What was the worst?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

What was the worst?

There were three main areas that I considered terrible and I don't know which one was the worst.

1 - The non-existent secondary.  I have never seen so many long bombs caught by the opposition with the receiver's body in perfect position and the defender(???) hopelessly boxed out.

2 - Terrible execution by Brady.  'Nuff siad.

3 - Coaching decisions.  When you have third and 1 1/2 inside their five, why in the world do you go shotgun and so telegraph a pass?  Go under center and force them to play the run too.  Then at the end of the half losing about twenty seconds when you have timeouts in your pocket before you actually call one?  Those three points alone would have made the difference.

Also, and not up with the other three, why did we abandon the successful formula of a balanced attack?

The only consolations here are that we are still, at least, tied for the division lead with everyone else at 3-3 and that two of our three losses are out-of-conference losses.  Yet, three losses by four points is still pretty sad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: What was the worst?

Actually, I can live with what the Patriots are doing as they ARE trying to win games and working hard EVERY week to do so.  Sh*t happens and a team can lose as there is no guarantee they will win every week.

What is worst?  Seeing what happens on this board when the Pats lose, or worse yet, when they do not win 56 - 0.  It's like seeing a fishing boat pull in with a bunch of fish flopping on the deck with all sorts of crazy gyrations from the fans here trying to jump off the boat or flip flopping from being all giggles to all nastiness week to week.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Actually, I can live with what the Patriots are doing as they ARE trying to win games and working hard EVERY week to do so.  Sh*t happens and a team can lose as there is no guarantee they will win every week.

What is worst?  Seeing what happens on this board when the Pats lose, or worse yet, when they do not win 56 - 0.  It's like seeing a fishing boat pull in with a bunch of fish flopping on the deck with all sorts of crazy gyrations from the fans here trying to jump off the boat or flip flopping from being all giggles to all nastiness week to week.

Welcome to the NE fan base Willy- they are the worst I have ever seen

I don't know what they heck (wanted to use a stronger word here but the nannies would object) you are talking about.  I never miss a game (and I have to use a slingbox in my son't home in Woburn in order to watch many of them).  I have been a loyal fan since 1967, through all the years they were the Patsies.

Now does criticising the performance in a single game constitute "jumping off the bandwagon" or "being the worst fanbase"?  If you believe that you are an idiot (at best).  Yesterday, they were were terrible.  Even when they were terrible, and virtually gave away the game, they only lost by a point.  Fans who are REAL people can both praise AND criticise the performance in a particular game.  Only blind idiots cannot criticise their teams performance when it stinks.

My prediction after week 16?  11-5 and the division title.  Given what has happened so far with Houston (5-1) and Baltimore (where the refs stole the game), I doubt if we get a first round bye.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Probably when Solder or Connolly sacked Tom.-_-...

Then it got embarassing.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Reading all the negative posts by supposed pats fans the day after a loss. They eat their young up there in beantown it sounds like

I always forget that a fan's job is to blindly think everything their team does is great, and to blame all loses on bad calls.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

You have to understand bugboy Leon/Hess. His dic actually grew from 1" to 1 1/4 " because the Pats lost. It will shrink back down to it's bug size next weekend.

Looking at what he wrote next, you are obviously correct.  What that idiot doesn't understand is that Boston, unlike wherever he is from, is a center of academia and intelligence.  We look at a problem without blinders or rose-colored glasses.  That ability to analyze fairly is totally disparate from our loving our team and rooting for it.  The only thing you forgot to mention is that head in that 1 1/4" is enough to hold the entire content of his brain.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Sheldong, it was a general statement and not directed at you.  Yes, harp on the performance of a game, but, many make it look like the season is doomed already.

As for the game.. the second INT went right through Welker's hands and the Seahawk defender happened to be in the way before the ball went out of the endzone.  Also, I concur with what some have said here about the passes Wison made which were over 40+ yards as they were heave and hope for the most part and, if I recall, there were three PI calls on the Pats on some completions which were declined while the Seahawks did not have a SINLGE PI call against them with all those passing attempts on the part of Brady?  Either way, game is over, the Pats lost and I am passed it.  Onto the Jests!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

What bothers me is that nobody is blaming Brady-he played awful yesterday when it counted

Did you read my #2 in the list of three things?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Reading all the negative posts by supposed pats fans the day after a loss. They eat their young up there in beantown it sounds like

I always forget that a fan's job is to blindly think everything their team does is great, and to blame all loses on bad calls.

Well he is a Jets fan. How else can they explain claiming the Lombardy trophy every preseason then not even making it to the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Sheldong, it was a general statement and not directed at you.  Yes, harp on the performance of a game, but, many make it look like the season is doomed already.

As for the game.. the second INT went right through Welker's hands and the Seahawk defender happened to be in the way before the ball went out of the endzone.  Also, I concur with what some have said here about the passes Wison made which were over 40+ yards as they were heave and hope for the most part and, if I recall, there were three PI calls on the Pats on some completions which were declined while the Seahawks did not have a SINLGE PI call against them with all those passing attempts on the part of Brady?  Either way, game is over, the Pats lost and I am passed it.  Onto the Jests!

OK, general statement.  As for the game, yes it went through Welker's hands.  However, a rocket from three yards away isn't the easiest thing to catch.  Welker had an excellent game -- as usual.

As for the PI calls, it doesn't matter.  The receiver was in the right position and the (??)denfender((??) was totally boxed out (sorry for the basketball reference, but it fits).  Now if the receiver had made some amazing catch, well that would have been a different story.  But, for the most part, those heave and pray throws were VERY easy catches.  For a while looking at the Seattle receivers I thought I was watching Brady to his receivers.

Again, "all those passing attempts" by Brady?  Why?  For two games, and against strong Baltimore and Denver defenses, we ran it down their throats and around their sides.  Is Seattle's defense THAT much better?  Also, where was out hurry-up.

All around, their play sucked yesterday.

Now on to the Jets.  That is a crucial game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Sheldong.. all we can do is shake our heads and move on.    There are a lot of "what if" posts on this board and they won't change the results of the game, right?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

It certainly didn't stop me from enjoying watching all those zombie heads rolling at 9 last night. I didn't get the day off either and since I don't gamble it doesn't cost me money. I don't even mind the Jets trolls. Their presence just makes it funnier when year 44 ticks around and they all hide in their dumpsters again.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Intersting to say the least-Not 24 hours after losing the NE fan base is now bickering among themselves. calm down everybody- the pats had a nice run,tainted as it was but a nice run none the less. Calm yourselves down it's only a silly game. A silly game where you got outplayed by Seattle and nobody wants to blame the aging Brady for anything.

Stay tuned-the next loss that the pats have it will only get worse in here-History has a way of repeating itself especially with this so called group of fans.

Your lives should not be centered around a sports team

"tainted"?  That reminds me of a play by Shakespeare -- "Much Ado About Nothing".  Tainted, my a$$. 

"aging Brady"?  Of the other thirty one teams in this league, there are are probably about 25 that would, in a heartbeat, trade for Brady to be their starter -- and it is only 25 because Brady is 36 and had maybe four or five more years in him.  Certainly, Phat Rex would do handstands to get Brady.  After all, he jumped at the chance to get Denver's leftovers when they went with an even more "againg Manning".

About the only thing you said that made sense is that our lives, unlike yours, should not be centered abound a sports team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:

Brady strung together a few stinkers last year. It's not like he was great in the SB after the AFC title game either.

<sarc>Imagine that.  Our QB is human after all.</sarc>

Sections
Shortcuts