What WIll This Forum Look Like Tuesday?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

What WIll This Forum Look Like Tuesday?

If the Pats win - it might seem like Mardi Gras here with Pat fans dancing on the graves of another Jet dream whose bubble has been burst and as a  funeral dirge plays in the background, silent tears will fall in the southland

If Jets win - the oval office in the last days of Nixon - quiet with faint excuses being heard; while marchers can be seen protesting your existence this past decade.

A Tie - playing 7 minutes in heaven only to come out of the darkened room and find out that you were kissing your cousin.

Or will a mutual respect come from both fandoms.

Any which way it happens, I have a strange feeling that there will be a 3rd game between these two teams sometime in January.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: What WIll This Forum Look Like Tuesday?

In Response to What WIll This Forum Look Like Tuesday?:
    [QUOTE] Or will a mutual respect come from both fandoms. Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I doubt that will ever happen.Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: What WIll This Forum Look Like Tuesday?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to What WIll This Forum Look Like Tuesday? : I doubt that will ever happen.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

I know, but I needed more than a couple of options.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

For the record,  I won't be on line next week.  So, if the Pats were to lose, I am not dodging sqaut on here. Just saying.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

This question just makes you a troll..... Don't even try to tell us your a pats fan. But I'll give you an answer.  it will really suxs.. we put way to much emotion into these games. If we win out the rest of the season it will make it better...  

Now you have to answer me.. What did you expect for an answer??? Did you think we would be happy ??? No you didn't.. phucing TROLL !!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]This question just makes you a troll..... Don't even try to tell us your a pats fan. But I'll give you an answer.  it will really suxs.. we put way to much emotion into these games. If we win out the rest of the season it will make it better...   Now you have to answer me.. What did you expect for an answer??? Did you think we would be happy ??? No you didn't.. phucing TROLL !!!!
    Posted by justme2[/QUOTE]

Dude - not a Pats fan. Dude - not a troll.

As to your last statement - you need to get a grip on life. Sometimes these boards get a little to insane and you need a sarcastic, somewhat humerous thread to ease things up. FYI - I don't troll, but I do like to put things in their proper perspective.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I don't think there's any doubt both these teams make the tournament. I can't realistically see a wild card coming out of the south or the west. Whether or not they actually meet a third time . . .  I'm not convinced of that yet. Regardless of what happens Monday night, I don't think you'll see much change on the forum, unless it's some kind of colossal blowout (which it might be). The people who recognize that these are both pretty good teams will see the game for what it is; and the blind  homers will have their excuses all oiled-up and ready to fire. I certainly don't expect to see any exchange of "respect." Personally, the reason I don't respect Green New Jersey has nothing to do with how it plays football, and winning this -- or any -- game won't change the personality that organization has chosen to adopt. Similarly, I wouldn't expect any of our fine visitors from the Jersey area to suddenly change their view of New England's organization, if -- once again -- it turns out that the collective Green New Jersey mouth has managed to write a check its body can't cash.

It will be business as usual in here on Tuesday.

Chicago is up next . . .

break out the long cleats.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

I don't know what this forum's guna be like on Monday. But I do know if the Jets are going to win at the razor they're guna need to play alot better than they have all season. These Patriots are guna be very very ready i'd like to believe

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Hate to say it, but it's one game. I expect some bragadocius behavior from the triumphant side, and I wish it could be in the spirit of fun, but there is enough enmity on both sides for things to go downhill quickly.

It's very hard to sweep a season series when two good teams are playing.  I predicted a Pats win in week 2 and thought that the Jets would win in Foxboro in Dec.  I think the Pats do enough things right to pull it out this week, based mostly on the fact that I believe the Pats will force Sanchez into some bad throws and that the Jet's D has to pick its poison since Moss is long gone, which opens things up to a mismatch somewhere.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

This is more than just one game.  Winner most likely ends ranked #1 in the AFC and has homefield through out the playoffs and a biweek.  Losser will be a wild card and have to play 1st week of playoffs.

This game has a ton of meaning to it other than just Jets Pats.  It is the beginning of determining how the playoffs start shaping up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]This question just makes you a troll..... Don't even try to tell us your a pats fan. But I'll give you an answer.  it will really suxs.. we put way to much emotion into these games. If we win out the rest of the season it will make it better...   Now you have to answer me.. What did you expect for an answer??? Did you think we would be happy ??? No you didn't.. phucing TROLL !!!!
    Posted by justme2[/QUOTE]

now ya see? it's posters like you that really give me a case of the azz. Jessey simply started a thread to get some honest to goodness responses and opinions of this patriots forum's members and YOU have to take it upon yourself to drop a duce on the guy. No son, Jessey is not a pats fan or a red sox fan or any other fan of New England. He is however very much respected and a positive contributer to the red sox forum. (even though he is a yankee fan)

and before you try and throw your Krap at me I'll simply tell you that I am and have been a season ticket holder since before you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye.

and finally while your watching your direct TV down in fla monday nite I'll be in the crowd at the razor hootin it up with my bro's and watching our boys kick rex's behind back to new jersey.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

I think this forum will look the same as it always does on my computer - a bunch of words on a gray background.

I think the chance of these two teams meeting again in January is slim - the loser of this game has the inside track on the 5th PO spot, which means road trips all the way to the SB if they are to make it.  I have concerns about the Pat's chances of going to Indy/SD in the WC round.  Pretty much a must win for both teams, until next week.

Not a jests fan, but if I were, I would be concerned about going on the road in the PO's.  There are no Detroits/Clevelands/Houstons to play when they get there. 

Of course if SD wins the west, they could always play up to their normal level in the PO's.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

This is clearly a game with a direct line to the #1 seed.

That said, I do feel NY's road is more difficult because of Sanchez having to go into Chicago and then Pitt. 

Not ideal options right now.

I do agree it is clearly not desirable to get a WC and go on the road to Indy or SD.

That's not really debatable when you know how this team plays at home in the playoffs under BB and Brady.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

My most recent memory of the Pats in the PO's was last year - still cry myself to sleep at nite over it.

Pats are better equipped this year on O, the D is very scary with the amount of yards/points they give up.  Fortunately they have the knack for the big play, but with the competition much better, can they still deliver?  Big unknown and could be their downfall.

Pats have to go to chi-town, like the jests (very tough place to play with that fine field and all) and but have the good fortune to see GB at home.  Buffalo is playing much better (or is their competition playing down to them?) which makes that game iffy also.  Expect the fish to freeze in the cold on Jan 2.  Pat's go 3-1 down the stretch after this game. 

Still the biggest game of the year for both teams.  Can't wait.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

well antibody I hear what your saying. from 04 to early 06 I lived in West (by gawd) Melbourne (pronounced melburn) by all the rednecks that lived near me. Hey I couldn't believe how much those yahoo's hated people from up north. civil war flags and bumper stickers everywhere. something like 1,300 registered sex offenders in brevard county someone told me. but like you I was able to find a couple of good places to watch sox games and pats games. I got to see the sox win the world series from a bar owned by a couple of guys that came from west roxbury. there is also a family transplanted from the cape that own the new england seafood restraunt out on the beachside of rt192 that serves fresh seafood almost as good as the red wing on rt one near the stadium. If my mrs. didn't hate it so much down there I'd probably still be living there. oh well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]well antibody I hear what your saying. from 04 to early 06 I lived in West (by gawd) Melbourne (pronounced melburn) by all the rednecks that lived near me. Hey I couldn't believe how much those yahoo's hated people from up north. civil war flags and bumper stickers everywhere. something like 1,300 registered sex offenders in brevard county someone told me. but like you I was able to find a couple of good places to watch sox games and pats games. I got to see the sox win the world series from a bar owned by a couple of guys that came from west roxbury. there is also a family transplanted from the cape that own the new england seafood restraunt out on the beachside of rt192 that serves fresh seafood almost as good as the red wing on rt one near the stadium. If my mrs. didn't hate it so much down there I'd probably still be living there. oh well.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I was homeported out of Norfolk Va for much of the 70s and I was amazed how many people down south are still angry about losing the Civil War. Half of them probably didn't even have ancestors here back then.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What WIll This Forum Look Like Tuesday? : I know what you mean. I was homeported out of Norfolk Va for much of the 70s and I was amazed how many people down south are still angry about losing the Civil War. Half of them probably didn't even have ancestors here back then.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

oh yeah, that's right evil, I remember you mentioning that you were a "tuber" back in the 70's. man! I could never in my life have been a submariner. how'd you like the hunt for red october. great flick eh?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What WIll This Forum Look Like Tuesday? : oh yeah, that's right evil, I remember you mentioning that you were a "tuber" back in the 70's. man! I could never in my life have been a submariner. how'd you like the hunt for red october. great flick eh?

One of the other guys was a tuber/bubblehead. I was on a destroyer. I always had this saying that if my ship sank I wanted to start on the surface of the ocean not under it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

that's right! I forgot who the guy was that was on subs. did you get to go play in the south china seas at all back in the early 70's?? we might have been breathing the same air back then.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What WIll This Forum Look Like Tuesday? : I know what you mean. I was homeported out of Norfolk Va for much of the 70s and I was amazed how many people down south are still angry about losing the Civil War. Half of them probably didn't even have ancestors here back then.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

To some degree, it's still very much like that now.

There is very much an insecurity with it, especially outside of the cities and in the more rural communities.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]that's right! I forgot who the guy was that was on subs. did you get to go play in the south china seas at all back in the early 70's?? we might have been breathing the same air back then.

One short detour over there while going around South America but mostly the Med, North Sea and Atlantic. I've always had a thing for asian women though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What WIll This Forum Look Like Tuesday? : To some degree, it's still very much like that now. There is very much an insecurity with it, especially outside of the cities and in the more rural communities.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I got pulled over by a trooper in rual Va once. Tear drop sunglasses, puffed out pants with the stripe tucked into high boots and of course the smokey hat. He even called me boy. It was right after Smokey And the Bandit came out. It was all I could do to keep from laughing. I kept seeing Jackie Gleason.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I was amazed how many people down south are still angry about losing the Civil War. Half of them probably didn't even have ancestors here back then.

You forget about the ones you win.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3ac0ea7500-bb66-4242-9ae0-b80d0592bb3f&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:c0ea7500-bb66-4242-9ae0-b80d0592bb3fPost:47f11436-6412-4881-8cf5-074aeb7ec1ea">Re: What WIll This Forum Look Like Tuesday?:
    This question just makes you a troll..... Don't even try to tell us your a pats fan. But I'll give you an answer.  it will really suxs.. we put way to much emotion into these games. If we win out the rest of the season it will make it better...   Now you have to answer me.. What did you expect for an answer??? Did you think we would be happy ??? No you didn't.. phucing TROLL !!!!
    Posted by justme2

now ya see? it's posters like you that really give me a case of the azz. Jessey simply started a thread to get some honest to goodness responses and opinions of this patriots forum's members and YOU have to take it upon yourself to drop a duce on the guy. No son, Jessey is not a pats fan or a red sox fan or any other fan of New England. He is however very much respected and a positive contributer to the red sox forum. (even though he is a yankee fan)

and before you try and throw your Krap at me I'll simply tell you that I am and have been a season ticket holder since before you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye.

and finally while your watching your direct TV down in fla monday nite I'll be in the crowd at the razor hootin it up with my bro's and watching our boys kick rex's behind back to new jersey.

Have fun at the game!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

This is a funny thread Jerseyinc starts it with a typical trollish attempt to rile Pats fans then later one insists he's not a troll.

Sections
Shortcuts