What type of receiving night do you see Edelman having vs the Jets?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

What type of receiving night do you see Edelman having vs the Jets?

More then 1 TD receiving?

More the 100 yards receiving?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Re: What type of receiving night do you see Edelman having vs the Jets?

TB is going to go throw to Incredelman only 2 times....(EARLY and OFTEN)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think this is a tough game for the passing offense, and the defense and Oline need to win this game ( I think they will, but very close game)

I think Rex has Cro cover Julian all day man to man, and sends 5 and 6 after Brady all day. In a field position game, Washington, Allen and Ghost need to come up big. Ridley has 120 yds on the ground

Pats 19  Jets 17

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

I'm with you on this one, rkarp.

Oline, defense, and special teams really need to step up. But this is also the chance for Thompkins to redeem himself after a poor first game. Chance for him to show he can correct the mental mistakes he made.

WR depth chart for the game: Edelman, KT, Boyce?

I wonder if the Jets are going to disrespect the rookies, and put a lot of people in the box to stop our running game? If so, they really need to make them pay.

But to your question, TFB. 1 TD, 80-90 yards for Edelman. He is the primary target for the evening, but anything more than this, and it will mean the other receivers haven't done enough. I still have faith they will emerge, and see something like 60-70 yards and a TD for Thompkins, 40 yards for Boyce, and 50-60 yards split between the running backs and tight ends. Not a huge game in terms of passing yards.

In the ground game I see Ridley just short of a 100 yards and a TD. Blount will chip in, and Washington as a change of pace back will do okay.

With the offense not being as explosive as we are used to, the margin of victory will be decided by how well the defense plays. 24-17 Patriots in a close game, but not a total nail-biter.

Supra societatem nemo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:

Incredelman. I love it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hopefully a healthy one. We can't afford to lose him too

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

good points rkarp...given Edelman is the best we have right now, the jets could slide Cro on him and try to neutralize him making Brady go to the rooks. That would be a smart gameplan, to force the rooks and Brady to connect and disrupt timing by constantly bringing pressure on Brady and jamming the wr's from time to time.... However, I am curious if Cro could neutralize Edelman? Edelman may be too quick and cro doesn't have the greatest quickness nor short area agility of Edelman. Maybe Rex puts cro on thompkins which is what I would do. Make the pats beat you with Edelman?

i know one thing....someone other than Edelman needs to have a strong game Catching the ball. so who emerges? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I think this is a tough game for the passing offense, and the defense and Oline need to win this game ( I think they will, but very close game)

I think Rex has Cro cover Julian all day man to man, and sends 5 and 6 after Brady all day. In a field position game, Washington, Allen and Ghost need to come up big. Ridley has 120 yds on the ground

Pats 19  Jets 17

I agreed with you all the way until "Jets 17" the Jet's will not score 17 points.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

0, The Jets are going to try to take him away. Force the kids to beat them.

Aaron Dobson # 17 Marshall U

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1009021/1zdtb8m_jpg.gif

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:

He used to be Edelwoman a few months ago. What 1 game does to fans.Tongue Out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Almost like 1 catch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Pats 19  Jets 17

I see a similar scenario. I think this game will be incredibly close and low scoring.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Also, Edelman is not the best we have. He's just the most knowledgeable in the system. If Brady had faith in the rooks, Edelman would be back to 4th in the line-up behind The Manny, Dobson and JB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

They'll def try to lockdown Incredelman (love this nickname) but he'll get open from time to time. I see a big game from Ridley to make up from the Bills game. We also resigned Mulligan so I can see alot of emphasis on the running game. The kids are gonna have to step up tonight. Thompkins has Brady's trust (14 targets last week) he just needs to get on the same level as him. Boyce will def have a bigger role and Hopefully Dobson will be stretching the field.

All in all, I think this team will be fine. It was only the 1st game, they will all gel together soon enough.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Also, Edelman is not the best we have. He's just the most knowledgeable in the system. If Brady had faith in the rooks, Edelman would be back to 4th in the line-up behind The Manny, Dobson and JB.

Well, Amendola is hurt, Boyce hasn't looked sharp in the few snaps he got, and Dobson was behind both Thompkins and Boyce coming out of camp so until they either improve or Amendola can get healthy then yes Edelman is the best they have (scary huh)

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

I think cro will on thompkins and julian will have some opportunities tonight.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

In response to APpats22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They'll def try to lockdown Incredelman (love this nickname) but he'll get open from time to time. I see a big game from Ridley to make up from the Bills game. We also resigned Mulligan so I can see alot of emphasis on the running game. The kids are gonna have to step up tonight. Thompkins has Brady's trust (14 targets last week) he just needs to get on the same level as him. Boyce will def have a bigger role and Hopefully Dobson will be stretching the field.

All in all, I think this team will be fine. It was only the 1st game, they will all gel together soon enough.

I just wonder if they think Cromartie can stay with Edelman. Cromartie does better against the longer range targets, not the quicker shiftier ones like an Edelman.

That will leave whoever else on a dwarf like WIlson or top 10 potential draft bust, Milliner.

I still think this is a game where Boyce emerges.  

[/QUOTE]

I think they'll keep Cro on someone less shifty like KT or Dobson. Most likely KT. That'll probably lead Edelman or Boyce to abuse poor wittle Wilson. I can see Leon Washington have a limited Vereen like role tonight. I agree that this is Boyce's chance to shine.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

hopefully, not that many. By that, I mean - I'm hoping the other receivers will catch more passes this week. NY Jets will most likely focus on Edelman - so, it makes sense for Brady to look for other options if Edelman is covered like a blanket.

Sections
Shortcuts