What would you trade for Larry Fitzgerald?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbetourne. Show rbetourne's posts

What would you trade for Larry Fitzgerald?

That might not be a bad idea.  If the Pats could package Mallett and Lloyd for Fitzgerald--that would free up $$$ for the Cardinals and they could use their first rounder on Tavon Austin.  So, you get Mallett, Lloyd and Austin for Fitzgerald--and probably still save $$$.  Their defense is good--shoot throw in Vereen (only if they know Demps is coming back for sure) and Fells--and get a 2nd round draft pick from the Cards.  Suddenly Arizona has whole new offense:  QB/RB/TE/Two wr's---all pretty young and all you have to do is give up Fitzy and a draft pick.  The Pats end up w/elite receiver and another higher 2nd round pick--so they would have 3 picks in the top 60 picks in a deep draft.  They resign Welker and Vollmer and let Talib walk if he gets too crazy w/demands.    I would pull that trigger......I will wake up from dreaming now. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: What would you trade for Larry Fitzgerald?

Lot of maneuvering and giving up more than a little for Fitz, assuming the Cards want the deal.  Not sure it would work and less sure it's a good idea.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

wake up rbetourne!! There is no way Arizona would go for that! And Demps return has nothing to do with Vereen. Woody = Vereen,  not Demps.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Josh Beckett, A-Gon, CC and.....oops...nevermind  :  )

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Problem with these trade ideas is that the signing bonus dead money does not travel with the player but stays with the team making the trade. If the Cards traded Fitz this year they would take an 18M dead money cap hit! That would totally blow up their cap management. Same situation would be true for the Pats:

Dead Money:

Mankins 12M

Mayo 13M

Hernadez 10M

Gronk 11M

(Brady 46M !!!)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

LOL Mallett and Lloyd for Fitz? I wish man!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Alot. This guy would be a dream for TB, better than Moss was in 2007

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Mallett, MCcourty, our First and that 

probably would start a conversation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I kind of doubt Arizona would be interested in a bipolar wide reciever and a quarterback that may have a strong arm, but not much else. Well you never know...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If I'm Arizona I'm thinking why would you think I'd trade the best WR in the NFL for castoffs?   If these guys have so much value why trade them in the first place?

one has never played and the other had to be moved to a different position    Keep what we get in the draft   We need a d lineman.  We need a pass rush. Then the rest of he d looks better. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Josh Beckett, A-Gon, CC and.....oops...nevermind  :  )

They still have Lackey.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Trade Gronkowski--keep Hernandez and Welker with Fitzgerald--Gronk seems injury prone-let's give Tom the Younger deep threat JMO