What WIll This Forum Look Like Tuesday?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: What WIll This Forum Look Like Tuesday?

In Response to Re: What WIll This Forum Look Like Tuesday?:
    In Response to Re: What WIll This Forum Look Like Tuesday? : OK, I've been meaning to ask for a while, but your name, from what I can tell, Cables Wynd is pretty much a housing project in England - London? Not sure. If it isn't, my apologies. I used wikipedia as a source a while ago to look it up. So, it is in England though. And Bairn is Gaelic for son which means you are a proud son of Cables Wynd. But your signature is, from what I can tell, the IRA. Based on that, I see that you are potentially an Irish guy who grew up in England. Not even sure why I am asking. Just a bit bored I guess. Anyway, glad you are a Pats fan.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Close Enoch, and I'm surprised that someone would do the research.  I am from Leith (Edinburgh, Scotland).  I am Scotch-Irish, my parents are from Belfast and Dublin, but they moved to Scotland before I was born.  Cables Wynd House is where I lived as a bairn (which is Scots for child), before my parents bought their first home.  Moved to Boston as a teen, my dad took a job here, and I have flitted back and forth to the UK since.  Tiocfaidh ár lá is Gaelic, it was/is a political slogan associated with the the IRA by some, and its translation (loosely) is "our day shall come", but don't mistake it for IRA hate speech.  It was a rallying call for a united Ireland.  I use it here in a sports forum, admittedly not as important as a united Ireland, but "our day" is for the Patriots, Red Sox and the Celts as a reminder that the championships will come for deserving Boston sports fans.  Sorry for the long explanation.       

So back to the business at hand.  I came here to recant my earlier post about the abilities of an improved Mark Sanchez and the Jets.  I think as other posters have warned that they were truly lucky to be 9-2, and that they finally played a team that was not going to roll over for them.  I say half in jest that the Alabama Crimson Tide could've given the Pats a better game tonight.       

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Now we know how Goodell will punish the pats next.  He will take away a 1st rd pick for having IRA terrorist fans, citing we need to clean up our image. LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Your gonna need a united Ireland now to pay off that debt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjmj430. Show pjmj430's posts

this team was a fraud the coach is an embarassment the qb sux they should be 6-6 at best...

the pats didnt score enough in my opinion...

priceless fatboys watery eyes at his press conference...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Pretty happy as a Pats fan thank you very much....

Brady, & team put on the the most comprehensive and efficient offensive clinic
    in a big game that I have seen in awhile....Somewhat masterful!
    Ok, so  the shuffle pass to Woodhead was my favorite play ...I admit it...

Oh and that much maligned Defense that the sports pundits keep going on a about  with their statistical diatribes  looked pretty damn good to me too.

Yup, it's a pretty nice Tuesday....Thanks for asking....:-)

6. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts