What would it take to trade Tom Brady?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: What would it take to trade Tom Brady?

I really thought about this one and I'd take either:

Watt, a 1st, and 2nd (I really love Watt and wished we moved up to grab him)

or A Rodgers straight up. In his prime Brady is by far and away better than Rodgers but right now it's closer than I think we'd all like to admit and Rodgers is the younger of the two so we'd get more year out of him.

I thought about RG3 and a 1st but unless RG3 learns to duck I don't think he's going to last very long in the league.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

At this point, I don't think you could replace Brady with anyone you could reasonably trade for who would also be as good as Brady.  As Eng says, Rogers might be a good trade, but that's not going to happen.  May as well talk about installing an offense that relies on the wide receivers acquiring wings and flying down field..  Maybe as Brady ages trading him for a high pick becomes more reasonable, but at this stage in his career trading him would be dumb.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

even in Brady's decline, he is still arguably in the top 5 qb's in the league And probably will be in that discussion for another couple of years. 

Assuming he completely falls of the cliff, his legacy means more to Kraft that a first round draft pick. No way Kraft allows Brady to wear another teams jersey. 

the only way I would even consider this is if mallett could step in and produce. Even if his production was not as great as Brady's, but, in return we nabbed a JJ watt where our defense then became all world so it could pick up the slack while mallett became comfortable or we identified another QB that could run the offense. So JJ watt + 1st rounder may do it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Tom Brady will never be traded as long as Kraft owns the team. Brady will retire a Patriot and
    when the times comes to put him in the Pat's HOF they will unveil a statue in the courtyard area in front of the HOF.

Like Russell and Orr are to their respective teams, Brady is the face of the franchise and more importantly to Krafy brady is the crown jewel of his tenure and Kraft will never tarnish his legacy or Brady's.

as an aside John hannah should also have a statue in my opinion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

Colin Kapernik and either Aldon Smith or Patrick Willis.

+1.  I was thinking Kapernik and a 1st.

Kapernick isn't going to be all that some people think he will be.

Maybe, but If I were to trade Brady I'd want a young QB (not Rogers) back and I think he's the best of the young QB's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

I'll play. 

I'd have to go with Andrew Luck and (2) 1st round picks.  I might cave and make it (1) 1st round pick.  Proven champion for top 3 young quarterback(under 3 years exp).  5 years of brady versus the potential of 15 on Luck...with 1-2 picks to hedge the bet.  Strongly have to consider it.  I think Luck has the best long term career potential due to his strength in the pocket.  RGIII and his type quarterbacks are 1 hit away from a career ending injury.  That is true of all of those guys, but Luck takes alot less big hits due to being in the pocket most of the time.  Also doesn't rely on his legs to be good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

How about for a broadway musical?

Regards,

Harry Frazee

Sections
Shortcuts