What's got to happen this Sunday to make you feel "real" good about the Pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: What's got to happen this Sunday to make you feel

Seeing Ridley make decisive moves and get some good production. Having the offensive line play much better. And seeing the defense improve in all areas..being able to get off the field consistently on third downs...applying pressure, etc.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I want to see the OL come together with a solid effort. Open some running lanes, and obviously protect our boy when he's back to pass.

I would like to see two things from the defense.....pressure on the QB, and some good coverage on the recievers....

Not worried about anything else.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

Alot of 3 and outs by Tennessee, a fast and furious defense

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

1. They win.
    2. They win.
    3. No Patriot gets injured.
    4. Repeat # 3
    5. Very solid job by O line to pass block
    6. Good job by o line to run block
    7. Solid performance by RBs
    8. Solid job all around on D: v run, v pass and pass rush
    9. Any unexpected player plays so well that we think he may be a budding star

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

1) Solid safety play
    2) Mankins and SeaBass play well
    3) McCourty plays well
    4) Front 7 defensive rookies make an impact (doesn't matter who just as a whole)
    5) Ridley makes plays against a defense playing the run

1 and 3 were issues last year.  4 will really make me feel good about the defense.  2 provides a lot more certainty about the OL.  5 is an element of the offense I think Ridley  has the potential to improve.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I'd love to see Jones make 2 sacks 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from olivern. Show olivern's posts

I want to see Gronk demonstrate the same ability to cut and get separation that he showed before his ankle injury last year. Maybe he was just coasting in the pre-season, but he seemed to be running a little stiffly to me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment: 

"The more I think about the Hooman signing the more it makes sense. Remember when it was 2nd and 1 and they ran the ball to the left side 3 times and couldn't get a single yard? Well Hooman is essentially the size of a small T. He might be listed at 263 but I think he's closer to 300 then 260. Maybe he's the blocking FB/run blocking 3rd TE on the left side? Would improve our running game on short yardage"

_______

PE, I was thinking the same thing. They could bring in three TEs to block for the RB on short, hard yard plays. I can see that working, and really hard to stop. With the RBs they have now, there's potential that the RBs hit HRs. There is also potential for PA. I just hope they don't overuse it so that it becomes predictable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I agree Seattle, it looks like they are going to have a change in scheme this year. A running game will help Brady, the offense, and the defense. Lots of big bodies on offense, I like it. They have been a finesse offense and a very good one but couldn't line up and run the ball if they had too. They would have won the super bowl if they could have. Teams have pushed them around in the past in those situations but it looks like they are going to change that.

really looking forward to seeing this team play!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

In order, 

1. The offensive line plays cohesively and keeps pressure off Brady. Vollmer looks healthy. Solder looks solid. Wendell looks like a legitimate starter at center. 
    2. The defensive backs play well together as a unit and improve over some of the horrible performances we've seen in the past few years. We don't see badly blown coverages or receivers being given huge cushions. At the very least they make their opponent work for their offense. Arrington, Dowling, and McCourty are aggressive and physical (given rule changes) in coverage. Gregory and Chung show leadership, maturity, and make receivers and ball carriers pay. 
    3. We see evidence of a pass rush; Chandler Jones looks like the real thing. 
    3. Ridley has a solid game. Doesn't have to be anything spectacular, but simply runs the ball effectively.
    4. The defense causes at least one turnover, but a couple would be even better.
    5. Improvement is shown from the linebackers in pass coverage schemes. 
    6. Lloyd looks like the threat he is being touted as and we see him stretching the defense. 
    7. Hightower continues to look like the real deal. 
    8. The running back rotation appears to work.
    9. There is improvement in the return game. 
    10. The offfense is unpredictable and plays fast, utlizing the talent they have to shuffle players in,  
    keep people fresh, go no huddle, call plays from the line, and come from a variety of slots to keep it moving. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

make ten's d pay dearly with big gains or tds when they aggressively attack tb. force the pass rushers hesitate by employing screens, draws and whatever.

on d, i want to see penetration. give locker little time to see the field. tfls even if no sacks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The pre-season didn't give us much at all and the cut down of the roster to the obligatory 53 man roster gave us some surprises.  This Sunday the "real" season begins and reality can start setting in about the Patriots and their prospects for the 2012 season.  We all know the mantra regarding the phrase, "On any given Sunday." and Tennessee can definitely make this a reality playing at home versus the Pats.  The season is 16 games long and regardless of what happens this Sunday, there will be posts here of doom and gloom.  So, what do we want to see that can make us feel "real" good about the Pats prospects for 2012 now that the game counts?  My two cents:

1.  The Pats HAVE a running game so they can eat up clock.  Yes, it's nice to score quick, but, do by doing it in too little time gives the opponent more possessions to eat up the clock.
    2.  The D can more consistently force some 3 and outs in a game and late in a game, too.
    3.  Extreme unpredictabilty on offense.. the opponent will have no idea what the Pats will do versus all passing and few runs like we saw last season.
    4.  How about not a single 3rd and long situation that results in a first down for the opponent?  Last season, I could hear those groans in NE all the way down here in MD!!
    5.  A shut out would be nice for a good start for the D! (wishful thinking, here)

[/QUOTE]

Just one thing...the ability of the OL to protect Tom Terrific. If they OL gets the job done, the Pats will win this game easily.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

A W w/o  injuries.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Win and no sacks on Brady. A turnover or 2 from Pats D would be good as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

The more I think about the Hooman signing the more it makes sense. Remember when it was 2nd and 1 and they ran the ball to the left side 3 times and couldn't get a single yard? Well Hooman is essentially the size of a small T. He might be listed at 263 but I think he's closer to 300 then 260. Maybe he's the blocking FB/run blocking 3rd TE on the left side? Would improve our running game on short yardage

One posssibility I haven't heard is they are not fully confident in their o-line. TEs are, after all, skill players who double as linemen. I'm not sure exactly what BB and Josh have up their sleeves, but it's going to be interesting to see whether the Pats use the TEs more as receivers, run blockers or extra pass blockers.

One other thing--if the Pats use three TEs, defenses will have to adjust with heavier players. That could actually help the downfield passing game as well since Welker will be matched against linebackers and safeties may be reluctant to double up on Lloyd.  Could be very interesting to watch how defenses try to adjust.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In the words of Al Davis, 'Just win baby' !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree with Harley...lots of 3 and outs, and not letting the titans convert 3rd and longs.

I think the offense will be fine and score points. my only question is the oline and protection for Brady. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The first 4 TE set! With it being the old bubble package Welker catches the ball and amidst the trees even the camera can't find him TD New England!!! Steady play from the O-line,Tom being the usual Tom,and the most important thing is a win!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

What I want to see most, is a solid defensive showing.  Tennessee may not be the toughest test for the defense, but I'd love to see some three and outs and few big gains in the passing game.  

On offense, I want to see them able to move the ball and score TDs in the redzone.  I don't care so much how they move the ball--run or pass--I just want to see an offense that looks a little more diverse than last year's one-dimensional offense.  I'm really curious to see what they do with the TEs and the receivers.  Are they going to go heavy and run a lot or are they going to use the TEs and receivers in a different kind of passing game (or do some of both)?   I think that's going to be very interesting to watch.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

The Pats D puts together a string of 3 and outs, then again I'll take a series of consecutive 2 and outs. If that happens ....Game.

Enjoy your positive comments Bill

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Lots of stuff to make folks happy being written here.  I think when all is said and done, no matter how they play, given the ups n' downs we have experienced these last couple years, the Pats keep putting the Ws together.  If only those string of Ws stop ending in the SB!!!!  GO PATS!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I'd like to see Chandler Jones with a sack or two.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

We win by a lot while giving up nothing and Chung makes it through the game uninjured.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

waters walks in.
    fells is healthy
    everyone else is healthy and does their job.