What's going on with Moss?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolfer. Show rolfer's posts

Re: What's going on with Moss?

What's going on?

He's trying count his money in his head now that he's got a contract.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Tex
    Judging by what Moss has done in his time in a Patriots' uniform, the guy has earned the benefit of any doubts. Lets' support the guy, and see whether he and his coaches can find a way to turn things around.   

I have to say the BOOing of Moss and this team is KRAP. I understand the high expections of NE fans, But to boo anyone on THEIR team fighting to overcome some of what we have seen the last couple of weeks? This is the same Moss doing some of the same things he's done since 07. If you have not seen it you were'nt looking. What happen to getting behind someone when their down? How about the same for BB. You guy's remember? BB can do it with no name players? Don't be so fast to eat your own. Take a lesson from BB. Sometimes your gut and the people around you are all you have.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

A lot of people have been defending Moss, and that's fine. But some of the support for his play has relied on the argument that people on this forum are unqualified to judge his play.

Well, Chris Carter was just on "Mike and Mike in the Morning", and he basically said that, for whatever reason, Moss just shut it down. Is HE qualified enough to be critical of Moss? I was expecting him to stand up for his old teammate, but he did not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

Chris Carter also said in The Blitz last night that Moss has always played this way, wheather it is his 23 TD year in 2007, or this year, so he sees nothing wrong with him at all. He did have problem with him playing awful yesterday but hey, anyone can have a bad game. Chris Carter stood up for Moss by saying that he has always taken plays off in his career, that's his way of conserving energy for the whole game, it only comes out as a problem when they are losing, when they are winning no one talks about it. He hasn't just recently started taking play off due to losing or whatever reason.

IMO, it is which ever way you want to take from Chris Carter. Before we all jump on Moss, let's see what he does next week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

He picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to Re: What's going on with Moss?:
    [QUOTE]     Teams now have a blue-print for stopping the Patriots' offense. Take away the big play, and make the Pats go the length of the field. The way that they're accomplishing this is to double-team Moss, and get physical with him, early and often. They can do this because the Patriots lack a quality option across from Moss as their third WR...a weakness that I and others have harped upon all season. This is one of the reasons why the diminutive Wes Welker has been so effective. Teams are sacrificing the dinks and dunks to him, in return for taking away the bombs to Randy.      As a result, Moss is clearly getting frustrated. It is why the Patriots tried to rush back the slowly recovering Brandon Tate earlier in the season, from knee surgery. BB is paying for his offseason mistakes of letting Jabar Gaffney go, the signing of the very over the hill Joey Galloway, and wasting a 5th round draft choice for the worthless Greg Lewis.      It is now up to BB and his staff to develop another option at 3rd WR or at TE, to free Moss of the shackles that opposing defenses are applying to him, week after week.      Judging by what Moss has done in his time in a Patriots' uniform, the guy has earned the benefit of any doubts. Lets' support the guy, and see whether he and his coaches can find a way to turn things around.     
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

LOL, the gameplan works because when you double team Moss and get physical with him he quits.  Now we know who Brady was talking about when he said when it gets tough you have to fight thru it, not quit. 

You think Moss is the only reciever to see double teams all the time or every team has 3 or 4 options?  Perfect example was yesterday and Steve Smith.  Who the hell does he have throwing to him and what other options does Carolina have? and he still makes big plays, game in and game out.

You think Hines Ward takes plays off if he is double teamed?  Hell they put 3 guys on Larry Fitzgerald and he still catches the ball.

No one is questioning Moss's talent, its his HEART, that people are questioning.

Oh and on the interception yesterday and the one in the Miami end zone, Moss had single coverage NOT double, and did nothing to try and break up the passes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Has Moss layed some eggs this year? Sure. So hasn't every single receiver in the league or you would see 15+ TD's and 1500 yards from a bunch of them. You think our offense is inept now? Take Moss off the team and see what you get. He will be fine. For someone who apparently isn't trying he's sure puts up some pretty good numbers. When Moss is gone after next year and it's Wes getting doubled every play your not going to see Wes Welker numbers match Moss I can tell you that much. When I start seeing  teams besides the Jets who have the best corner in the league were there are less than 5 supposedy shut down corners at al play man coverage on him for most of the game then I know he fell off.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from finishbreakfast. Show finishbreakfast's posts

[QUOTE]He had a bad game, it happens.  I'm just going to enjoy a much needed win.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Just a bad game? Glad Welker didn't have a bad game today. Oh, but then again, he's never had a bad day. BECAUSE he gives 100% effort on every play!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Has Moss layed some eggs this year? Sure. So hasn't every single receiver in the league or you would see 15+ TD's and 1500 yards from a bunch of them. You think our offense is inept now? Take Moss off the team and see what you get. He will be fine. For someone who apparently isn't trying he's sure puts up some pretty good numbers. When Moss is gone after next year and it's Wes getting doubled every play your not going to see Wes Welker numbers match Moss I can tell you that much. When I start seeing  teams besides the Jets who have the best corner in the league were there are less than 5 supposedy shut down corners at al play man coverage on him for most of the game then I know he fell off.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Andre Johnson had a bad game against Revis, too, earlier this year.  I'd say that's more of a reflection on Revis coming into his own than it is against Moss.

Sometimes there are also good cornerbacks in the league and they also make good plays (and get away with holding Moss and chucking him downfield).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from syd81. Show syd81's posts

This is bunk.  Randy didn't quit on the pats.  More than once he got behind the coverage but didn't get the ball thrown his way.  It happens.  He's a competitor and games like this are hard on a competitor. Let's put away the bean town black-jack and appreciate the fact that we have one of the premier recievers of all time.  I'm hoping the Pats can pick up Houshmandzadeh in the off season for cheap and Randy will go on to set some more records.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1r3d12. Show m1r3d12's posts

Moss "isn't here"

You try playing with a seperated shoulder.