what would happen if seymour sits out this year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

what would happen if seymour sits out this year?

seymour is real angry about being traded.he will be thirty,and has plenty of money.is it possible he sits out this season?or just retire?does this do anything with the trade?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/what-is-richard-seymour-doesnt-show-in-oakland/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: would seymour sit out this year?

I guess that would be an option for him, but he would still have another contract year to play before he qualifies for Free Agency...

I feel bad for him but Sports is a business!

A lot of people outside of professional sports are getting laid off right now and do not even have the chance to working for another "company"

Would him not reporting effect the Patriots trade in any way?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Munichpatsfan:

Yes....real funny...not.  Show some compassion...Dickwad.  The guy's kids just started school, etc. etc.  You'd be shocked too......not to be disrespectful but you are coming across like on eof those people who just sit at home all day in the basement of their parent's home on-line.  I'm sure you're not...but you get my point ...right?

Right now the guy is in shock, he'll report.  He's not walking away from 4 million.  Sure it stinks.  But there are people out there much worse, getting laid off, etc.  BTW....Note to Seymour.....as Cher would say...."Snap out of it!!!"  (And he will...as I said he's simply caught by surprise.) It's his chosen profession.  It happens...and he will deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

He won't sit out. He might get hurt this year, play sparingly and what not, but he will be a raider a year. Why, because he is a FA next year. He might even try and turn it on this year to cash in big. The only thing I could see him worried about is getting franchised next year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Guys usually play their best football in the last year of their contract.  If Sey doesn't get hurt, I think he will play his best.  Who would want him if he took the year off?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

actually they are saying if he was to be nasty and not show,there will be no trade.sure he can lose money this year,but not to where it would hurt him for a year.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/raiders/detail?&entry_id=47005

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: would seymour sit out this year?:
    [QUOTE]Munichpatsfan: Yes....real funny...not.  Show some compassion...Dickwad.  The guy's kids just started school, etc. etc.  You'd be shocked too......not to be disrespectful but you are coming across like on eof those people who just sit at home all day in the basement of their parent's home on-line.  I'm sure you're not...but you get my point ...right? Right now the guy is in shock, he'll report.  He's not walking away from 4 million.  Sure it stinks.  But there are people out there much worse, getting laid off, etc.  BTW....Note to Seymour.....as Cher would say...."Snap out of it!!!"  (And he will...as I said he's simply caught by surprise.) It's his chosen profession.  It happens...and he will deal.
    Posted by schwank[/QUOTE]

This is an absolutely great post! Spot on in every way! While these BB tories keep praising him for this dismantling (Scott Pioli where are you?), there is zero loyalty to a guy who has been and still is an exceptional player, at a position of need, whose absence is going to hurt the lockerroom and make those around him worse on the field. By the way, Wilfork and his agent now know his value to the Pats just skyrocketed, so forget about any "cap savings."
    What a way to treat a guy who has been the face of your defense...for a draft pick three years away??? What does this say to the rest of the guys?
    Prediction: Seymour shows up in Oakland and has a monster year, bigger than he would have had in New England. His biggest regret today is that Oakland is not on our schedule. The man is a pro's pro, and he is the perfect tonic for a team which was desperate for leadership and quality at the dL position. Best of luck, Richard. Show these tories, yes-men, and group thinkers what a real Patriot can do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

HE has held out twice,so yes its possible he could do it again.IT may come down to what his family wants,and in there best interest.I guess i wouldnt dream of that first round pick just yet.its not guarantee until he signs with the raiders.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Would you pass up 4 million dollars because your angry?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I wouldnt,but who knows what these players will do.it seems players can do just about what they want.look at crabtrees situation.he is holding out,maybe until next year,and probably go back into next years draft,and the 49ers lose out this year.im not sure if they get an extra 1st rd pick,if this is to happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Very true. But what would not reporting really do? Just to s[rew us out of a draft pick? By not reporting he could hurt his chances of signing a big contract with many teams next year. Not to mention, it would make him look completely selfish and not a team player. I mean if you think Cutler is a cry baby (and I most certainly do) than Seymour not reporting would trump Cutlers' little outburst.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Semour should have a great year, beside LT who else does he need to stop in the AFC West - Lamont Jordan or an old Larry Johnson?!

This is playing into his strengths in a contract year! he should be happy he doesn't face Miami's wildcat again or Marshawn Lynch (even if only once) and the Jests....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I agree,and would love to see that 1st rd pick here,im just not one to get to excited until everything,and anything is a sure thing.i think he will show,im just thinking what if by this article.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

No chance he will not play this year. If he doesn't play he is not a free agent after the end of the season and can't cash in on the big contract he wants. We all know Seymour is all about the money.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

How many threads do we need on this subject?no way he turns down the money,or next year.he is mad,and may take his time,but he will show.sure its possible he sits out,but unlikly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]No chance he will not play this year. If he doesn't play he is not a free agent after the end of the season and can't cash in on the big contract he wants. We all know Seymour is all about the money.
    Posted by flasox[/QUOTE] it is about the money.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]HE has held out twice,so yes its possible he could do it again.IT may come down to what his family wants,and in there best interest.I guess i wouldnt dream of that first round pick just yet.its not guarantee until he signs with the raiders.
    Posted by Vladtheimpaler1[/QUOTE] the raiders report is that they havent heard from him,im sure he is just takeing his time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

$eymour is about one thing and one thing only $$$.  I have hated him sense his holdout.

He has no leverage on Oakland.  Oakland gave up nothing except a future pick.  If he holds out he doesn't get paid.

This has to be the greatest pay back in the history of sports.  He F'ed us once and now he got F'ed.  Priceless.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

If he does not report after a "5 day Letter to Report" He would be put on the reserve left club list.....

Once on the reserve/left club list, Seymour would be unable to play for anyone in 2009, and his contract would toll by a full year, with his salary of roughly $3.7 million applicable in 2010, if he decides at that point to show up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

[QUOTE]If he does not report after a "5 day Letter to Report" He would be put on the reserve left club list..... Once on the reserve/left club list, Seymour would be unable to play for anyone in 2009, and his contract would toll by a full year, with his salary of roughly $3.7 million applicable in 2010, if he decides at that point to show up.
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]
    Seymour will report and pay. Otherwise he is not a free agent next year, which many people speculate will be a uncapped year. He will make some big $$$. And if there is no labor agreement next year can the Raiders still franchise him? I am not sure. Anybody know that answer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

He will play becasue he will figure out pretty fast that he can make a big difference on that team. The division is weak and he is coming in as a big upgrade. He might make a +3 win difference if he stays healthy (OK they will still sck a bit). Ideal situation for him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]No chance he will not play this year. If he doesn't play he is not a free agent after the end of the season and can't cash in on the big contract he wants. We all know Seymour is all about the money.
    Posted by flasox[/QUOTE] i wouldnt say its no chance he wont play,he is 30,and not many more years left in the tank,he could retire,and im sure still has plenty of money.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: would seymour sit out this year? : Seymour will report and pay. Otherwise he is not a free agent next year, which many people speculate will be a uncapped year. He will make some big $$$. And if there is no labor agreement next year can the Raiders still franchise him? I am not sure. Anybody know that answer.
    Posted by Brady2Moss07[/QUOTE]

If it an uncapped year each team has 2 franchise tags and a player needs 6 years to be a FA, so yes they can easily franchise him

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: would seymour sit out this year? : the raiders report is that they havent heard from him,im sure he is just takeing his time.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Mosseffect43 is correct. Seymour knows he has a few days. He will show up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: would seymour sit out this year? : Mosseffect43 is correct. Seymour knows he has a few days. He will show up.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea[/QUOTE] im hopeing he does!but im really wondering though.he may force the five day letter,and show up on the fith day,but he could retire,or sit out a year.who knows.this isnt the first time he has refused to play.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/seymour-could-eventually-get-five-day-letter/

Sections
Shortcuts