What's going on with Moss?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

Re: What's going on with Moss?

In Response to Re: What's going on with Moss?:
    [QUOTE]and you just gonna believe in whatever everyone says on him? have you not have any opinion on your own? Kevin Faulk didn't question his effort, so didn't brady, so why should you? oh just cuz some CB on the panthers say he shuts it down all the sudden he shuts it down? Did you ever know that took a discount on his 3 year contract for a shot at the ring? NE gave him a chance by trading for him, but he did the rest by giving his best and stayed after 2007.
    Posted by pochen23[/QUOTE]
     Well I hope he continues in his Patriot ways. Among the many certainties of life, Change is one. Let's hope that it is just a one game deviation from a great athlete

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

WOW!  The Carolina commentaries on Mr. Moss were scathing.  Essentially, they called him a quitter.  Of course, this is not the Jetsons; he can't just fly up to get the ball and head into the end zone.

I stuck up for this guy when he first came to NE, despite the poor character references.  He certainly worked out for a while, however, what the Panthers depicted sounds an awful lot like the Oakland description of the $10m man.

It's really quite maddening to have two players (e.g. Thomas, Moss) eating up $20m+, whilst they walz around sulking, complaining, and just not performing.  Do they realise that their position on the payroll keeps the team from making moves that actuall can/will improve the team?  Who do they believe they are hurting- the coach; the team; the fans?  Are they that selfish?  Perhaps, it is time to provide TB with a new receiver core?  Methinks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfanNH. Show patsfanNH's posts

just a quick stat check..hmmmmm???
    1.  Andre Johnson HOU 1237
    2.  Santonio Holmes PIT 1080
    3.  Reggie Wayne IND 1078
    4.  Randy Moss NE 1058

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

[QUOTE]If Moss isn't healthy he shouldn't be out there, but he hasn't even shown up on the injury report. He looked totally disinterested today. And he's supposed to be a captain? Poor effort.
    Posted by touchdownpats[/QUOTE]

I'll give him a pass and assume he wasn't healthy.  Regarding whether he shouldn't be out here....Aiken was inactive.  Having the threat of Moss is better than going in with only Welker, Edelman and Stanback.  So yes, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.  I gave Tiger the benefit of the doubt too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

[QUOTE]     Panther players are supposedly saying that Moss "quit" on the Patriots today: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/13/panthers-claim-moss-quit-on-patriots/
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

On another note, when they focused on Moss with the isolated camera (the one you can see his face and eyes) he normally is looking around today he seemed (and looked) like he was just here as a decoy.  The dropped pass thought was a big boo-boo.  Sort of like he wasn't into it.   Shame on him if that is the case.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

[QUOTE]just a quick stat check..hmmmmm??? 1.  Andre Johnson HOU 1237 2.  Santonio Holmes PIT 1080 3.  Reggie Wayne IND 1078 4.  Randy Moss NE 1058
    Posted by patsfanNH[/QUOTE]

and 9 touchdowns to boot... leading the team and 3rd in the league i might add

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

Randy was sulking, wasn't running his routes and basically is turning into a non factor.  Welker has more heart in his pinky finger than Moss has in his whole body.  I think the Moss experiment (which worked great the last three years) has come to an end.  He has thrown in the towel, and if he looked a the standings in the AFC East he would notice we are still a playoff team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDonalds75. Show JDonalds75's posts

There was no deep ball today, period. Once Welker stepped up, and TB realized that was the answer for the day.  Randy was done, but the DBs still have to honor him on the field. 

Buffalo and a full week of practice is the answer for Randy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]Having the threat of Moss is better than going in with only Welker, Edelman and Stanback.
    Posted by schwank[/QUOTE]

Point. 

However, from a longer-term perspective, Pats people (i.e. players, coaches, and fans) want (and deserve) to know if he's into it, simply put.  After all, he came to the Pats tagged with the same descriptions that Carolina put on him, today.  Of course, one can toss in other factors, such as recent events (i.e. late for meeting).  Hopefully, his recent performance wasn't anything besides a bad game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

amazes me stupid u guys r. first off again, int had nothing 2 do w/ xecpt he was 5 feet from the ball, hes my fav playa ever, but ill rip him if need be, just lik last week brady made a verry poor throw n decision. seriously u guys kno nothing bout football, nothing bout sports, at all. he had a bad game, ok a very bad game. none of u dirt dogs kno him n to say anything bout his effort, well you'll bein a moron. to blame this teams problems on him is stupid

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

[QUOTE]amazes me stupid u guys r. first off again, int had nothing 2 do w/ xecpt he was 5 feet from the ball, hes my fav playa ever, but ill rip him if need be, just lik last week brady made a verry poor throw n decision. seriously u guys kno nothing bout football, nothing bout sports, at all. he had a bad game, ok a very bad game. none of u dirt dogs kno him n to say anything bout his effort, well you'll bein a moron. to blame this teams problems on him is stupid
    Posted by SICOFITALL[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU!!! THE WHOLE GLOBE STAFF HAS THIS THING AGAINST MOSS.... $H!T IS CRAZY

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

As far as I am concerning, when we played the Jets, Revis was on Moss, not Welker, that tells you who the opposing teams think is the most dangerous on the team.

I think there is some merit to Moss losing interest after being taken out of the game in the first half after linking it to Pats' second half struggle all season. The opposing teams key on Moss at the beginning to take him out of the game, allowing Welker and the rest to be free, which results in alot of Patriots points in the first half but Moss was taken out of the game.

In the second half, teams think they got Moss out of the game, and knowing that Brady won't be looking his way, they start shifting the defense on the other WRs, making it hard to get going on anything.

What the Pats need to do is to focus on giving Moss the ball in the beginning of the second half, take a few chances on the deep ball. Either they connect or not, it will keep the defense honest and keep Moss involved. I have watched a few Pats games, regardless Moss had a big first half or not, they don't take chance to throw the ball deep at all in the second half, and that needs to change.

It is not too uncommon for deep receiving threats to get taken out of the game if the ball isn't thrown to them. They run the longest routes in the playbook and it is very easy to lose interest if none of your hardwork is recognized on those deep routes.

Moss had 3-4 bad games this year, 2 being the result of Revis, you guys need to give him a break. I don't see anyone bashing on Welker on his 6 catch 32 yards no show in NO when they double covered both Moss and Welker. Moss is double covered every single game, Welker is double covered once and he had the worst game of the year. Go figure.

I wish you guys realize Moss's importance when he leaves in 2011 and teams double and triple cover Welker, or simple put their best CB on him every game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

its so true, i cant believ everyone does see it, not only the media, but the idiot fans in boson n that rout for boston teams, this guy is sssooooo undervalued here its not funny, i use to get upset , but these people dont kno a thing bout sports let alone football, dont let it bother u. they luv welker guys he this " tough lil white guy" hes a "dirt dog" that type of mentality. moss is a top 3 rec. all time, he stays healthy hes breakin j.r's td record. he had a bad game, period, end of story. but these people dont kno anything bout football, so they'll blame it on a rec., their morons

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

[QUOTE]As far as I am concerning, when we played the Jets, Revis was on Moss, not Welker, that tells you who the opposing teams think is the most dangerous on the team. I think there is some merit to Moss losing interest after being taken out of the game in the first half after linking it to Pats' second half struggle all season. The opposing teams key on Moss at the beginning to take him out of the game, allowing Welker and the rest to be free, which results in alot of Patriots points in the first half but Moss was taken out of the game. In the second half, teams think they got Moss out of the game, and knowing that Brady won't be looking his way, they start shifting the defense on the other WRs, making it hard to get going on anything. What the Pats need to do is to focus on giving Moss the ball in the beginning of the second half, take a few chances on the deep ball. Either they connect or not, it will keep the defense honest and keep Moss involved. I have watched a few Pats games, regardless Moss had a big first half or not, they don't take chance to throw the ball deep at all in the second half, and that needs to change. It is not too uncommon for deep receiving threats to get taken out of the game if the ball isn't thrown to them. They run the longest routes in the playbook and it is very easy to lose interest if none of your hardwork is recognized on those deep routes. Moss had 3-4 bad games this year, 2 being the result of Revis, you guys need to give him a break. I don't see anyone bashing on Welker on his 6 catch 32 yards no show in NO when they double covered both Moss and Welker. Moss is double covered every single game, Welker is double covered once and he had the worst game of the year. Go figure. I wish you guys realize Moss's importance when he leaves in 2011 and teams double and triple cover Welker.
    Posted by pochen23[/QUOTE]

PLEASE E-MAIL THIS TO ALL BOSTON SPORTS WRITER.. I MEAN I DONT EVEN KNOW THE GUY AND I FEEL FOR HIM.... HE GETS BASHED LIKE NO OTHER ITS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

[QUOTE]its so true, i cant believ everyone does see it, not only the media, but the idiot fans in boson n that rout for boston teams, this guy is sssooooo undervalued here its not funny, i use to get upset , but these people dont kno a thing bout sports let alone football, dont let it bother u. they luv welker guys he this " tough lil white guy" hes a "dirt dog" that type of mentality. moss is a top 3 rec. all time, he stays healthy hes breakin j.r's td record. he had a bad game, period, end of story. but these people dont kno anything bout football, so they'll blame it on a rec., their morons

I FINALLY ENCOUNTER SOME INTELLIGENT PEOPLE ON THIIS SITE

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

[QUOTE]yea , hey dont let it bother u. lik i said i use get so upset,, but these people really dont understand football.

the guy is arguably the best receiver to ever play the game... if he plays as long as jerry rice did he'll shatter all his records... but he gets treated like he doesn't care about the game he lays it all out on the line for... i've read things like "he doesn't care about winning" he does so much for the team in terms of drawing coverage and spreading the field and gets $hitted on 4 it... but wes welker the "lil tough white guy" is GOD in cleats...  take moss out the game and welker will have to catch at least 20 passes to get to the other teams' 20 yrd line... moss has 9 Tds welker has 4.... enuff said

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

The Panthers may be saying he quit, but here is Kevin Faulk's response:

Update: Teammate Kevin Faulk came to Moss' defense.

"As long as the guys in this locker room know that he's giving his all, and that football is the No. 1 thing in his life, I don't think what other people think matters," Faulk said. "He knows what he has to do as a football player, and he's doing it. Nobody else is complaining. Nobody in this organization is complaining about what he's doing."

Ever think he doesn't play hard?

"Never. One thing I would add: I think that what happened this week, as far as getting sent home -- I think it pissed us of as players, too -- how the media expressed how Randy Moss got sent home with three other players. That's what really hurts him the most. Why not name the other three players? Why just his name? He was really hurt about the situation, about getting sent home. But at the same time, that's what Bill's wishes were. And that's what he did."

Was it lingering at all?

"I know it wasn't. He loves football. This is what he loves to do. And nobody ever says that."

All over the place it was Moss and three others were late, everything was focused negatively on Moss, while giving the others a pass, or worse yet, in some cases defending a player like AD - yet, Moss took responsibility, did not complain.

It's amazing how quickly fans turns on players, completely dismissing everything he has done until now with this team.

By the way, Brady also defended Moss, as did both Dungy and Rodney...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolinagrad. Show carolinagrad's posts

He flat out dogged it today. Why, he us sulking because he was disciplined. A leopard doesn't change his spots. We are seeing the player he was before he came here. A moody Randy Moss. He quit on his team today. If I am his teammates I am ticked!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

[QUOTE]The Panthers may be saying he quit, but here is Kevin Faulk's response: Update : Teammate Kevin Faulk came to Moss' defense. "As long as the guys in this locker room know that he's giving his all, and that football is the No. 1 thing in his life, I don't think what other people think matters," Faulk said. "He knows what he has to do as a football player, and he's doing it. Nobody else is complaining. Nobody in this organization is complaining about what he's doing." Ever think he doesn't play hard? "Never. One thing I would add: I think that what happened this week, as far as getting sent home -- I think it pissed us of as players, too -- how the media expressed how Randy Moss got sent home with three other players. That's what really hurts him the most. Why not name the other three players? Why just his name? He was really hurt about the situation, about getting sent home. But at the same time, that's what Bill's wishes were. And that's what he did." Was it lingering at all? "I know it wasn't. He loves football. This is what he loves to do. And nobody ever says that." All over the place it was Moss and three others were late, everything was focused negatively on Moss, while giving the others a pass, or worse yet, in some cases defending a player like AD - yet, Moss took responsibility, did not complain. It's amazing how quickly fans turns on players, completely dismissing everything he has done until now with this team. By the way, Brady also defended Moss, as did both Dungy and Rodney...
    Posted by AdrenalineJunkie[/QUOTE]

yea the media was having a field day with that being sent home B.S

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from krb1981. Show krb1981's posts

Numbers dont lie. Moss is still doing great. its the genius of BB getting rid of his best pass rushers Seymour and Vrabel. plus Bodden is our best DB. still a playoff team. and if the Offense gets it together still dangerous in the playoffs. BB decided to kick a few FG's today. and what do you know, we won!
    1Santonio Holmes, WRPIT70116108015.43571683.1036655
    2Randy Moss, WRNWE68116105815.69711688.2128450
    3Wes Welker, WRNWE95122105311.14586105.3146054
    4Andre Johnson, WRHOU70128104414.96721387.0033746
    5Sidney Rice, WRMIN6394103616.44631586.3026243
    6Reggie Wayne, WRIND83121103512.59391686.3029562
    7Antonio Gates, TESDG679299414.84561682.8143852
    8Steve Smith, WRNYG7812197912.65511381.6018946
    9Larry Fitzgerald, WRARI8312596911.710341280.8024458
    10Hines Ward, WRPIT7610994312.46521372.5235445

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

[QUOTE]hey carolina, " the playa he was b4" u talkin bout the 17 td's 1600 yrd guy in minn, the 1008 8 td guy in oakland, one of the worst teams in history? hes twice the playa steve smith is lol, double the tds idiot

damn i wish we had the rookie randy... that guy played angry and was a couple of steps faster then the current randy(he's more crafty now)... the nfl network named his rookie season the best rookie season ever... i have to agree

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

Also, all you need to see is how many TD Welker has. There is a reason the Pats struggle in the red zone. Moss can't stretch the field in red area, resulting in tighter coverage on Welker and there is no surprise that he doesn't come through in those situations.

Brady simply hasn't been very accurate this season to fit that footbal into the small window into Randy's hands in the red area (throwing the ball to the wrong shoulder in that miami game, you ppl can twist it into that Moss should have broken the interception... how about you ask Brady to throw it to where Randy can catch it, which is his outside shoulder?) When it comes to blaming a player for a team's loss, Randy is always the first, I don't know why he hasn't earned you guys over the last couple years and give him the benefit of the doubt.

There is a difference between Welker and Moss. When Brady misses Moss on a deep throw, whichever it is, not seeing that he was open, or simply overthrown the ball, it is more frustrating than missing a 5 yard slant to Welker. Those long ball chances don't come often in a game, you got to hit them when they come or you don't see them again the rest of the game.

Moss has always been great in catching those when they comes, in fact I have not seen him drop a deep ball this season. However, he is only as good as his QB can throw the ball. Last season we blame Cassel for not able to throw the deep ball to Moss, in fact, Brady hasn't been much better in that area this season. He has missed a ton of those throws this season. The problem is we think he is the Brady of old, so the blame automatically goes to Moss.

Moss has never ever failed when he has a QB who can throw the ball deep. His stats link greatly to his QB's play, and IMO, his struggle is only an indication of Tom Brady not being the same, or perhaps the play calling is just awful.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]Numbers dont lie. Moss is still doing great. its the genius of BB getting rid of his best pass rushers Seymour and Vrabel. plus Bodden is our best DB. still a playoff team. and if the Offense gets it together still dangerous in the playoffs. BB decided to kick a few FG's today. and what do you know, we won! 1 Santonio Holmes , WR PIT 70 116 1080 15.4 3 57 16 83.1 0 366 55 2 Randy Moss , WR NWE 68 116 1058 15.6 9 71 16 88.2 1 284 50 3 Wes Welker , WR NWE 95 122 1053 11.1 4 58 6 105.3 1 460 54 4 Andre Johnson , WR HOU 70 128 1044 14.9 6 72 13 87.0 0 337 46 5 Sidney Rice , WR MIN 63 94 1036 16.4 4 63 15 86.3 0 262 43 6 Reggie Wayne , WR IND 83 121 1035 12.5 9 39 16 86.3 0 295 62 7 Antonio Gates , TE SDG 67 92 994 14.8 4 56 16 82.8 1 438 52 8 Steve Smith , WR NYG 78 121 979 12.6 5 51 13 81.6 0 189 46 9 Larry Fitzgerald , WR ARI 83 125 969 11.7 10 34 12 80.8 0 244 58 10 Hines Ward , WR PIT 76 109 943 12.4 6 52 13 72.5 2 354 45
    Posted by krb1981[/QUOTE]

Yea numbers dont lie.  The last 4 games Moss has a whopping 11 catches for about 150 yards.  If that is all the production they get out of him the rest of the way, they are in trouble.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

if you wanna slobb randy off be my guest, but how can you possibly shiiit on wes when he produces week after week? make all the excuses you want for randys lack of effort, even the carolina db's had plenty to say about that comparison. maybe instead of people making excuses for moss he should raise up since he has not just been quietly called out now, but very publicly by his opponents. i love randy moss but he is dogging it and if he really is a leader he needs to start stepping up and playing tougher...cant score a 65 td in the 1st quarter every week, sometimes you gotta fight to get open and make plays...nuff said

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's going on with Moss? : the guy is arguably the best receiver to ever play the game... if he plays as long as jerry rice did he'll shatter all his records... but he gets treated like he doesn't care about the game he lays it all out on the line for... i've read things like "he doesn't care about winning" he does so much for the team in terms of drawing coverage and spreading the field and gets $hitted on 4 it... but wes welker the "lil tough white guy" is GOD in cleats...  take moss out the game and welker will have to catch at least 20 passes to get to the other teams' 20 yrd line... moss has 9 Tds welker has 4.... enuff said
    Posted by 81pats12[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

[QUOTE]if you wanna slobb randy off be my guest, but how can you possibly shiiit on wes when he produces week after week? make all the excuses you want for randys lack of effort, even the carolina db's had plenty to say about that comparison. maybe instead of people making excuses for moss he should raise up since he has not just been quietly called out now, but very publicly by his opponents. i love randy moss but he is dogging it and if he really is a leader he needs to start stepping up and playing tougher...cant score a 65 td in the 1st quarter every week, sometimes you gotta fight to get open and make plays...nuff said In Response to Re: What's going on with Moss? :
    Posted by HOFFBURGER[/QUOTE]

he wasn't catching passes but dude was blocking... the notion is he completely gave up and sort of stood there... i saw dude running while being shaded by 3 guys i mean he had a bad game it happens to the best of em and wes is supposed to show up game after game because there's a deep threat (i.e: moss) eating up coverage... the panthers have no reason to compliment moss so what they say holds no merit... look with the NE offense you have 2 choices take away moss or welker meaning do you want to give up TDs or first downs???

Sections
Shortcuts