  He has a lot more leverage now then he might after the season.  What if he got injured this season, where would his leverage be at then?

All he was looking for was security, something the Pats gave Brady but not willing to give him.  Do you really blame him for this? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nishan6t4. Show nishan6t4's posts

Trade randy moss for sidney rice!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In Response to What they will get:
    The "rumors" say a 3rd rounder, but honestly unless a player is involved this is impossible. If Moss walks they will get a 3rd rounder as compensation in free agency and get to keep him for the rest of the year. So under logical thinking it will be at LEAST a 2nd rounder
    Posted by Bspikes55

Hopefully Jared Allen or Adrian Peterson - only way I will be happy with it. Sick of seeing good players traded for low draft picks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

well, what i heard is a second and a fifth- i guarentee it is substantially more than just a third because that is what the pats would receive as a compensatory pick if they kept him and he left as a free agent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

I'm not sure they were planning to either, and Randy had this feeling too, That's why he is forcing the issue now!  Not that I like it but very smart on his part.   Again, he has to think of his future just as we would of ours.  He has a lot more leverage now then he might after the season.  What if he got injured this season, where would his leverage be at then? All he was looking for was security, something the Pats gave Brady but not willing to give him.  Do you really blame him for this? 
    Posted by BradyMossFan

Randy signed a rather lucrative three-year contract extension with the Pats in 2008. I know this sounds crazy, but I feel like if a player signs a deal to play for a team for another three years, he should, you know, play all three instead of playing two and starting to whine about getting an extension. If he wanted to make a new deal with the Pats after two years, he should have signed a two-year extension in 2008.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see where the Pats disrespected him in any way by expecting him to honor his deal and act like a professional for the $6.4 million they're giving him this season. (Base salary, btw. Cap hit is $11.25 mil.)

Does $6.4 million not = security? It sounds secure to me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: What they will get : Randy signed a rather lucrative  three-year contract extension with the Pats in 2008. I know this sounds crazy, but I feel like if a player signs a deal to play for a team for another three years, he should, you know, play all three instead of playing two and starting to whine about getting an extension. If he wanted to make a new deal with the Pats after two years, he should have signed a two-year extension in 2008. I'm sorry, but I fail to see where the Pats disrespected him in any way by expecting him to honor his deal and act like a professional for the $6.4 million they're giving him this season. (Base salary, btw. Cap hit is $11.25 mil.) Does $6.4 million not = security? It sounds secure to me.
    Posted by PeaceLaur

Good point.  I'm thinking problem child is rising up again, and since the Pats obviously are preparing for NO season next year, they will just load up on young players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to What they will get:
    Posted by Bspikes55

I assume you meant the draft. At any rate, that's not entirely true anyway. If Moss leaves via free agency, what the Pats get as a compensation pick is determined by some formula that balances players lost vs players signed through FA. If the Pats sign nobody of significance (likely given the track record) than a 3rd rounder seems plausible. The NFL, however, is not like MLB with their "Type A/B..." free agents.

I like Moss. Love what he's done, but anyone seeing him on the field can't deny that the fire doesn't burn as brightly as it did in 07 or even 08. Remember that catch he snagged from Cassel on the side of the endzone in 08 when Cassel threw an absolute missle while rolling out...amazing catch. And this past Sunday lets a very catchable TD right through his fingers and doesn't even look that dissappointed. I don't think he's "disgruntled", I just don't think he's as excited to be here as he once was. A classic "change of scenery" type situation. He'll tear it up in MIN.

Assuming a rookie salary cap is on it's way, maybe this is the year BB actually goes up and gets the players he wants since there aren't absurd rookie contracts to hand out anymore.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chromatic8. Show chromatic8's posts

I don't think he's doing anything dishonorable. He hasn't said he won't play if he doesn't get a contract extension. He hasn't said he won't play if the Pats don't trade him. He has spoken about what he needs for himself at this stage of his career but has been explicit that he intends to fulfill his obligations.  So where's all this stuff coming from about him not honoring his contract?  A wish for something better is not the same as refusing to play if you don't get it.  He's no Vincent Jackson or Logan Mankins.

Not sure this is the best career move for him though, in that with Brady and the up and coming receivers, people can't afford to double cover him for more than a few more weeks and he'll put up great stats. With the Vikes, he'll get to play with Favre for part of one year but what after that?  With a lesser quarterback, will he even get the chance to play out that contract before he's traded again or cut for cost savings?  For his sake, I hope the guaranteed money's enough to make the whole deal worthwhile.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

Moss is declining an extension would not be smart, veeeeeeery few players have played a skill position at an all pro level in thier mid 30's

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

looks like a third rounder, i'm happy with that. we got value back from the 4th we gave up for him

Sections
Shortcuts