What would Pat's 2010 record be without Brady? MVP Debate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

What would Pat's 2010 record be without Brady? MVP Debate

We were having a debate on another thread on this subject but I thought it would be interesting to open it up.  As we all know, Brady lead the 2007 team to a 16-0 record.  He was hurt in the first quarter of the 2008.  Cassel came in and did a solid job but we finished 11-5 and missed the play-offs.  True we lost Samuel but we gained Defensive Rookie of the Year Mayo.  Other than that, the 2008 roster was pretty much the same.  So, if the loss of Brady theoretically cost us 5 games in 2008, what would our record have been in 2010 if Brady went down in week 1 with this team and Hoyer stepped in?  I say 8-8 at best.  Brady's importance to our team is every bit as much as Vick or any other QB are to their team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: What would Pat's 2010 record be without Brady? MVP Debate

8-8 without Brady.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Same record.  The Pats are greater than any one player, even Brady.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Plus, the Eagles already won a few games without Vick because they're stacked on offense.

With the media, I noticed Peyton and the Colts can be runaway favorites for anything and everything. I noticed the Jets could be runaway preseason favorites for the Super Bowl. The minute New England looks like it's running away with anything, it's "whoa whoa, wait a minute. Let's throw some other team into the mix or some other player into the mix." I noticed ESPN from weeks 11-15. Falcons beat up on nobodies and Patriots went through Super Bowl contenders, and yet the Falcons were still ranked #1. It took a 45-3 beatdown of the Jets followed by a 36-7 beatdown of the Bears (after a week of "the Patriots will lose in Chicago because they'll come crashing down after an emotional high on Monday Night", I might add)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

All in all, I think the '08 team was a much better team than our miracle team thus far of 2010.  Statically, it's no contest.  The '08 team ranked 5th in offense and 10th in defense where the 2010 team is 11th in offense and 27th in defense.  But there are a lot of intangibles.  Still I think if Hoyer were leading this team since week 1 with these young TEs and RBs and a very young and inexperienced D with his own inexperience we'd be no better than the Dolphins.  There is no way we'd be 13-2.

Sections
Shortcuts