What's going on with Moss?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maineeac. Show Maineeac's posts

What's going on with Moss?

Several times today, Fox has shown Brady talking to Moss on the sideline while the announcers have said repeatedly that Moss "isn't here" today. Is the Brady/Belichick/Moss honeymoon over? What are the chances at this point that Moss is back next season?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Re: What's going on with Moss?

Not sure what the deal is with him. Hasn't been the same this year compared to 07 has it? This game in particular. Fred Kirsch of Patriots.com said he talked to a very reliable source within the team and he said Moss hasn't been healthy since week 2.

I assume it is his back because thats what was bothering him a while back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

that explains it.... he still has had a pretty good year tho

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He had a bad game, it happens.  I'm just going to enjoy a much needed win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

If Moss isn't healthy he shouldn't be out there, but he hasn't even shown up on the injury report. He looked totally disinterested today. And he's supposed to be a captain? Poor effort.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

They (coaching staff) should of make a better effort to get him involved.  A few WR screens would of been golden.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to What's going on with Moss?:
    Several times today, Fox has shown Brady talking to Moss on the sideline while the announcers have said repeatedly that Moss "isn't here" today. Is the Brady/Belichick/Moss honeymoon over? What are the chances at this point that Moss is back next season?
    Posted by Maineeac

They use Moss to clean the middle of the field for Welker. When they run Moss Across the middle he has been effective in the past, it's just that we don't see it much. The coaching staff really needs to make an effort to change this or we're wasting his talent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

In Response to Re: What's going on with Moss?:
    He had a bad game, it happens.  I'm just going to enjoy a much needed win.
    Posted by shenanigan

thank you!! very good perspective.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

In Response to What's going on with Moss? : They use Moss to clean the middle of the field for Welker. When they run Moss Across the middle he has been effective in the past, it's just that we don't see it much. The coaching staff really needs to make an effort to change this or we're wasting his talent.
    Posted by ewhite1065

100% accurate... these globe reporters dont understand footbal so look out for another week of randy moss bashing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: What's going on with Moss? : 100% accurate... these globe reporters dont understand footbal so look out for another week of randy moss bashing
    Posted by 81pats12

You're right and believe me I will ignore every column on the topic. They want to make this into a love / hate thing and a Belichick is bad thing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

In Response to Re: What's going on with Moss? : You're right and believe me I will ignore every column on the topic. They want to make this into a love / hate thing and a Belichick is bad thing.
    Posted by ewhite1065

its absolutely ridiculous to think that someone who makes his money off catching a football...doesn't want to catch the football... i swear every boston sportswriter ignores the stats because right now he's top ten in a couple of catagories but all i hear is how he's "packing it in"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfanNH. Show patsfanNH's posts

Yeah...I just think he got up on the wrong side of the bed....It happens..He is too important for this offense whether the ball gets thrown to him or not.....Man is Gasper morphing into the globe's version of borges!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: What's going on with Moss? : You're right and believe me I will ignore every column on the topic. They want to make this into a love / hate thing and a Belichick is bad thing.
    Posted by ewhite1065

It's not a love/hate thing, but people have to realize that when Randy Moss is not getting the football, the effort will not be there.  It's part of his makeup as a player, doesn't matter whether you like it or not it's never gunna change.  BB has to find a way to get him the ball or he WILL check out-don't think for a second that "just" winning will keep him interested.  There's a difference between being content (not whining) and being interested, and an uninterested Moss is no good.  I know this sounds like i'm hating, but those are the facts and I say this as a fan who loves Moss.  Whatever happened to the fade on the goal line? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Moss was  terrible He better straighten on his act. he dropped 3 or 4 passes thrown right to him Easy catch still couldn't do it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Meet the Oakland Randy Moss, now appearing in NE.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Moss does seem to be unwilling (attitude) or unable (he was knocked around a lot earlier in the season) to give maximum effort. If he knows the ball is not coming his way, he seldom "sells" his route if it is just a decoy. He has incredible talent, but the effort is not always there. Welker, on the other hand, is ALL effort, with limited physical skills.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

Posted by Patsman2

wrong... oakland was(is) a horrible team + moss was injured= not randy moss like production( still had a 1000 yard season) if moss was going to "give up"( ridiculous thing for someone who makes his money catching balls) he would've done it last year when his QB was hurt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaack. Show jaack's posts

Posted by Patsman2

Moss is great job as acted decoy for team  more open for other players who catch the ball from Brady.  He is team player period.. rain day is not easy to catch the ball in long pass.  he is better man than he was in Oakland !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

Such a heartwarming story in these very difficult economic times.

The Pats picked him up off the scrap pile and gave him a legit shot at both a Super Bowl and the HOF...and, btw, pay him millions.

What a shame for him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

If he isn't healthy, and especially if his back is hurting him, it would definitely explain why he doesn't seem to be fighting for the ball as much.  It would also explain why he doesn't fight to break up an interception.  I don't think I'd want to get on an NFL field to be pummeled by defenders if my back was out of whack.  Heck, I hate carrying the kid when that happens...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Panther players are supposedly saying that Moss "quit" on the Patriots today: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/13/panthers-claim-moss-quit-on-patriots/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

Randy did seem OFF his game today. It appeared that he lacked effort a few times. Why? He is not saying. He seems to be a moody person and maybe being censured does not sit well.
     Physical or mental, let's hope he comes out of it for the rest of the games. He is an absolute must if there is to be any kind of Post Season run
     Maroney looked good, Burgess finally got another sack, Wes was his amazing self. Tom was good, B.Watson played well. Sammy Morris needs to get a basketball in his hands and get his feel for a catch back. Also, 2 hands on the ball at the end of a run, Sammy.
     Go Pats

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

Panther players are supposedly saying that Moss "quit" on the Patriots today: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/13/panthers-claim-moss-quit-on-patriots/
    Posted by TexasPat3

You didn't need to hear from the Panthers' locker room...  you just had to watch the game.

That film session is going to be BRUTAL.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

and you just gonna believe in whatever everyone says on him? have you not have any opinion on your own? Kevin Faulk didn't question his effort, so didn't brady, so why should you? oh just cuz some CB on the panthers say he shuts it down all the sudden he shuts it down?

Did you ever know that took a discount on his 3 year contract for a shot at the ring? NE gave him a chance by trading for him, but he did the rest by giving his best and stayed after 2007.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

If he isn't healthy, and especially if his back is hurting him, it would definitely explain why he doesn't seem to be fighting for the ball as much.  It would also explain why he doesn't fight to break up an interception.  I don't think I'd want to get on an NFL field to be pummeled by defenders if my back was out of whack.  Heck, I hate carrying the kid when that happens...
    Posted by carawaydj

Maybe his back is bothering him, but wouldn't he at least show up on the injury report?  There's been no real mention of it since the ATL game a few months back

Sections
Shortcuts