What was Jim Nantz smoking?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

What was Jim Nantz smoking?

Really. His Jets comeback and win at the end of the game  statements were outrageous. Was he watching the game? Should he be banned from calling any more CBS Pats games this season?  Or was that just a brain freeze on his part? Sheesh.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LJB064. Show LJB064's posts

Re: What was Jim Nantz smoking?

His raging bias got the better of him - or he's just incompetent.  Either way, time to hang it up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

I've been saying it for years.  Guy is a hack.  His biases are too obvious.  A lot of people criticise Simms too, but I don't really have a problem with him.  Nantz should be barred from any Pats games though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He's pretty bad when he speaks it sounds like he really has know idea what's going on, he should stick to golf. I don't have a problem w/ Simms.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

I believe he was wearing a bright Jets green tie as well.  Send him back to golf and let him stay there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

The Nantz screw-up aside, what gets me is the after the game tv media blitz all over the losing team instead of the wining team.  Jets this, Sanchez that, etc., etc., etc.  There was one piece I watched, either NFL Net or ESPN titled "Why the Patriots won..." and the entire piece was about the Jets.

The bottom line is New York money has always owned the major media outlets!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatssoxVA. Show PatssoxVA's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Really. His Jets comeback and win at the end of the game  statements were outrageous. Was he watching the game? Should he be banned from calling any more CBS Pats games this season?  Or was that just a brain freeze on his part? Sheesh.

[/QUOTE]

Check the tape, but I could swear I heard him say, "we won", then backtracked to the Patriots won.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL...yeah, "...and the JETS take over sole possession of first place in the AFC East." Dumkoff. I think he was so shocked a NY team didn't win, it put him in a daze. He even said "the shock of the day....a huge underdog wins..." etc. It wasn't as if he just had one slip of the tongue, he actually started to elaborate and expound on his error. Some bias there? Yeah, we aren't stupid Jim.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

He sounded enthused when he said the yets win and then sounded dissapointed when he corrected himself both Nantz and Stockton don't seem to like the Pats much. Phil Simms ex Gints QB has better things to say about the Pats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He sounded enthused when he said the yets win and then sounded dissapointed when he corrected himself both Nantz and Stockton don't seem to like the Pats much. Phil Simms ex Gints QB has better things to say about the Pats.

[/QUOTE]

It's like one of those dreams where you come into a lot of money, and it seems SO REAL, and then you wake up. That's what happened to Nantz. He was so excited that the Jets had come in to Foxboro and won after everyone thought they'd get blown out, he forgot that it didn't actually happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

I hope the NFL network replays this game then I can enjoy it and listen to Nantz make a fool of himself

Sections
Shortcuts