What Was The Deal With Chad Jackson?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from STP43FAN. Show STP43FAN's posts

What Was The Deal With Chad Jackson?

I remember Chad Jackson and how he was supposed to be a good receiver but flamed out after basically one season before being cut in 2008 preseason.  I know he had hamstring issues but I also remember hearing he had no maturity - I remember reading a story that he was supposed to be in a meeting with coaches before a playoff game but was in the stadium cafeteria instead.

Does anyone know what the deal was with why he failed?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Re: What Was The Deal With Chad Jackson?

He was misunderstood, like most geniuses in their lifetimes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

When you draft in the NFL, some guys are going to be injured the first day out (like Tyrone McKenzie).  It's not a controllable factor.  Other guys are going to have lingering injuries forever but they stay on the roster, in hopes of something.  Some are going to get themselves permanently dinged up before the first regular season game, and then their brains don't work even if their bodies do.  Joey Galloway strikes me as a classic permanently bell-rung guy.  No medium-term memory.

BB regularly screens people for memory problems before the draft, it's almost a signature move of Belichick's, but then afterwards things can happen.  Dingers leading to lifetime grief are what the fans pay to see, like auto wrecks in NASCAR events.  (Gasp!)  Also, drugs and alcohol can blast the brain, and that factor can be somewhat controlled with great detective work before draft day.

The only thing I have against the Patriots' scouting department is their drafting Chris Canty.  Obviously too short and thin.  Then they drafted Wheatley too.  Too short and thin again.  Short and thin doesn't work on the football field.  They get injured.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

He looked like Tarzan, played like Jane.  The head full of rocks didn't help either.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Which just goes to show that intelligence, maturity and work ethic can be just as important as physical skills and are tougher to judge since that first NFL big paycheck can do funny things to a kid's mind.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I don't know anything about his personal problems. Whenever he was on the field, he looked like a world beater.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Chad Jackson, Donald Hayes, Joey Galloway and Bethel Jackson....seems lile every time the Pat's have tried to get the bigger, faster WRs they don't fit or can't play....one HOF bigger, faster guy has made us forget the other failures.

Maybe another small feisty guy in the draft like the kid from ND?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Well, if they gave out awards for training camp performances he would have been an All Pro each year.  And he didn't just excel in training camp for us, read the following report from the Broncos: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/228927-denver-broncos-training-camp-notes-day-two-chad-jackson-emerging

Here is a snippet of the article:

The real star of the day was wide receiver Chad Jackson, who was signed midway through last season due to injuries at the position.

Jackson caught every ball thrown his way, and two of the receptions were in triple coverage.  Those catches drew "ooh's" and "ahh's" from the crowd, as well as applause.

If he continues to perform at that level, there is no way the Broncos can afford to simply let him go.  He is an outstanding talent, and he appears to be a rock-solid athlete.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~Remember ALL, Chad Jackson had something 3 years to show himself worthy since he was cut at the beginning of the 08' year I believe...  Not just injury-prone, and many dropped passes, but recall the biggest dig by far on Jackson was that he couldn't run a route to save his life.  Yet, the weird thing here, in a way has already been mentioned in passing-Chad Jackson looked great in College (albeit, lmao-UFlorida WR bust is a coined term), But ALL scouts just loved him a The Combine...and it wasn't just his freakish athleticism in the form of a physical speciman, Moss once called "The Man-Child" (perhaps very fittingly), OR his something like 4.3 40yd...It was his hands, good route-running, and decent mentality (of which as we know, BB psychotically scrutinizes far more than even the tangibles at times).

~So Gotta wonder in the end How trully GREAT a disappointment he was (since BB often keeps players on the team for years-through injury and all-Shawn Crable...even Seymour injured 4 of 6 massive costing contract years).  Jackson really must not have shown ANY improvement...and NOT just in on-field play, because Belichick can even overlook that too (Pierre Woods...even #1 rb 1st rder Laurence Maroney)... The fact that he was such a high pick, with higher than others-expectations might have figured a part, still-killa probably nailed it best in the end with Jackson lacking that real and true "Want Factor" of not just for being a Pro, but playing for Belichick's N.E...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Perhaps, he was the wrong kind of Chad?  (Football is a rough sport.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

I hear he's a car salesman in Fla. nowadays.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Perhaps, he was the wrong kind of Chad?"

~BTown,

It pretty much sums up the entire theory I set forth in another threadt ("2010 Draft Thread #1")...namely, that Belichick really should draft on namesake alone.  When I was checking to see when Chad Jackson was cut by N.E., The first link showed what his full name is: "Chad Wolfegang Jackson".  Now, one person might think that "Wolf" might make for a tough person, hard fighter, team-player even...but gotta see the full-"Wolfegang" though.  When I see that I think, "Opera Composer that throws a chair through a window when the strings harmony isn't EXACT."  Put that with a "Chad Jackson", and ya got a huge ego that will do things his way only ("Wolfegang"), even when some skills are going to be pathetically average ("Chad Jackson").  

Trully, This overall theory simply just works in the end... "Tom Brady"=Totally average name...he'll never amount to anything special.  "Brian Bosworth"=Tough as nails name...he'll fight to the end for you, probably be a league all-pro for decades.  My thesis simply makes too much sense to even have to expound on anything, the examples stand alone. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

STP- From what I understood he never really figured out the pass routes much like Galloway. The Pats WR's have many sight reads that change on the fly depending on what the defense is doing. If you can't make those adjustments you can't play WR for the Pats.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

he had $ hit for brains...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

What do you guys think about Golden Tate out of ND?  He can be had in the 2nd round.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Golden Tate is legit.  I would love to see the Pats draft him.  A lot of people on this board will argue that he is just another slot reciever and we dont want three slot recievers on our team.  This is not the case, although Tate, Edelman and Welker are similiar in stature and like to fight for extra yards all three offer a different skill set, and you cant argue with production.  Tate can run routes, he plays smart, has great vision and fights for yards.  I feel he would be a great asset to the team and a bargain in the second round.  Im a Notre Dam efan by the way if you couldnt tell.

Sections
Shortcuts