What will it take in these last 5 games to make you happy about the PATS???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What will it take in these last 5 games to make you happy about the PATS???

5 games left to go and there are still many questions about this team's playoff aspirations.  I do not think too many feel the Pats won't make the playoffs, whether they are the #1 seed or not matters.  Question on the tip of everyone's tongue is:  "Will they win a game in the playoffs?"  So, what do we need to see from this team to give us the comfort they could go deep?  My two cents...

The D has to show they can apply pressure to the QB, stop the pass and continue to limit those aggravating 3rd down lapses.  Yes, they are doing a great job in the red zone and do not give up a lot of points.  But, in the playoffs, with the possibility to be playing the Steelers or Ravens, teams with good D and offenses that can control the game, this D needs to step up.  The offense can score against anyone when operating as we know it can.  So, folks, what is your "comfort zone" for the Pats as we progress through these last five games? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: What will it take in these last 5 games???

Stay healthy, limit mistakes and turnovers, execute, execute, execute.
    These things will bring home Lombardi #4.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: What will it take in these last 5 games???

In Response to What will it take in these last 5 games???:
    [QUOTE] So, folks, what is your "comfort zone" for the Pats as we progress through these last five games? 
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

The team has to play perfectly in the playoffs. No turnovers, fewer penalties/mental mistakes. Offense have to have a game plan to counter when opponents get to Brady. Defense has grow enough so that the can be depended upon to shut down an offense when we need it the most.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTs4PLMNhnQ

Maybe BB can get some strategies from Sheryl Yoast during halftime Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: What will it take in these last 5 games to make you happy about the PATS???

Seems winning is not enough!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

They are playing pretty well, but they obviously are not exactly up against the league elite. 

I think with the secondary in the condition that it is in it's going to be shakey the whole way and a frist round knock out wouldn't surprise me. 

The plus is, there isn't really a dominating team in the AFC so the Pats do have a legit shot this year especially if they end the season strong against those weak teams. They could secure the number 1 spot. Given the way they have played that seem outrageous. I would never have expected the Pats to have a shot at being the AFC #1 team going into the playoffs. If they were to secure home field advantage and a first round bye the superbowl becomes very realistic. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Not give up 24 points and 10 minute drives to 30th ranked offenses? That would be a huge start!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Pitch 5 shout outs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: What will it take in these last 5 games to make you happy about the PATS???:
    [QUOTE]Pitch 5 shout outs
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

well, now that there's one less game, mebbe pitch 4?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: What will it take in these last 5 games to make you happy about the PATS???:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What will it take in these last 5 games to make you happy about the PATS??? : well, now that there's one less game, mebbe pitch 4?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Now you know why I'm not happy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gwomlo. Show gwomlo's posts

Try to get the pass defense to cover. Sit McCourtey bring Molden and see if he can continue to perform like he did in the last couple of weeks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Bring in a deep threat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

It looks like they will have to drop 30 on a team to win in the playoffs..just like last year. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]Not give up 24 points and 10 minute drives to 30th ranked offenses? That would be a huge start!
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Ditto!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

like the guy said, Bring in a Wide Receiver. and anybody that can play in the secondary.

Beat a decent team instead of these chumps.  The good news the only decent teams in the AFC are Pittsburgh and Baltimore.  where the hell would they be without Brady. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

sit mccourty because he sucks, stop playing vanilla defense and finish games strong, avoid reaching the playoffs because you only dissapoint the fans with your schitty playcalling and performance. GET A REAL DEFENCE WITH PLAYMAKERS. Did i miss anything. ooooh and hire a defensive coordinator and a real Offensive coordinator.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What will it take in these last 5 games to make you happy about the PATS??? : Now you know why I'm not happy.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

lol Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

all five games scoring 40 points while shutting out their opponents..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully6931. Show RTSully6931's posts

Give potential playoff teams something other than the passing game to be worried about. Show some of the toughness the SB winning teams displayed. find out if Ridley or Vareen can help.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Win.  That's it.  I am not sure what is going on out there, why Edelman wasn't on defense and Slater was, but I'm sure there was a reason I will appreciate going forward.  So, just win, baby.  If they take us lightly going into the playoffs, so much the better.  It's a bit like Tebow, it's a bit ugly, and you don't want to like it, but it just keeps working.  What happened today?  They took their foot off the gas on a desperate team, and it's hard to get momentum going again.  I think BB thought they would be ok with the slo-vent defense, but the Clots got 7 when they should have gotten 3.  That's all.  We have seen the Patriots let the other guys have stuff at the end of games to run out the clock, but the clots managed to bang out big plays at inopportune times.  It is what it is.  I'm happy.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Simple

60 minute games from both offense & defense. Things shouldn't go to c rap after a huge lead is established. The D goes soft & the offense can't pick up a 1st down.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What will it take in these last 5 games to make you happy about the PATS??? : Ditto!!!!
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]
    Did either of you REALLY think the Pats D was playing hard in that 4th quarter to STOP the Colts?  Pats were still up 31 - 10 when they intercepted the ball with about 7 minutes to go and the last Colts TD was scored with 35 seconds or so left.  Come on, this was GARBAGE time...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What will it take in these last 5 games to make you happy about the PATS??? : Did either of you REALLY think the Pats D was playing hard in that 4th quarter to STOP the Colts?  Pats were still up 31 - 10 when they intercepted the ball with about 7 minutes to go and the last Colts TD was scored with 35 seconds or so left.  Come on, this was GARBAGE time...

That's exactly what I didn't like about the 4th Q play by offense, defense, and coaching.  BB is supposed to be working on getting the team better.  As a fan, I expected him to work on a killer instinct on both sides of the ball when we're up by 3 TDs. They now only have 4 games left to get the team ready for playoffs. The way the 4th quarter ended up wasn't the way to do it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Bring in a deep threat.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

You crack me up dude... that's your whole christmas list too isn't it?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

It seems like teams have the best chance of scoring from outside  the 30 yard line going straight for the end zone.

Once they get inside the 20 this D seems to be good at limiting to FG's

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What will it take in these last 5 games to make you happy about the PATS??? : Did either of you REALLY think the Pats D was playing hard in that 4th quarter to STOP the Colts?  Pats were still up 31 - 10 when they intercepted the ball with about 7 minutes to go and the last Colts TD was scored with 35 seconds or so left.  Come on, this was GARBAGE time...
    Yes, because it's their job! If you didn't then you must not understand competitive sports. If the really didn't then BB is to blame for not having personnel in that will get the job done no matter what the situation is.

I pretty sure everyone has owned you in the thread, sorry you're a fairweather fan and can't get over the fact there are some who can critize the team but still enjoy the games.