What was the reasoning for Wilhite to be on Wayne the entire game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDonalds75. Show JDonalds75's posts

What was the reasoning for Wilhite to be on Wayne the entire game?

Wilhite on Wayne was seemingly the most consistent and steady throughout the game.  I could be wrong, but what I saw was Bodden switching up between Garcon and Collie mostly, and Butler, and the LBs, mainly Guyton, taking Dallas Clark.  That's not 100%, but seemed to be more that way than a combination of any other schemes, right?

Wilhite would get picked off by the other WR or our own player when lining up against Wayne when Wayne was in motion, and then would run a short cross route.  It seemed Wilhite was on Wayne, but just gave him too much of a cushion for such a good WR with Manning throwing well? 

I don't mean this to be a dump on Wilhite at all, he did an okay job, but what was the reasoning on the part of BB and co. to not have Bodden take that role with Wayne, and let Wilhite take Garcon, Collie?

Also, is Shawn Springs done or what?  Was he hurt and I missed it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Re: What was the reasoning for Wilhite to be on Wayne the entire game?

In Response to What was the reasoning for Wilhite to be on Wayne the entire game?:
    [QUOTE]Wilhite on Wayne was seemingly the most consistent and steady throughout the game.  I could be wrong, but what I saw was Bodden switching up between Garcon and Collie mostly, and Butler, and the LBs, mainly Guyton, taking Dallas Clark.  That's not 100%, but seemed to be more that way than a combination of any other schemes, right? Wilhite would get picked off by the other WR or our own player when lining up against Wayne when Wayne was in motion, and then would run a short cross route.  It seemed Wilhite was on Wayne, but just gave him too much of a cushion for such a good WR with Manning throwing well?  I don't mean this to be a dump on Wilhite at all, he did an okay job, but what was the reasoning on the part of BB and co. to not have Bodden take that role with Wayne, and let Wilhite take Garcon, Collie? Also, is Shawn Springs done or what?  Was he hurt and I missed it?
    Posted by JDonalds75[/QUOTE]

Glad you brought this up.  I thought the same thing last night.  Don't get me wrong, I think Wilhite did a great job last night.  He was in the right position, Wayne and Manning just made the better plays.  However, if you're gonna leave a man on an island with no help, why not match up better size wise.  Butler may have had a better "physical" chance against Wayne. 

Sections
Shortcuts