What will it take..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: What will it take..

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

you just prove your lack of intelligence by continuing to call me rusty. 

anyways, as far as the offense goes, id like to see the pats bring in another receiver alongside lloyd, maybe a dwyane bowe if possible price wise....also it would be nice for gronk to stay healthy for one damn playoff run before brady retires. McD is a good playcalled, but has failed in adjusting his gameplan in games when brady is struggling...

but most of all, brady just has to play better. if he wants a 4th ring, he has to play much better in the playoffs than he has been...and he knows it. you guys can point fingers at other players you want, but it comes down to #12. if he plays well, the team will succeed, if not....well you see what happens.

Brady needs to play better.......yet you list the Two main reasons why he played the way he did. 

Now add a regressing Ridley, a useless Branch a slot reciever that can't catch and Hernandez playing out of position.

So stop the concerned troll act, everyone can see right through you.

he still had plenty of weapons to his disposal. noone was complaining about his lack of weapons after the texans game.

i agree a healthy gronk would have helped, but you use it as too much of a crutch.

brady got outplayed in back to back afc title games, thankfully they won the first time because the team around him played well.

[/QUOTE]

Let's stop even pretending you aren't Rusty. It's pathetic that you have to make all these fake accounts to try an prop up your stupidity junior. Do you even try to make this account sound different dumbkoff?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

A  decent WR and a healthy Gronk

lloyd and welker are more than decent, but the gronk injury did hurt.

Iceman's right. We need a couple Anquon Boldins, julius jones or roddy whites in our lineup. our finesse style hobbit receivers are yeatserdays news. we need guys that can jump and out muscle the CBs covering them

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

I must confess that I do not have the answer to the original question.  I'm a huge Brady fan but for some reason he's become inconsistent in the playoffs.

The team around him is second rate, unlike in the dynasty years. Simply accept the fact BB has let the team fall from its former magnitude and hope something good will come along in the years ahead. And if that is to be, it will more likely be by the hand of somebody other than BB.

but to suggest that everyone else around him is second rateI think overlooks some pretty good talent.

That isn't what I said.

I said the TEAM around him is second rate. That would be the sum of all parts excluding Brady. Of course there are some outstanding players.

But put Tannehill, Fitz or Sanchez on the team and give any of them Brady and they win the division.

They might win the division, not certain of it though. I also am not sure Brady would beat the patriots. At least not the first year.

Brady has a long history of performing poorly against coaches who are intimitely familar with him, not always but more times than not.

McDaniels gave him fits when with Denver. Mangini gave him some fits when at Cleveland and Jets. Rob Ryan has given him fits at Dallas. Rex has given him some fits at times, I assume with long talks with his brother. The Ravens have given him fits seemingly forever and it has continued for the most part now with Pees as DC.

Again, not evey time but more times than not.

I am quite certain BB would be able to give Brady some fits as well. At least initially.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Iceman's right. We need a couple Anquon Boldins, julius jones or roddy whites in our lineup. our finesse style hobbit receivers are yeatserdays news. we need guys that can jump and out muscle the CBs covering them

We get  that type of receiver and a healthy Gronk...the running game will get even better

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Health is what it will take.

Healthy Gronk and edelman, Ridley not getting knocked out. Not losing Talib, Arrington,  Love, and Jones during or before the AFCCG.

Having all those players healthy for the entire game would make a differnce in the outcome.

Even if they upgrade here and there it will come down to health as it always does most times.

The healthier teams generally go farther in the post season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

People talk about these AFC title games (well actually Rusty and his new lap dog), but take a look at who they played - the Ravens. The Ravens had the top ranked pass defense in the NFL two seasons ago and they couldn't of been far behind this season. I knew going into both games that it was a very tough matchup for our offense...or any offense. The Ravens can defend the pass and they can play redzone defense...and they did that to our offense both years. There's a reason why the Ravens were knocking on the door to the Super Bowl two years ago..and there's a reason they won it this year...they are good.

I was the first person to come on here after this last title game and say Brady played poorly - I've changed my tune a little since then, I would now say he played average (and average isn't good enough). During that game I thought that he made three outstanding throws that were caught. I thought he made a few others that were not caught....he made a bunch of average ones and he made a handfull of poor ones. The thing is, this guy has to play near perfect for us to win against a good team and anything less usually results in a loss. Is it fair to expect that out of him? Maybe.

So outside of him playing perfect football (which is not realistic to count on for any QB), I do think there is some things that can help him. First if Gronk is healthy going into that game we win it and go on to win the Super Bowl. Gronk changes things that much - he is a force in the redzone - he provides a catch radius that is unbelievable. Gronk also stretches coverage out a little bit and makes it so much easier on Brady...and everyone else. I think if we had a runner that was just a tad better than Ridley we would be very tough to beat in the post season...someone that you don't have to worry about turning the ball over, and could also catch out of the backfield.

Let's say we don't improve in the running game and it is basically like it was last season - I think that would be more than good enough IF we added a true outside, big play, scare defensive coordinators, reciever. You throw in our tight ends in the middle of the field, with a true outside threat...sprinkle a little Lloyd...and they won't be stopped by anyone. Nobody. It's too dynamic of an offense. And really we were very very dynamic before the Gronk injury.

So really I don't think we are very far off. Now for the defense, that's a whole different story. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

I must confess that I do not have the answer to the original question.  I'm a huge Brady fan but for some reason he's become inconsistent in the playoffs.

The team around him is second rate, unlike in the dynasty years. Simply accept the fact BB has let the team fall from its former magnitude and hope something good will come along in the years ahead. And if that is to be, it will more likely be by the hand of somebody other than BB.

but to suggest that everyone else around him is second rateI think overlooks some pretty good talent.

That isn't what I said.

I said the TEAM around him is second rate. That would be the sum of all parts excluding Brady. Of course there are some outstanding players.

But put Tannehill, Fitz or Sanchez on the team and give any of them Brady and they win the division.

They might win the division, not certain of it though. I also am not sure Brady would beat the patriots. At least not the first year.

Brady has a long history of performing poorly against coaches who are intimitely familar with him, not always but more times than not.

McDaniels gave him fits when with Denver. Mangini gave him some fits when at Cleveland and Jets. Rob Ryan has given him fits at Dallas. Rex has given him some fits at times, I assume with long talks with his brother. The Ravens have given him fits seemingly forever and it has continued for the most part now with Pees as DC.

I am quite certain BB would be able to give Brady some fits as well. At least initially.

Brady has a long history of performing poorly against coaches that are intimately familiar with him? Tell that to all the AFC east coaches that got to know him intimately - he put them all out of work...what was it? Ten of them? Tell that to Bill Cowher who faced him somewhere around seven times...did Cowher ever beat him in an important game? And those games were usaully on the road against Cowher's mighty defenses. Or how about Tony Dungy? I wonder how Tony Dungy enjoyed their intimate relationship? Losing all those games in the playoffs and regular season to Brady.

McDanials gave him fits?? How, by winning one game because Welker dropped a pass? Mangini gave him fits? Brady put him on the unemployment line. Rex has given him fits? Has Rex even won a game against him in two years? He will be the next going on unemployment due to Brady.

The only part of your post I agree with is when you say BB would give him fits - and that's only if he had a defense to do it with.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

Looks like the BBWs have arrived in force to try to deflect.

The BBWs are kind of like bible thumping Tea Partiers. It doesn't matter what the facts tell us, the reality of a situation, science, etc, it's all about pumping that rhetoric.

Brady and his offense could walk into next January and lay another egg at home and they'd all swing in to blame the defense, regardless.

You need to stop this, now. And stop abusing the name of Jesus Christ in many of your comments. I know I'm alone on this anti-Christ board. Christ does not need my defense but HIS Holy Word does - as it is written. But you pail in reference/comparison to all the TBN liars with thier gospel of wealth, health and sign, wickedness.

Enjoy your night ....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

That isn't what I said.

Brady has a long history of performing poorly against coaches that are intimately familiar with him? Tell that to all the AFC east coaches that got to know him intimately - he put them all out of work...what was it? Ten of them? Tell that to Bill Cowher who faced him somewhere around seven times...did Cowher ever beat him in an important game? And those games were usaully on the road against Cowher's mighty defenses. Or how about Tony Dungy? I wonder how Tony Dungy enjoyed their intimate relationship? Losing all those games in the playoffs and regular season to Brady.

McDanials gave him fits?? How, by winning one game because Welker dropped a pass? Mangini gave him fits? Brady put him on the unemployment line. Rex has given him fits? Has Rex even won a game against him in two years? He will be the next going on unemployment due to Brady.

The only part of your post I agree with is when you say BB would give him fits - and that's only if he had a defense to do it with.

Brady QBR of 50 vs Denver (once again the offense could not score more than 17 points)

The offense only scores 14 points vs cleveland (again the offense can't muster more than 17 points)

First meeting with Jets under Mangini. Brady a 73 QB rating. 1TD 1INT 51% completion, also lost a fumble

second meeting with Jets. Brady 84 QB rating. 1 TD 1INT. Offense only scores 14 again.

Not exactly lighting it up yet with any of these examples.

Fourth meeting with Mangini and Jets. Brady 50 QB rating, 51 completion percent. 0 TD's 1 INT (offense scores less than 17 again)

Brady 2TD's, 2INT's vs cowboys and Rob Ryan. Offense scores 20 points. Brady QBR of 53

Patriots have still won a number of games against formers I mentioned but when you look at some of them Brady was not great where defensive pick 6's for the Pats and even a KO runback contributed to the win as much as the offense did.

You know what. I am not even going to continue going through all of the different games to show you that more times he has been mediocre than times he has lit it up against former DC's or coordinators.

Clearly you are watching games but not seeing what I am seeing.

I am not Brady bashing or blaming just stating facts and you sir clearly are NOT seeing what has transpired vs previous people with intimate knowledge of the Patriots offensive system and Brady's tendencies or deficiencies.

I also mentioned the word initially because I believe he has a harder time early on against formers but the more cracks he has at a team (except the Ravens apparently) he seems to fare better over time with both he and BB deciphering what they are trying to do and game planning around it.

That's not a knock on Brady, it should be more difficult for him in those circumstances. You and I see different things. We'll agree to disagree.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Disagree redsock on the WR bit. Wes as you know is an excellent slot, clearly not fast or tall enough to ever be even a decent WR. Lloyd although OK as a 2nd WR, can't compete for jump passes like the Ravens Boldin and Jones showed us. That type is what the Pats need, tall, strong and fast, let's hope there is a good one - they can finally hit in the draft.

Also on ST a need for a dynamic KO/PR, to set up shorter fields. That could be Demps.

have a good late night...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I'm old....I get confused easily.

Me, too, and after reading this thread my hair hurts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

a defense that can prevent opponents from scoring more points than our offense for the SB game....lol

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

Looks like the BBWs have arrived in force to try to deflect.

The BBWs are kind of like bible thumping Tea Partiers. It doesn't matter what the facts tell us, the reality of a situation, science, etc, it's all about pumping that rhetoric.

Brady and his offense could walk into next January and lay another egg at home and they'd all swing in to blame the defense, regardless.

You need to stop this, now. And stop abusing the name of Jesus Christ in many of your comments. I know I'm alone on this anti-Christ board. Christ does not need my defense but HIS Holy Word does - as it is written. But you pail in reference/comparison to all the TBN liars with thier gospel of wealth, health and sign, wickedness.

Enjoy your night ....

You are not alone.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts