Whatever happens the rest of the way this season. Something needs to change! I think I know what it is??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kb87. Show kb87's posts

Whatever happens the rest of the way this season. Something needs to change! I think I know what it is??

Last Sunday verse MIA. (this is just one example of many suspect play calls)

3rd and 6 and the ofensive play call is a fade route to Welker up the middle?

Get the first down! Move the chains! What happened to dink'n and dunk'n up field, moving the chains? Also, what happened to the bend but don't break defense? This defense is more likevthe break, break and break some more D!

The "blame" obviously belongs with every player on the roster! Yes, they must work harder to get better but, BB needs to change both his coordinators this offseason! BB has way too much on his plate! In my opinion, BB is still the same "genious" coach we all know and respect! I think he's been forced to take on way too much with the terrible coaching at the OC and DC levels. Coupled with the lack of leadership in the locker room? Nugh ugh, sorry Dean and Sully. You gotta go!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Re: Whatever happens the rest of the way this season. Something needs to change! I think I know what it is??

"the ofensive play call is a fade route to Welker up the middle?"

I don't think you can run a fade up the middle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Whatever happens the rest of the way this season. Something needs to change! I think I know what it is??

In Response to Whatever happens the rest of the way this season. Something needs to change! I think I know what it is??:
    Last Sunday verse MIA. (this is just one example of many suspect play calls) 3rd and 6 and the ofensive play call is a fade route to Welker up the middle? Get the first down! Move the chains! What happened to dink'n and dunk'n up field, moving the chains? Also, what happened to the bend but don't break defense? This defense is more likevthe break, break and break some more D! The "blame" obviously belongs with every player on the roster! Yes, they must work harder to get better but, BB needs to change both his coordinators this offseason! BB has way too much on his plate! In my opinion, BB is still the same "genious" coach we all know and respect! I think he's been forced to take on way too much with the terrible coaching at the OC and DC levels. Coupled with the lack of leadership in the locker room? Nugh ugh, sorry Dean and Sully. You gotta go!
    Posted by kbev87

I hear you on the play selection..Brady has options on that play he just chose to go to Welker. Welker was open and it was a good choice, just a bad throw. He's been doing that all year unfortunately.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gridlocked. Show gridlocked's posts

4th down on the 6 yard line up by 10, they go for it, don't make it and we end up losing by less than a field goal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

How about a hunger to WIN football games??!!  Do you sense there aren't enough leaders on this team who feel this way?  Here just to collect a check as it seems AT is now?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

First game I can honestly say Moss is not in it.  Stopped on his route and it was intercepted. If he kept running he would have had it.  Next time he gets ball and turns and loses it.  It looks like none of them want to be there.  Has Belichick lost it with the players?  Are they tuning him out and not playing for him?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Some big changes are due in the off season, this can't continue!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the problem is the pats play calling is to predictable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In Response to Re: Whatever happens the rest of the way this season. Something needs to change! I think I know what it is??:
    How about a hunger to WIN football games??!!  Do you sense there aren't enough leaders on this team who feel this way?  Here just to collect a check as it seems AT is now?
    Posted by agcsbill

Moss looks more and more like one of them.  Probably won't be with the Pats next season either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: Whatever happens the rest of the way this season. Something needs to change! I think I know what it is??:
    First game I can honestly say Moss is not in it.  Stopped on his route and it was intercepted. If he kept running he would have had it.  Next time he gets ball and turns and loses it.  It looks like none of them want to be there.  Has Belichick lost it with the players?  Are they tuning him out and not playing for him?
    Posted by boomerst3

If this is the case, the players have to go.  Moss was given the benefit of the doubt; had a great first season with the (new) team.  However, his 2009 performance probably doesn't surprise Oakland fans.  As the self-proclaimed wisest one on the team stated, "He's not the Jetsons."  What is he supposed to do, blast off to catch the ball and cruise into the end zone?  Of course, this isn't kindergarten.

Perhaps, the team has hit that familiar spot where they need to bring in a new cast of receivers?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat. Show seattlepat's posts

the problem is the pats play calling is to predictable.
    Posted by mosseffect43

So true. It's more predictable than the 2-1 pass-run ratio that everyone looks at. It's much worse on critical downs. What % of third down plays do you think NE has passed the ball this season? I am betting it's over 80%. And of those passess, I bet more than 50% was a pass to WW.

It was over 90% today (10/11). And th only time TB handed the ball to LM on third down was at 2 mins to go on the fourth. 5 I think went to WW.

This is today's count on third down. I bet it's the same on some critical non-third downs. This tendency really makes it easy for DCs to decide how they will play the Pats on critical downs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

I think the Pats need to go back to the philosophy that started the dynasty. Finding hard working players and that say football is important to them. Isn't that what we used to hear from Scott and Bill all the time. High character, unselfish
    players. I think once you coddle certain players you create a double standard within the club house. The other players see it and don't like it. I think this is what was happening to this team. The message Belichick was sending to the four players was nobody is bigger - more important than the team. That includes high priced free agents LBs and delicate WRs. A few years ago they told Terry Glenn to go home. It was the right move!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Whatever happens the rest of the way this season. Something needs to change! I think I know what it is?? : Moss looks more and more like one of them.  Probably won't be with the Pats next season either.
    Posted by Salcon

I thought Randy looked..... well.... "Raider-esque" today. I wasn't a proponent for signing him,a nd said it'd only be a matter of time. Well, let's recap: 8-5, late game losses in 3 games, dropped passes, not running good routes, fumble,  Hate to say it, but I believe the "time" is upon us. I hope the Pats jump the Bills by 28 before half, and then run every single stinking play to Randy. Make him put up or sulk away.

I don't know how he can not be affected by what he did today,e specially how Welker was getting absolutely hammered every time he touched the ball. I'm embarrassed for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAT-from-India. Show PAT-from-India's posts

Leave MOSS alone .. he will be good.... Brady has a very good chemistry with MOSS and that has shown in this season as well.

Unlike AD he has made significant impact as a patriot

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gridlocked. Show gridlocked's posts

When Moss fumbled (not excusing that) did anyone notice he had three db's all over him? He is one reason Welker has less attention from the opposition. If Moss wasn't here they would be smothering Welker. He is almost always battling double coverage and running long routes for nothing because the ball is rarely thrown long anywhere near him anymore. 

You have to cut Moss some slack imo on what is perceived here as opposed to Thomas who made his position clear.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gianfran. Show gianfran's posts

When Moss fumbled (not excusing that) did anyone notice he had three db's all over him? He is one reason Welker has less attention from the opposition. If Moss wasn't here they would be smothering Welker. He is almost always battling double coverage and running long routes for nothing because the ball is rarely thrown long anywhere near him anymore.  You have to cut Moss some slack imo on what is perceived here as opposed to Thomas who made his position clear.
    Posted by gridlocked

I agree.  Moss hasn't been playing well lately and a lot has to do with the double coverage and Brady not being 100%.  I would also say that this has had a negative psychological effect on Moss and he's gone into a slump.  It happens in baseball all of the time with great players.  I think that if he and Brady make a focussed effort, Moss can get back into a positive state of mind (a decent offensive coaching staff might of also helped here......Weiss may have helped Brady in this way early in his career). 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kickwax. Show kickwax's posts

The play calling has been bad, last week on 3rd and 2...they run a spread set with no running back.  No threat of run on 3rd and 2, thats not smart.  They are very predictable, particularly, once you see the formation.

I was not a Moss fan prior to his coming to NE, now I am, yesterdays game was horrible, but the bottom line is teams are now over covering him and making Welker great.  The biggest problem I have with Moss, is what I will call the Moss effect.  The coordinator and TB focus too much on the big play with RM.  Our defense needs to be off the field, we need long drives, not 3 and out or a TD in 1:28.

With the exception of the NO game, the defense has been servicable, but the O needs to give them some help in terms of time of possession.

Sections
Shortcuts