What us Fans Want and what us Fans will Get!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

What us Fans Want and what us Fans will Get!

I know we all have dreams of Mario Williams getting 20 sacks for us next year or Vincent Jackson catching 15 TD passes from Brady but the reality is, it will probably be a less exciting free agent period for us.

I have dreams of getting a heatlhy Laron Landry who will not be suspended for P.E.D's next year. I need to realize that cheaper options like M.Adams, Decoud, or S.Jones are more realistic and even still that may be too lofty and we could end up with the same characters as last year with Bill going to # 32 full time as a starter or bringing back # 44 to compete as he was hurt most last year( I hope not)

So, let me just say that B.B. will most likely fill some holes in free agency before doing the same in the draft, but it may be things like a backup Tight End. An over the hill lineman who provides depth. An experienced Saftey to compete for a playing time. A WR who is cheaper and fits our system (lloyd)

This is what we can expect.

A team that was one dropped ball from winning a SB will not Blow the team up. They will only make a few tweaks here n there. Our pass rush improved a lot last year and if they get Carter back, why would you think they will overspend for a guy to do the same thing?  Carter may return for 1 mill/year and will have a year knowing our system.

In our 2 TE set, if Wes is resigned, Ocho restructured and Underwood already resigned, how many WR' you think need to be brought in??? Maybe 2, One Free agent and one late draft pick.

We just got 2 young RB's

Ninkovich just signed an extension as well as Mayo, Spikes is signed for a couple more years.

We have about 7 CB's who may or may not get the job done, but you cant just cut them all and start over.

On our D-line, we need to get some more young talent. I say we take two lineman in the draft and sign next years version of Shaun Ellis in free agency.

We may also get a 4, 5 year linebacker in free agency  to try to implement here thats under the radar like T.Gooden, Heath Farwell,Nai'l Diggs, or Chase Blackburn.

So far as Cb's are concerned. We have too many unkowns with talent who may show up next year to spend big(McCourty and Ras) on paper should be the starters.  I dont think C.Finnegan is in our plans, but a guy like Brandon Carr may be more reasonable to expect.

Sorry to burst anyones bubbles, but B.B. will spend the free agent pot collectively on a bunch of players that are ok to come in and compete and see if they can supplant anyone already here. We are not breaking the bank on anyones Favorite Fantasy Player.  A team that was just in the SB only needs to add depth and replace players that are leaving.

We will once again be trying to outscore opponents in 2012 as our defense can only get so much better in one offseason. Only thing that could make a drastic change is in philosophy or the form of a new defensive coach( see Wade in Houston last year) almost  a worst to first 180 change.

Other than that, feel free to keep listing your favorite draft prospects, As Noone has any Idea what B.B. will do here so we all have as good a chance at guessing that as anyone...lol

Good Day!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: What us Fans Want and what us Fans will Get!

The Patriots defensive strategy has long since passed the average fan by.  In 2011 they were maybe 31st in pass yards allowed but 14th in points allowed, and in the second and third quarters of most games they were as stingy as any contender.  Only in the fourth quarter did the defense drop back and play prevent while the offense ran the ball 3 times and punted.  Look back, and you'll see exactly the same pattern in 2010. 

What the fans will get are lots of wins with somewhat ugly endings.    I'm going to start mailing in a 14-2 prediction every single year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: What us Fans Want and what us Fans will Get!

In Response to Re: What us Fans Want and what us Fans will Get!:
    The Patriots defensive strategy has long since passed the average fan by.  In 2011 they were maybe 31st in pass yards allowed but 14th in points allowed, and in the second and third quarters of most games they were as stingy as any contender.  Only in the fourth quarter did the defense drop back and play prevent while the offense ran the ball 3 times and punted.  Look back, and you'll see exactly the same pattern in 2010.  What the fans will get are lots of wins with somewhat ugly endings.    I'm going to start mailing in a 14-2 prediction every single year. 
    Posted by Paul_K

Paul most of the loses I remember the Pats didn't run the ball 3 times and punted. Actually I remember them drop backing 3 times and either having incomplete or stopping short of the 1st down. Actually in most of the loses I don't remember then having a drive that took more then a couple mins off the clock when they were ahead with less then 5mins left

Sections
Shortcuts