Whatever happened to Reche Caldwell?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from browndawg29. Show browndawg29's posts

Whatever happened to Reche Caldwell?

Why don't the Pats give him a call.  We all remember the drop in the 2007 AFC Championship game (Pats scored on next play anyway), however, he wasn't a bad 2nd-3rd receiver.  He knows the offense.  Not sure why his phone hasn't rang.  He would be a good pickup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Re: Whatever happened to Reche Caldwell?

He hasn't played since 2007.  He couldn't make the Redskins roster the year after we cut him - that says something.  I would suggest we're better off with Nunn...or even Galloway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The fact he couldn't make the Redskins squad pretty much says a lot about BB's action to release him.

By the way, browndog...  4 posts since 2007, just getting back into the game?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

In Response to Re: Whatever happened to Reche Caldwell?:
    [QUOTE]Why don't we just fire BB and make you the Coach! BB knows what best, he'll make the decision, not you.
    Posted by BBRULES23[/QUOTE]

you say this every time a board like this is started...  "why dont we make you GM? why doesnt kraft hire you?" we get it. BB is a genious. this is a DISCUSSION board.  not a DECISION board. no ones trying to make decisions for the team. just making conversation. when are you going to realize that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

ARE YOU FCUKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?1
    reche? Id rather line up Brady as WR than call back Reche Caldwell

while you are at it, go ahead and call Andre Tippet, he was a LB once, he can help us

as well as jim nance and frig'n harry potter

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

I found him. He hasn't aged well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

LMFAO!! great picture. Catfish Caldwell was last seen swimming in Washington for 15 Recs/141 yds. in 2007

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]He hasn't played since 2007.  He couldn't make the Redskins roster the year after we cut him - that says something.  I would suggest we're better off with Nunn...or even Galloway.
    Posted by SonnyCorlione[/QUOTE]

Actually the fact he didn't play much for the redskins tells us nothing. Nothing at all.

Fact is He was on the street if i recall when the Pats signed him and he came and made almost 70 catches that season. Branch only did that once in his career and it certainly wasn't his first season in the Pats system. Givens never did it here. Neither did Patten, Stallworth, or Gaffney. None of them caught as many passes as Reche'. I can go back and name others...

Gaffney was on the street as well IF I recall correctly before the Pats signed him. What ANY player does somewhere else tells us almost nothing about what he will or is capable of doing in the Pats systems and under their coaching tutelage.

I am not saying I agree with the mans comments that they should get him now but his opinion could easily be argued.

I do however agree with you that Edeleman, Sam, and Nunn are all options better suited and currently in the fold. Not to mention that Edelman and Nunn have the youth to go along with that talent.

....and this is without even bringing up the long shot possibility that Tate could give you something as a receiver before years end.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnpgee. Show bnpgee's posts

In Response to Whatever happened to Reche Caldwell?:
    [QUOTE]Why don't the Pats give him a call.  We all remember the drop in the 2007 AFC Championship game (Pats scored on next play anyway), however, he wasn't a bad 2nd-3rd receiver.  He knows the offense.  Not sure why his phone hasn't rang.  He would be a good pickup.
    Posted by browndawg29[/QUOTE]
    The Pats only came away with a field goal on that drive which turned out to be the difference in the game. I think you have it confused with a Reche drop in the first half near the goal line which Gaffney salvaged with a great catch on the next play at the endline of the endzone. In the second half, the Colts forgot to send someone out on Caldwell at the near sideline and Brady audibled and sent a spiral which our bug-eyed friend let hit him in the numbers before dropping a sure fifteen yard waltz to paydirt while being totally uncovered.  On the whole though, Caldwell did provide suprizing production throughout the year and had come up big before, but his propensity for drops and the above-mentioned critical one in particular was probably y BB sent him packing and all the blah-blah about his Redskin stay says more about the simple fact that the 'skins r not the Pats than it does about Mr. Caldwell's abilities.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Well, if neither Nunn nor Tate work out I can't see any harm in bringing in Caldwell.  He was our leading receiver in 2006.  I think that qualifies him to be our 3rd or 4th option now.  Like I said though, only if Nunn or Tate do not work out.

I guess the price he paid for that critical drop was great.  Some mistakes are career altering.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Whatever happened to Reche Caldwell? : The Pats only came away with a field goal on that drive which turned out to be the difference in the game. I think you have it confused with a Reche drop in the first half near the goal line which Gaffney salvaged with a great catch on the next play at the endline of the endzone. In the second half, the Colts forgot to send someone out on Caldwell at the near sideline and Brady audibled and sent a spiral which our bug-eyed friend let hit him in the numbers before dropping a sure fifteen yard waltz to paydirt while being totally uncovered.  On the whole though, Caldwell did provide suprizing production throughout the year and had come up big before, but his propensity for drops and the above-mentioned critical one in particular was probably y BB sent him packing and all the blah-blah about his Redskin stay says more about the simple fact that the 'skins r not the Pats than it does about Mr. Caldwell's abilities.
    Posted by bnpgee[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it.  Caldwell's drop was the difference between overtime and a 38-34 loss.

I'd only sign him as a last resort, and only then as a temporary filler until other guys get healthy.  I'd rather see Nunn and/or Tate get a chance because I believe they'd improve over time, whereas Caldwell is what he is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Let's see what Nunn and Tate can do first.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

I'd rather that Harrison then Caldwell. Atleast he can catch

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Why don't the Pats give him a call.  We all remember the drop in the 2007 AFC Championship game

This is like calling an old girlfriend who cheated on you once. She may have been great for the first few years, but the cheating part is what you have to remember. She will do it again.

My memory of Reche is critical dropped passes. What he did before that is not important. He will do it again!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HubbDave. Show HubbDave's posts

Bring back Troy Brown???  Or Stanley Morgan????

Maybe Tony Eason can be the backup...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]Bring back Troy Brown???  Or Stanley Morgan???? Maybe Tony Eason can be the backup...
    Posted by HubbDave[/QUOTE]

Watching the Pats in those throwbacks (and in the now) last week had me wondering, "Why is Matt Cavanaugh throwing to Tony Eason?"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whatever happened to Reche Caldwell? : Actually the fact he didn't play much for the redskins tells us nothing. Nothing at all. Fact is He was on the street if i recall when the Pats signed him and he came and made almost 70 catches that season. Branch only did that once in his career and it certainly wasn't his first season in the Pats system. Givens never did it here. Neither did Patten, Stallworth, or Gaffney. None of them caught as many passes as Reche'. I can go back and name others... Gaffney was on the street as well IF I recall correctly before the Pats signed him. What ANY player does somewhere else tells us almost nothing about what he will or is capable of doing in the Pats systems and under their coaching tutelage. I am not saying I agree with the mans comments that they should get him now but his opinion could easily be argued. I do however agree with you that Edeleman, Sam, and Nunn are all options better suited and currently in the fold. Not to mention that Edelman and Nunn have the youth to go along with that talent. ....and this is without even bringing up the long shot possibility that Tate could give you something as a receiver before years end.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

Yes, Gaffney and Caldwell were both "on the street" but they were active free agents who had either been cut from other teams recently.  Caldwell we picked up in free agency.

Specific to Caldwell though, as soon as Gaffney stepped in mid way through the season he became the number one target.  Caldwell's numbers are only a reflection of limited options for Brady that season.  It was really dreadful to see that team on the field.  They virtually played two wide, two tight ends until the playoffs and they looked across at 8 guys in the box constantly.  There is less than zero percent change of them calling Caldwell.  I would say his playing days are over at this point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I didnt really like Gaffney much either.  I miss david givens.  too bad the frickin TITANS killed him.  We have/do needed/need someone that defenses have to respect on the other side of randy.  No one has been very good there, then again Gaffney goes to Denver and looks great suddenly.  I would rather have a know good one than a drafted one, myself. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Lets trade the Lions a couple for Mr Johnson.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whatever happened to Reche Caldwell? : Watching the Pats in those throwbacks (and in the now) last week had me wondering, "Why is Matt Cavanaugh throwing to Tony Eason?"
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

LOL....I still like the old uni's though

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whatever happened to Reche Caldwell? : Actually the fact he didn't play much for the redskins tells us nothing. Nothing at all. Fact is He was on the street if i recall when the Pats signed him and he came and made almost 70 catches that season. Branch only did that once in his career and it certainly wasn't his first season in the Pats system. Givens never did it here. Neither did Patten, Stallworth, or Gaffney. None of them caught as many passes as Reche'. I can go back and name others... Gaffney was on the street as well IF I recall correctly before the Pats signed him. What ANY player does somewhere else tells us almost nothing about what he will or is capable of doing in the Pats systems and under their coaching tutelage. I am not saying I agree with the mans comments that they should get him now but his opinion could easily be argued. I do however agree with you that Edeleman, Sam, and Nunn are all options better suited and currently in the fold. Not to mention that Edelman and Nunn have the youth to go along with that talent. ....and this is without even bringing up the long shot possibility that Tate could give you something as a receiver before years end.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

I agree, ESPECIALLY when the other team in question is the Redskins. Only the Raiders are worse judges of talent.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zigmundo. Show zigmundo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whatever happened to Reche Caldwell? : Watching the Pats in those throwbacks (and in the now) last week had me wondering, "Why is Matt Cavanaugh throwing to Tony Eason?"
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from browndawg29. Show browndawg29's posts

Not looking for Caldwell to be a 1, 2 or 3.  Just a 4. 

I think Bill should make the phone call.

Sections
Shortcuts