What will it take..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: What will it take..

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I must confess that I do not have the answer to the original question.  I'm a huge Brady fan but for some reason he's become inconsistent in the playoffs.

The team around him is second rate, unlike in the dynasty years. Simply accept the fact BB has let the team fall from its former magnitude and hope something good will come along in the years ahead. And if that is to be, it will more likely be by the hand of somebody other than BB.

but to suggest that everyone else around him is second rateI think overlooks some pretty good talent.

That isn't what I said.

I said the TEAM around him is second rate. That would be the sum of all parts excluding Brady. Of course there are some outstanding players.

But put Tannehill, Fitz or Sanchez on the team and give any of them Brady and they win the division.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to garytx's comment:

Outside of Babe and a couple of others I think most here can say Brady didn't play his best but geez guys you have to have some kind of a defense out there.  The Pats are hurting here.  It really showed up when Talib went out.  And not to say that it all hangs on Talib because it could have been Dennard instead.  One of those guys goes out and the defense goes back to the stone age.

On offense there needs to be some kind of philosophical change.  Gronk goes out two years in a row and the offense just isn't the same.  Something has to give there.

Just responded to you in the other thread.  For any want or need on D, the root fundamental problem that has absolutely plagued this team, really since 2005 in the postseson, is the OFFENSE.

You can't run essentially the same offense every postseason and then not score points, move the ball at all, lose field position and turn it over multiple times in close games against good teams and then come running in and blaming the D for not masking the offense's gaffes the initiated the momentum change.

There shouldn't be any more confusison on this topic anymore. It's over. I am not losing another postseason game again watching that putrid, finesse offense that Brady has preferred to run.

Yes, Talib and Jones not there hurt, but they weren't playing since the 1st qtr. It was 13-7 towards the end of the 3rd qtr.

Acting like a team's dimeback is supposed to look good against an Anquan Boldin is a little silly.

I had my fingers crossed the whole game on that situation, but Brady and the offense never scored 1 point in the second half, dude. Not even a FG.

Please stop. This isn't anything new. There are variations of this problem in terms of struggling to move the ball and score points, avoid turnovers for YEARS. YEARS in the postseason.

The old D's held the other teams in 12-14 ossession games.  That's a huge difference in a 14 possession game and a 8 possession game.  They had to make stops on 6 more possessions.

The fact that you refuse to aknowledge this proves your trolldum.

You need possessions to score.  8 is not enough to score high points.  Both O's were low scoring due to the limited possessions.  The D gave away the game.  TWICE!

THAT is the truth.

The D  was responsible for those loss of possessions due to almost 5 minutes of  clock average on every single possession.

The SB D's got picks that resulted in points  The last 2 they got ZERO!

The SB ST 's scored points.  The last  2 SB's they got ZERO

Fumble recoveries?  ZERO!  This is not even disputable. And it's certainly not acceptable!

Joe Flacco got both a pick and a fumble and a defensive stop to win the game. 

He also got 7 from ST's

How much more proof do you need.  Without those he loses by 19 freaken points.

His recievers also did not drop passes.

IT TAKES A TEAM

One man is not enough and if you think he can or should overcome all the other pathetic play than you simply expect to much.   That's your problem.  You give the whole freaken D a pass and blame any loss on TB.  THat's ridiculous as the D is responsible for 95% of them.

Whether they score 30+ pts or 13, it doesn't matter.  All the losses come on the last DEFENSIVE drive.  EXACTLY ONCE in the last 6 years has the D made a end game stop (with the lead, people) and it took a missed FG to win that!  ppffttt. Congrats!

And to say all the money is on the O is very pathetic. 90% of the draft picks have been defensive.   Maybe if those players lasted more than a year or two, they'd get paid more.

Mayo and Fork get paid plenty.  Too bad they are the only ones good enough to last more than 2 years or not get cut in their rookie contract or as a FA, the same or next year.   Millions of $$$$$ just flat out wasted on crappy picks and FA's.  WASTED! 

You want cap space, well there it is. 

They've been trying to replace the same 4-5 players for 6 years, now!  UGH

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

I must confess that I do not have the answer to the original question.  I'm a huge Brady fan but for some reason he's become inconsistent in the playoffs.

The team around him is second rate, unlike in the dynasty years. Simply accept the fact BB has let the team fall from its former magnitude and hope something good will come along in the years ahead. And if that is to be, it will more likely be by the hand of somebody other than BB.

Do you think the fact that Brady takes up 1/6 of the salary cap has something to do with these "second rate" players on this team?  Do you expect a first-ballot hall of famer at every position?  I don't understand how you hold players with $1-2M contracts to a higher standard than your lover Brady, who eats up 1/6 of the cap on a 53 man roster.

It's sickening to witness the constant bashing of every single player on this team, and the architect HOF GM/Coach who has put this dynasty together.  It's pretty clear that you're not a Patriots fan, but simply a Brady Lover.  I don't understand why it's blasphemous to question Brady's play in the playoffs in recent years.  He's the QB.  He's the leader.  He's the one that dictates most of what goes on during the game.  Instead of looking for a 7th round pick/UDFA on the defense to scapegoat, why don't you put some blame where it should be: on Brady's shoulders.

"Learn the game."  Better yet, learn the salary cap and how the money is allocated across the roster, old-timer.

Hi Rusty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Do you think the fact that Brady takes up 1/6 of the salary cap has something to do with these "second rate" players on this team?  Do you expect a first-ballot hall of famer at every position?  I don't understand how you hold players with $1-2M contracts to a higher standard than your lover Brady, who eats up 1/6 of the cap on a 53 man roster.

It's sickening to witness the constant bashing of every single player on this team, and the architect HOF GM/Coach who has put this dynasty together.  It's pretty clear that you're not a Patriots fan, but simply a Brady Lover.  I don't understand why it's blasphemous to question Brady's play in the playoffs in recent years.  He's the QB.  He's the leader.  He's the one that dictates most of what goes on during the game.  Instead of looking for a 7th round pick/UDFA on the defense to scapegoat, why don't you put some blame where it should be: on Brady's shoulders.

"Learn the game."  Better yet, learn the salary cap and how the money is allocated across the roster, old-timer.

Hi Rusty.

Right on cue, gramps!  I knew I could count on you to resort to your childish Rusty labels when I expose you with an honest perspective.  

Did you have a rough day today?  Do you need to vent?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Hi Rusty.

Right on cue, gramps!  I knew I could count on you to resort to your childish Rusty labels when I expose you with an honest perspective.  

Did you have a rough day today?  Do you need to vent?

My day has been lovely junior.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

You know, it's not either/or.  We need better play on the back end of the d, better push up front.  We need a WR who can take the top off the other team's d and make them open up a bit.  We need Brady to be accurate, receivers to CATCH THE DAMN BALL, Gronk to stay healthy, and good playcalling on both sides of the ball.  We also need to play better on kick and punt returns, both ways.  Other teams seem to get big gains on both, we never seem to do much.  

Why does it have to be one thing or another?  It seems like ALL of them to me.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Brady's salary has not been a problem until this year.  His last year cap hit was 7mm.  That is not 1/6th of the salary.  He took the deal so that they could afford to pay WES.

Now is the time to pay.

Do STOP with Brady's salary being too much AND YOU EXPECT MORE FROM A 21M qb BECAUSE HE HAS never MADE THAT OR EVEN CLOSE UNTIL THE YEAR THAT HASN'T EVEN STARTED YET!

ENOUGH WITH THE PATHETIC POOR d HAS NO CAP SPACE.  It's a lie!  Their is less money on D because of the 50 new DEFENSIVE players under rookie (for the past 6 years) contract and being replaced by more rejects under their rookie contract and after they are cut two years in, replaced again.

If ANY of them were ANY good, they would be paid!

Wilfork's and Mayo's cap hits were higher than TB's last year. 

But keep spreading the manure,  maybe you'll fertilize something.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

• A healthy Gronk with Ballard bookending him
    • Hern move to the F WR position Welker use to hold
    • A true X WR or a big Z Flanker that can outfight CB's at the line
    • A more consistent use and execution of a running game to take pressure off of Brady
    • Lloyd catching 50% of the ones he dropped

All of which are more then do able this offseason without much cost to the team or having to use the 1st in order to achieve

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Brady's salary has not been a problem until this year.  His last year cap hit was 7mm.  That is not 1/6th of the salary.  He took the deal so that they could afford to pay WES.

Now is the time to pay.

Do STOP with Brady's salary being too much AND YOU EXPECT MORE FROM A 21M qb BECAUSE HE HAS never MADE THAT OR EVEN CLOSE UNTIL THE YEAR THAT HASN'T EVEN STARTED YET!

ENOUGH WITH THE PATHETIC POOR d HAS NO CAP SPACE.  It's a lie!  Their is less money on D because of the 50 new DEFENSIVE players under rookie (for the past 6 years) contract and being replaced by more rejects under their rookie contract and after they are cut two years in, replaced again.

Not only Brady, bud, but the offense in general has a lot more $ allocated across the positions than the D does.  Also, please stop yelling.  I don't think anybody here needs to witness an infant throwing a temper tantrum via virtual network because somebody questioned their premise that their hero needs to play better.

Also, Mayo isn't good?  Wilfork isn't good?  McCourty isn't good?  Spikes isn't good?  Dennard, Jones, Hightower, etc. aren't developing into good players?  News to me, and most observers.

I don't think anybody has ever said the defense is perfect, nor did they say they are elite.  But what most of us level-headed observers think is that the Defense has played to its normal standard during the playoffs while the offense has completely underwhelmed to its usual standards.  When your team is built around the offense, and the offense falters/sh*ts the bed in the playoffs, please tell me how it is appropriate to place blame on the defense.  

I'll wait.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I'm old....I get confused easily.

The Patriots have talent, not just Brady. What we have watched since 2001 has been great and when it ends we may never see it again.

I thought this was about how a very, very good football team, 11-14 wins or more per season, can get over why they haven't been able to seal the deal in recent big games?

Getting a few more pieces but to get the Team to reach down an play their best when it really matters?

You can't win in this league without talent. If the Patriots score 3 or 4 touchdowns in the first half against the Ravens....and they should have....we go to the SB...I'm convinced of it.

Some here are so hell bent on stabbing Rusty they lose sight of the actual target.

Just sayin' 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

ENOUGH WITH THE PATHETIC POOR d HAS NO CAP SPACE.  It's a lie! 

Some here act as if other good teams are paying peanuts at the QB position.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I'm old....I get confused easily.

The Patriots have talent, not just Brady. What we have watched since 2001 has been great and when it ends we may never see it again.

I thought this was about how a very, very good football team, 11-14 wins or more per season, can get over why they haven't been able to seal the deal in recent big games?

Getting a few more pieces but to get the Team to reach down an play their best when it really matters?

You can't win in this league without talent. If the Patriots score 3 or 4 touchdowns in the first half against the Ravens....and they should have....we go to the SB...I'm convinced of it.

Some here are so hell bent on stabbing Rusty they lose sight of the actual target.

Just sayin' 

You aren't going to score 3-4 TDs in the first half against a tough Ravens' D if you are dropping balls and can't run. This is what happens when you are missing your key weapon that along with Brady makes this O special. The MEDIOCRE team fizzles against a good performance in the playoffs. Too much mundane talent, especially on D to have a great chance to win it all. They have a chance, but no better than anybody else's. Add a healthy Gronk and that chance goes up considerably. Add a real D and it goes way up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Lets review.

Lloyd is a joke as a #1.  Hell there's talk of cutting him....I would.

Our best receiver didn't play

Ridley regressed badly over the last 1/4 of the season And gave nothing when it counted.

Welker kills what would of been a game changing drive by dropping a pass that hit him in the gut.

I'm better then Branch he gave Brady and the Offence absolutly nothing.

Hernandez better learn to catch or he's going on my #hit list.

Yeah Brady really sucks.  Rusty and his minions are Jet trolls. No QB wins with what Brady had to play with....plain and simple.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Outside of Babe and a couple of others I think most here can say Brady didn't play his best but geez guys you have to have some kind of a defense out there.  The Pats are hurting here.  It really showed up when Talib went out.  And not to say that it all hangs on Talib because it could have been Dennard instead.  One of those guys goes out and the defense goes back to the stone age.

On offense there needs to be some kind of philosophical change.  Gronk goes out two years in a row and the offense just isn't the same.  Something has to give there.

Shhhhh stop being logical the Rusty's heads may explode.  Lets review.

Ridley regressed badly over the last 1/4 of the season And gave nothing when it counted.

Welker kills what would of been a game changing drive by dropping a pass that hit him in the gut.

Yeah Brady really sucks.  Rusty and his minions are Jet trolls. No QB wins with what Brady had to play with....plain and simple.

yea, you're better than an NFL receiver......you sir are an idiot.

and hernandez played very well this year, who cares about your "hit list"?

plus, you, babe and the rest of you guys are the true trolls.

while we discuss problems with the team and how to get them better, all you say is that brady is almighty and nothing is ever his fault.

your act has grown old and tired, kinda like babe.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

while we discuss problems with the team and how to get them better, all you say is that brady is almighty and nothing is ever his fault.

Lol, OK Rusty.

Instead of bashing Brady all the time give all of us your solution to fixing the Offense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Lol, OK Rusty.

Instead of bashing Brady all the time give all of us your solution to fixing the Offense.

you just prove your lack of intelligence by continuing to call me rusty. 

anyways, as far as the offense goes, id like to see the pats bring in another receiver alongside lloyd, maybe a dwyane bowe if possible price wise....also it would be nice for gronk to stay healthy for one damn playoff run before brady retires. McD is a good playcalled, but has failed in adjusting his gameplan in games when brady is struggling...

but most of all, brady just has to play better. if he wants a 4th ring, he has to play much better in the playoffs than he has been...and he knows it. you guys can point fingers at other players you want, but it comes down to #12. if he plays well, the team will succeed, if not....well you see what happens.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Now is the time to pay.

Not only Brady, bud, but the offense in general has a lot more $ allocated across the positions than the D does.  Also, please stop yelling.  I don't think anybody here needs to witness an infant throwing a temper tantrum via virtual network because somebody questioned their premise that their hero needs to play better.

Also, Mayo isn't good?  Wilfork isn't good?  McCourty isn't good?  Spikes isn't good?  Dennard, Jones, Hightower, etc. aren't developing into good players?  News to me, and most observers.

I don't think anybody has ever said the defense is perfect, nor did they say they are elite.  But what most of us level-headed observers think is that the Defense has played to its normal standard during the playoffs while the offense has completely underwhelmed to its usual standards.  When your team is built around the offense, and the offense falters/sh*ts the bed in the playoffs, please tell me how it is appropriate to place blame on the defense.  

I'll wait.

Just because the Defensive genius hasn't put a good D on the field in years, doesn't excuse them from sucking.  They didn't even maintain their poor standards in the play-offs.  If they had any strengths (debatable) they were turn overs and goal line stands.  Where were the turn-overs?  4 for 4 in the RZ is NOT acceptable.  Did they go 4 for 4 during the regular season?  No

They suck. And just FYI Wilfork 8.2%, mayo 7.5% and talibe  took up over 1/6th of the cap ly.  Brady took up 6% which is less than 1/16th.  So get your facts straight. 

In fact, wilfork and mayo cost more than TB and WW.   2 mm more!  FACT

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

UMMM you better check some stats cuz hernandez outright stunk last year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

UMMM you better check some stats cuz hernandez outright stunk last year.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty never used a stat he didn't make up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

anyways, as far as the offense goes, id like to see the pats bring in another receiver alongside lloyd, maybe a dwyane bowe if possible price wise....also it would be nice for gronk to stay healthy for one damn playoff run before brady retires. McD is a good playcalled, but has failed in adjusting his gameplan in games when brady is struggling...

but most of all, brady just has to play better. if he wants a 4th ring, he has to play much better in the playoffs than he has been...and he knows it. you guys can point fingers at other players you want, but it comes down to #12. if he plays well, the team will succeed, if not....well you see what happens.

[/QUOTE]

Brady needs to play better.......yet you list the Two main reasons why he played the way he did. 

Now add a regressing Ridley, a useless Branch a slot reciever that can't catch and Hernandez playing out of position.

So stop the concerned troll act, everyone can see right through you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Brady needs to play better.......yet you list the Two main reasons why he played the way he did. 

Now add a regressing Ridley, a useless Branch a slot reciever that can't catch and Hernandez playing out of position.

So stop the concerned troll act, everyone can see right through you.

[/QUOTE]

he still had plenty of weapons to his disposal. noone was complaining about his lack of weapons after the texans game.

i agree a healthy gronk would have helped, but you use it as too much of a crutch.

brady got outplayed in back to back afc title games, thankfully they won the first time because the team around him played well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Brady is at the same phase of his career that Elway was when they said he was done.  Then the Broncos got T. Davis and, what a surprise, Elway got 2 rings.  You can't do it by yourself.  Just ask Dan Marino.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

A blind man on a street corner can see that Brady, as good as he is, must accept a share of what has transpired in several of the big game losses.

Remember folks....when you are blinded by faith....you can never see reality.

No one is claiming Brady suxs, simply that the best and highest paid player on the team must own up to less than stellar play in some very tough to take losses.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Lets review.

Llyod as number 1 sure he is not a "true #1". Joke? Umm no, now you sound like Rusty just going over the top for effect. The only talk about him being cut has been speculation from sports writers as possibilities and scenarios that involve other moves and more so around money and not ability related.

Yep the best receiver did not play. He can't stay on the field. Two years in a row we needed him and he came up injured. It's a problem.

Ridley regressed and gave nothing? Stop being a drama queen with the over the top exaggeration.

With the exception of the 49ers game where it got out of hand and he only carried a handful of times because the Pats were throwing to catch up, he did just fine with a 4.13 ypc avg and 3 TD's over the other final 3 out of 4 games.

Foster only had 2 TD's in the final 4 games and Ray Rice only 1 TD in the final four games. Fosters team went to the divisional round and lost to the Pats and Rice's team won the superbowl. Ridley was more or as productive than either of them.

In the divisional game Ridley had a 5.5 ypc avg. Foster only had a 4.1 ypc avg.

In the AFCCG Ridley only had a 3.9 ypc avg but that I believe was in large part to being knocked out just when the Pats started running th ball down the Ravens throat. On the drive Ridley got knocked out he was running at a 6.1 ypc avg clip. Even with that said he still out did Ray Rice who only had a 2.5ypc avg in the game. Pretty sure Ridley did just fine.

Yep Welker had a drop, as did Vereen and Hernandez, all of which could be argued killed a drive. However it was Ridley getting knocked out and the Pats losing the fumble that killed a momentum drive not the welker drop. They were only down by a TD at that point. ..or even the Solder holding call on the previous possession. The drops that came later were after the Pats were already down by two scores.

I don't know anything about you but I'm quite certain you are not better than Branch and that's really not saying much for you as I agree that Branch gives absolutely nothing at this point in his career. Branch is only around because of 2 reasons. 1) Brady pines for him, and 2) injuries to Edelman and Stallworth prior.

As far as your #hit list goes. That's the one thing I like best about you. You have half the team on it one week and off it the next. You love to ride that reactionary roller coaster and it is always good for a smile to my day.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

An imbecile like yourself should never cast stones Rustyclone.